PlatinumTrophy

PlatinumTrophy's Dispute

15 posts in this topic

PlatinumTrophy

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
How was I flagged for getting this platinum too fast? My time is only like 15 minutes faster than second place?

That’s the flag type. What is the actual report description, there will be actual details you overlooked there. 

Posted (edited)

According to the flag, I was "boasting about using cheats to 100% games" I don't understand what that's based on or why I was given this flag or how I was "caught cheating" on Rush Of Blood.

Edited by PlatinumTrophy
Made it easier to read

There's a chance someone flagged you because you're the fastest achiever in the game. I honestly don't see what's wrong but I never played it. 

40 minutes ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

There's a chance someone flagged you because you're the fastest achiever in the game. I honestly don't see what's wrong but I never played it. 

Anyone can Report. Only one of the Cheater Removers who sees the reason for the report can Flag someone. We are here because someone from the Cheater Removers believed they reasons in a report were enough to Flag someone. 

Reports are not automatic Flags. 

Well, I'd appreciate if the flag could be lifted, I've done nothing wrong and everything I've done legit so there's no reason I would be boasting about cheating games anyway, and even if I did cheat a game why would I boast about it, that's just a stupid thing to do and goes against common sense.

9 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Snip..and even if I did cheat a game why would I boast about it, that's just a stupid thing to do and goes against common sense.

Not saying this is you or that you have done anything unorthodox mate but, just so you know the folk that do cheat trophies are usually always daft enough to boast about it -or- more often than not dig their own hole before getting shown that they fell in 😅😅 hope this gets cleared up for you.

53 minutes ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

Not saying this is you or that you have done anything unorthodox mate but, just so you know the folk that do cheat trophies are usually always daft enough to boast about it -or- more often than not dig their own hole before getting shown that they fell in 1f605.png1f605.png hope this gets cleared up for you.

Reading peoples disputes in this dispute section, I can definitely tell that that is true for some reason

On 03/04/2020 at 4:42 PM, PlatinumTrophy said:

According to the flag, I was "boasting about using cheats to 100% games" I don't understand what that's based on or why I was given this flag or how I was "caught cheating" on Rush Of Blood.

Using cheats is allowed anyway, anything in game is allowed, outside software is what's not allowed, although I do have a question in regards to this, I remember years ago on PS2 Gran Turismo had a cheat disc you could use, not sure if anything like that exists today but would using that be against Leaderboard rules? I remember hiring the disc from the video shop so my guess is that the Gran Turismo developers published it. 

3 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Using cheats is allowed anyway, anything in game is allowed, outside software is what's not allowed, although I do have a question in regards to this, I remember years ago on PS2 Gran Turismo had a cheat disc you could use, not sure if anything like that exists today but would using that be against Leaderboard rules? I remember hiring the disc from the video shop so my guess is that the Gran Turismo developers published it. 

As far as I know, no such thing exists for ps4. Even if there was, Until Dawn Rush of Blood isn't a game that can be cheated at anyway, there are no unlockables there are no skills to unlock its just a straightforward game, load the level, complete the level on the highest difficulty. There is a glitch in the game that allows you to retry on the hardest difficulty by reloading a save file you stored on a USB, which is an entire thread that is discussed in the forums for the game, and if that is the "cheat" that I have been flagged for then IDK how I can have been flagged for it and nobody else. On top of that I didn't go boasting about it, I discussed the usage of the glitch with somebody who asked about the platinum in a private message but that's all. This flag is bogus.

this can happen over someone being jelly over your games, I mean I know of one person who kept boasting about cheating on games like killzone making all the enemies have big heads same with jak and daxter with the debug menu but it is pointless to boast about it as anyone can do it. however boasting about using a cheat to finish off a unfair boss I would say is good as I would call that cheesing them, like how using poison knifes on the host of the nightmare in bloodborne is the slowest but best way to kill him then running after him all the time.

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

As far as I know, no such thing exists for ps4. Even if there was, Until Dawn Rush of Blood isn't a game that can be cheated at anyway, there are no unlockables there are no skills to unlock its just a straightforward game, load the level, complete the level on the highest difficulty. There is a glitch in the game that allows you to retry on the hardest difficulty by reloading a save file you stored on a USB, which is an entire thread that is discussed in the forums for the game, and if that is the "cheat" that I have been flagged for then IDK how I can have been flagged for it and nobody else. On top of that I didn't go boasting about it, I discussed the usage of the glitch with somebody who asked about the platinum in a private message but that's all. This flag is bogus.

If I'm understanding properly , unless your using that save to get impossible timestamps then it shouldn't be a problem.  It sounds similar to what people do in fallout 3, save before level up milestones so they can hit that level as all the karma levels without doing whole new playthrough. 

I could be misunderstanding though.

Edited by charxsetsuna

6 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

If I'm understanding properly , unless your using that save to get impossible timestamps then it shouldn't be a problem.  It sounds similar to what people do in fallout 3, save before level up milestones so they can hit that level as all the karma levels without doing whole new playthrough. 

I could be misunderstanding though.

Basically, the game has a difficulty called Inferno difficulty and you play through every level in a row and if you die once you start back at level 1, however after each level you can leave the game and put the file onto a USB and if you die you can reload the save and be back where you just were like 5 minutes prior at the start of the level you died at, and the trophy is to complete the game on inferno difficulty. That is all the save file can do it doesn't increase your ability to get anything else, this USB trick is accepted and all my timestamps are very real and very much possible, if anything the time could have been 30 or so minutes faster if I was better at finding collectibles.

50 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

The current world fastest (4hr 57min) appears to have used the same level glitch, except completed the game 12 minutes faster.

IF that is the only reason for the flag, then this should be lifted.

I'll remove the flag. I have no idea why this was approved.