Horrible experience with frontlines

Malex595

First of all, it is complete BS that they removed Frontlines as a game mode, since it has a trophy attached to it. You now have to struggle through 2 matches on Grand Operation before you get a single chance to play a game of Frontlines.

And to speak of my luck with this is just ridiculous...during the last 2 days i've gotten to around a dozen of Frontine matches. How many flags have i captured? ZERO. doesn't matter if my team won both previous rounds, lost both of them or did drew. On EVERY SINGLE OCCASION my team lost the flag so easily..... it stopped being funny a long time ago....

You will get a second chance to capture if you managed to defend at least 1 objective, still better than playing 2 days in the operation again. But I feel your pain when enemy team has +150 levels and your team mates tactically waiting in the spawn to snipe flying birds. Drop smoke and revive if you see a chance to capture, definitely helps.

You can set up community games (your own server) and play Frontlines. That’s how I did it took me a few hours and it was done. All I did was setup a community game of frontlines on fjell set the minimum requirement to 4 players for the game to start and just spammed Frontline games on that map. The only issue with fjell is there’s only one frontlines flag so you don’t usually get more than one shot per game but that also means the games go by real quick and you can spam them in quick succession.

The longest part is waiting for enough people (3+you so 4) to join for your game to actually start. Most of them will leave when they realise there aren’t enough players but when the game gets going people keep joining because it’s not a game mode you usually get to play and some of them also want the trophy.

Added (dirty but effective) bonus is that since you’re the one that set up the server you get to kick players that are too good on the other team and make it easier for your team to capture the flag. Finally you can do it on your own like I did but you could also probably find one or two person that also want the trophy to make it faster for the game to start.

PS: You can check my trophy log, I got the revive trophy in conquest at 11:20 my time then tried to set up the frontlines server failed for about 40 minutes, went to eat lunch, came back around 12:40-13:00 and by 2:35 I had the trophy. Maybe I got lucky though I don’t know.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malex595 said:

First of all, it is complete BS that they removed Frontlines as a game mode, since it has a trophy attached to it. You now have to struggle through 2 matches on Grand Operation before you get a single chance to play a game of Frontlines.

And to speak of my luck with this is just ridiculous...during the last 2 days i've gotten to around a dozen of Frontine matches. How many flags have i captured? ZERO. doesn't matter if my team won both previous rounds, lost both of them or did drew. On EVERY SINGLE OCCASION my team lost the flag so easily..... it stopped being funny a long time ago....

Chill dude, just set up a "boosting" session and get 4 players into a community game. It's really easy and less time consuming as I got it myself, waiting for a weekly playlist with Frontlines mode in it.

Agree this trophy sucked post frontlines.  I hated it too, play for an hour to get to the game mode and then lose in 10 minutes no caps.  Good thing for me that im generally a BF fan although its losing its luster. 

I played so much of Ops that I knew which side to be on to get the win and when to bail on the server when i was put on the wrong side.  There is an advantage for one side when it comes to the frontlines and rushing the flag.  Of course a great team will win regardless but if its a bunch of randoms then there is a better side to be on.  

Edited by audiopile