Resident Evil 3 Trophy Thoughts

Hinsusta

This game is too easy. I expected more. The new difficulty is not difficult either. You don't need an S + anymore to get the Rocket Launcher or other endless weapons. In my opinion, this part is a 02/10 in difficult ranking, since you can farm easily the Rocket Launcher with kills. 

Just play your first run for fun and enjoy the short game. It's amazing btw

Edited by Hinsusta
Correction
  • Like 1

Just now, nrs1nrs1 said:

definitely getting this one, S-rank on "Inferno" scares the piss out of me tho, wonder how that difficulty will play

Don't be scared. You can spam the enemies away with the rocket launcher. Its too easy tbh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NurseTatiana said:

I have started the game a bit recently when it came out playing on hard is not too bad but I see they cut a lot of areas if I remember right? 

Yeah. I never played the original, but I read something saying that "entire locations and boss fights" are missing. Very odd. 

1 minute ago, JinjonatorX said:

Yeah. I never played the original, but I read something saying that "entire locations and boss fights" are missing. Very odd. 

It sucks tbh if they did that. RES2 still my favorite but I will first complete the game then later on give my thoughts.

I'm liking it a lot so far, but yes, trophies seem to very easy, but perhaps its too soon to claim such a team. I think we will probably repeat the story of the original one, many disliked it at first, but then It was loved by almost all of us. I'm a great fan of the original one.

I would like to see few FREE DLCS in the future for this game. 

Edited by BlackSnake1435
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

At least this time around you actually have to work your way, albeit grinding some, towards getting the cheat items instead of just buying them from the PS Store.

They put the infinite weapons on the store a few months after initial release. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Redgrave said:

At least this time around you actually have to work your way, albeit grinding some, towards getting the cheat items instead of just buying them from the PS Store.

True, but the grind is done very fast. I'm currently doing it and already half way for the amount of points needed. Took me less then an hour so far. But better then buying it from ps store that was stupid :/

Edit: So just got the 1400 kills + RPG + all the coins and stuff.. It kills every challange in this game lmao ?. Not complaining but just having fun along the way

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 2

This platinum is the joke of the year looking at the trophy list and based what others have said. The game is great tho I still think some important parts are missing since playing the original one years ago. It’s sucks that you can use infinite ammo on inferno mode I mean like really capcom? I’m still not going to use it and play it like a real resident evil player my opinion.

really powered through it today, Did four runs back to back (Assisted with collecting everything, Hardcore, another Assisted for the no healing run and then an S run on Nightmare). Only 5 challenges left an unlocked everything in the Shop except the crafting tool, Lock Pick, Bolt Cutters and infinite handgun.

Only three trophies left to platinum

- beating Inferno
- beating Inferno with S rank
- no Item box run

Final boss on Nightmare was insane. Took me about 20 tries and lots of practice with perfect dodges. Hope he isn't even harder on Inferno.

Just tested out Hot Dogger and Rai-Den weapons. Insanely fun. Burning enemies with Dogger works really well on zombies and the Rai-Den is a really great as it insta kills every enemy when hitting them in the weak spot (e.g headshots on zombies always make their heads explode) but will do no damage at all if you hit them anywhere else. Really great for practicing precision.

I gotta say they really outdid themselves with all the different modes and really fun weapons. Can't remember when it was last time that I had so much fun playing a game that I was grinding for so long in a row and beat a game four times in a row.

I have played RE 3 for about 20 hours total now and I am just loving every minute of it.

As for trophies - I personally don't feel that it is too easy or just given away. I mean nobody forces you to use bonus weapons to get those trophies. You can just do it the hard way without unlocks and then it will be hard as hell. And to use the bonus weapons, all the coins etc. you have to put in some work with challenges and grinding kills. That takes several hours so I feel like I actually worked for it and earned it. And even with all my unlocks the final battle on Nightmare was still a really tough challenge (well for me at least) so I feel I definitely worked hard for those trophies and it felt really rewarding in the end.

Then again I am not someone who wants super hard trophies. I am not the kind of person who enjoys high difficulty in games. I like working for my trophies a bit but I don't enjoy suffering through a game to get the plat. So for me the RE 2 and RE 3 trophylist is actually done just right.

And like I said - if you want a challenging plat on those games then just do all those trophies without ever using unlocks. Because you know, nobody actually forces you to use them.

Edited by Cloudbahamut
  • Like 3