Rate The Game You Are Currently Playing

Azaan60

Shadow of the Colossus

I may get some hate on this one...I'll just breaking into two parts.

1) Casual gamer's view - 9/10. Battles are epic. The world is big enough that you can get lost hunting lizards and fruit if you so felt inclined. The music is beyond epic. Phenomenal sound track.

2) Plat hunter/Hardcore gamer - 5/10. The Hard Time attack shows you just how broken the game is. One try on a colossus may yield you a flurry of flailing retardedness that will never let you get a word in edgewise. The next go around, you could be in the exact same spot yet, even with the colossus thrashing about wildly, you could go on stabbing your merry little way as if you were on the sturdiest of surfaces. A game that bases battles purely on luck is broken. Once the frustration of all that happening over and over sets in, you'll start picking apart the game, piece by piece.

Great for a nice casual run. Highly recommended for that.

Edited by prarburkulosis

Okami = 9/10

What more to I need to say?

A lot more? Okay. Well basically this game is beautiful. The artistic style is completely unique and extremely gorgeous; both in terms of environments and characters. The dialogue is often funny and the characters are great, although the 'voice-acting' can be a bit annoying sometimes. In terms of gameplay, think LoZ. In ways it's similar to Twilight Princess (you play as a puppy/wolf!), although the combat is starting to get a lot more deep than I thought it would be; a nice surprise.

All in all a fantastic game

• Like 1

I am currently working on three games right now

1. Alpha Protocol- A pretty good game, you get to experience the life of a spy, making difficult decisions based on weighing your own morals against how useful the less than honorable path would be for the greater good. The stealth aspect of the game was handled very well, your character gains better skills as you progress, which you can chose based off your play style, without making your guy too ridiculous like walking into the middle of a room and slaughtering everyone around you or being near completely invisible at all times regardless of what you do. However the game lacks replay value in my opinion, once you have played through the story once, it just loses a lot of the excitement and can feel repetitive.  I would give it  a 7/10
2. Star Ocean The Last Hope- This game is a true Star Ocean game. You embark on a story that spans across multiple planets, gaining allies as you travel, from people you meet. This game has an epic story and requires a couple hundred hours atleast to achieve the platinum trophy. The game starts to feel like one massive grind though after beating the final boss though and it is easily possible to miss something that will require you to complete an entirely new playthrough. If you are not an rpg fan, you probably shouldn't pick this game up. 8/10
3. Disgaea 4- This game is a turn based strategy game about demons fighting each other. It's pretty amusing and the characters are very interesting, but no game I have played does grinds like Disgaea, since a between clearing the story and visiting the Land of Carnage all their is to do is item world an incredibly tedious task, the game itself is fun, but if you are going for the platinum you really need to be in it for the long haul, since alot of the things required to complete it have some luck involved in them, unless your Eternal_Spoon of course (in my opinion the master of Disgaea games). I would give this an 8/10

Hopefully, I will actually get number 2 and 3 done eventually.

Alpha_Protocol_cover.jpg

9/10 Excellent 

I got this game from the bargain bin at my local Gamestop a few days ago. I didn't go in to this game expecting anything special, which led to me being pleasantly surprised by my experience.

The world of espionage lends itself well to the RPG genre and this game really did a great job of making me feel like a super spy. I loved the dialogue options and the whole choice and consequence system

Now this game didn't get the best of reviews, and I will say that the reviewers did have some legitimate gripes. Personally, the gameplay/camera needed some tweaking and there needed to be way more customization (why can't I be a kick-ass femme fatale?). It's a shame this game isn't getting a sequel because I would love to see this series fully blossom into what it could be

I'm currently playing two games:

Assassin's Creed II - This is so much better than the first game, the missions are less assassin like than the first, but i'll let that go because they are much less repetitive.  There is also a variance on on the weapons you can use, from the type (Maces, swords, spears) through to the style of the weapon.  With these new weapons there are new skills you can use in combat.  Plus there are side missions that you can lose yourself in. 8/10

inFAMOUS 2 - Better powers and better story than the original with a couple of good twists at the end.  Plus collectible are pretyy easy to find.  Nuff said. 8/10

• Like 1

I'm currently bouncing all over the place....but the game right now in the PS3...

1174902_209155029250164_1643959082_n.jpg

Definitely an arcadish flight fighter, much better than Air Conflicts: Secret Wars and not as taxing as either Birds of Steel or IL*2. Probably not worth a $50+ purchase, but feel comfortable when the price tag gets down around the $20 level. The Joystick controller is a nice novelty, but not something to use on a serious basis. Unless you collect, you can pass on it. The plane variation is interesting with a nice selection of Fighters, Divebombers and Torpedo Planes. Most are upgradeable and have multiple levels...nothing like the plane selection in IL*2 or BoS, but definitely a generous selection. I think the multiplayer WOULD be a blast, if you could find some peeps to play with...like most flight games, the following is rather sparse. If you are a fan of WWII flight games, I think you'll find this a decent adventure.

I give it at the 1/2 way point a 7 outta 10.

Muramasa's Rebirth: Has beautiful art style and a cool story. The controls and fighting mechanics really makes it more enjoyable than a lot of these 2D scroller games. Great buy if your a Vita owner 8/10

Fallout 3: 10/10... lol I'm finally getting around this this whenever I am at home and I love open world quests. I know I'll be putting in at least another 100 hours finishing everything the game has to offer!

Hitman: Blood Money

8.5/10. The controls are quite difficult to get used to if you start from SA/Contracts, but they're pretty good once you get used to them. The missions are a lot more funner and I like the 'accidental deaths' aspect, and putting things like cameras in the game. Evidence and witnesses makes the game more tricky, too. Great game, my favourite in the trilogy right now.

FFXIII

I have been playing this game off and on for the past two years, and since I have ran out of new games to play, I decided to keep playing this one and hopefully get the platinum.  As much criticism that this game has had, I actually enjoyed it (already beat game and doing post game things).  I got used to the paradigm shifts for fighting and the graphics are beautiful.  Also, as always, the music is outstanding.  Some of the boss battles were ridiculous (to the point of looking up a strategy) but I enjoyed my ride with Lightning and crew as they continued their quest to complete their Cieth mission.  

I am rating it an 8/10.  Wish me luck as I go and fight the harder missions and get the treasure trophy.   :awesome:   

Nice thread idea ;)

For me I'm playing -

Thor - In case you can't tell, I'm a huge comic fan. Thor was always one of my favorites (he got me into Mythology) and this is his first ever stand alone game. The game looks good and Thor has some cool moves (even though he can only fly in certain points of the game WTF?!?!) They got the original actors to voice the characters which is cool.

Now for the bad. The collision is bad to the point of being broken, especially on the grapples which are essential in boss battles. You can stand right where you are supposed to be and try to grab the enemy and it is pot luck whether it happens or you take a hit. ESPECIALLY annoying on the hardest difficulty.

QTE timing is way off. You have to press the correct buttons so fast you actually have to guess which one it will be. And guess what, if oyu are wrong the enemy gets some sizable free hits on you.

The last level on Valhallan is a BEAST for the reasons indicated above. Let me just say if you put this game in your system to go for platinum, expect to get frustrated. I would even recommend getting rubber grips to potentially save your controller for when you throw your controller like Mjolnir when your rage peaks.

I would rate this crap a 4/10 and that's because I am a Thor fan. If you could care less about Thor AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE

10051325-1357566181-189353.jpg

7/10

The game is quite good but bit of a disappointment, since it's coming from platinum games as well xD

There's not enough combos to do in the game, and you start doing the same actions time and time again, plus the length for the game was ridiculously short!

And one more thing...The final boss SUCKS ASS!!! There's barely any character development too -_-

Edited by DEVILKIDGAME15