Rate The Game You Are Currently Playing

Azaan60

I am currently working on three games right now

1. Alpha Protocol- A pretty good game, you get to experience the life of a spy, making difficult decisions based on weighing your own morals against how useful the less than honorable path would be for the greater good. The stealth aspect of the game was handled very well, your character gains better skills as you progress, which you can chose based off your play style, without making your guy too ridiculous like walking into the middle of a room and slaughtering everyone around you or being near completely invisible at all times regardless of what you do. However the game lacks replay value in my opinion, once you have played through the story once, it just loses a lot of the excitement and can feel repetitive.  I would give it  a 7/10

2. Star Ocean The Last Hope- This game is a true Star Ocean game. You embark on a story that spans across multiple planets, gaining allies as you travel, from people you meet. This game has an epic story and requires a couple hundred hours atleast to achieve the platinum trophy. The game starts to feel like one massive grind though after beating the final boss though and it is easily possible to miss something that will require you to complete an entirely new playthrough. If you are not an rpg fan, you probably shouldn't pick this game up. 8/10

3. Disgaea 4- This game is a turn based strategy game about demons fighting each other. It's pretty amusing and the characters are very interesting, but no game I have played does grinds like Disgaea, since a between clearing the story and visiting the Land of Carnage all their is to do is item world an incredibly tedious task, the game itself is fun, but if you are going for the platinum you really need to be in it for the long haul, since alot of the things required to complete it have some luck involved in them, unless your Eternal_Spoon of course (in my opinion the master of Disgaea games). I would give this an 8/10

Hopefully, I will actually get number 2 and 3 done eventually.

I'm trying to platinum Star Ocean and it is the biggest grind ever but it is a really great game though.

Spartacus : Legends 5/10

This game literally has more bugs and glitches than every other ps3 game I have played combined. In spite of that it can be pretty fun when it's not driving you crazy or robbing your gold. The gameplay is not very polished but I give it two bonus points for being free. So 3/10 if money isn't a factor I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

uncharted2_cover.jpg- 9.5/10 I actually prefer the second one from the 3rd one and arguably my second fav ps3 exclusive.

jaquette_resident_evil_revelations_plays- 8/10 probs ranks around 4th fav Resident Evil game mainly because it has Jill as the main, I do however dislike the dodge system and the campaign is only 5 hours long, is a port from DS so I understand.

pa_197924_1_350x350.jpg- 7/10 had so much potential but it was let down by the laziness of the developers.

I'll rate a few games I've played recently...

CoD: Black Ops 2 - 7/10 - an alright campaign, had good fun with mates on zombies recently but not something that I think will keep me going back... All in all, just another CoD game!

The Last of Us - 3/10 - Yes the story is great, and graphically decent, but i just don't like stealth games... I'm no good at them!

Fallout 3 - 6/10 - I played this after many people raved about it online and I'll admit it is a good game, I think I would prefer skyrim if I were to give that a go though

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - 9.9/10 - This game is amazing, I love every second of it but the space missions where you fight the large ugly sisters seem a bit pointless for me, they don't really seem to be important? Other than that I wish there were more games like this!

I'm going to use IGN's .1 system (which I'm glad they brought back).

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 9.2/10. Great, realistic campaign with a nice length to it, stealth has been brought back to the way it should be played in the series, incredibly smooth controls and phenomenal co-op missions. My two gripes are the MP servers and the fact that Eric Johnson is NOT Sam Fisher and never pulled it off. Had Michael Ironside voiced Sam, the rating would have been higher.

The Last of Us - 3/10 - Yes the story is great, and graphically decent, but i just don't like stealth games... I'm no good at them!

Technically, you don't have to play the game stealthy if you don't want to. On higher difficulties with scarcer ammo, it might be preferred, but really any game can be played however you want. My above mentioned game of Splinter Cell: Blacklist, they give you the option to go complete stealth or to assault and kill everything with extreme prejudice. Heck, even after I plat'd The Last of Us, I replayed it on its lowest difficult and went in guns blazing. THAT was fun! :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

L61e76e.png

For those of you who don't know, this is the DLC from Alice: Madness Returns.  It's a 10 year old port from PC.  To say the least, they didn't port it over well at all.  The YouTube vids I've seen of this being played on the PC make it look like a good game.  However, both the controls and collision detection, along with a few other things, have made this game a chore to play.  To say the least, if you intend on getting 100% on Alice, make sure to put this one on easy...also, have plenty of aspirin on hand.

Lc3edfe.png

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

It takes some time getting used to the controls.  It's not a simple game.  However, once you put in the time and patience which is required to get up and running, it's an amazing game.  The cinemas are live-action and played by excellent actors, for the most part.  To say the least, it's very entertaining.  Although, I do wish they made this game Kb/M compatible, they did a really good job on getting it to work with the DS3.  Also, it has the save-anytime feature that I love in games.  Actually, it's almost necessary to have since some of the battles can be lengthy.

So far that I've experienced, I'd highly recommend this game to anybody who is open to something new on a console.