This Game is Actually Amazing

Mr_Tenno777

I found it quite a good game.

The problem with a game like this is that the gameplay sequences were not that great (imho); while the choices made very little impact on the story (opposite to previous game like heavy rain for example). If you play the game once is great because it lets you believe that the choices you made really matter, but the asyncronological timeline with the multiple playthough required for the platinum ruined the game a bit for me.

Change my mind xD

I quite like David Cage’s games - they are certainly an aquired taste, but they are always at least interesting, and can be very entertaining.

I think they tend to get a bit of a rough ride, partly because David Cage himself is a nuclear-grade Cockwomble and has a habit of thinking his stories are more original / mind-blowing than they are, but the games are genrally pretty solid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think they tend to get a bit of a rough ride, partly because David Cage himself is a nuclear-grade Cockwomble and has a habit of thinking his stories are more original / mind-blowing than they are, but the games are genrally pretty solid.

What? You mean someone else has considered the possibility that androids might be just as human as we are? GET OUT OF HERE!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

What? You mean someone else has considered the possibility that androids might be just as human as we are? GET OUT OF HERE!!

????

My favourite was his quote....

“it's like Blade Runner, but if you were meant to empathize with the androids”

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

My favourite was his quote....

“it's like Blade Runner, but if you were meant to empathize with the androids”

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You know, I actually think we had this exchange before. But it's worth repeating nonetheless.  ?

In any case, I never played this one, but I certainly have it in my PS+ collection. I disliked Heavy Rain, though I enjoyed Detroit quite a bit.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

It's my least favourite of Cage's post-ps2 games but I wouldn't say I disliked it. Trophy-wise, having to replay that tedious as hell final chapter so much soured my opinion, but outside of the romance stuff the story is pretty decent. Plus it has Willem Dafoe. So far my ranking is Heavy Rain > Detroit > Beyond. Heavy Rain is showing its age now and some parts are badly written ("take these painkillers. They'll help reduce the pain") but the mystery was easy to get into. Detroit was the most impressive but also a bit bloated, and I only really liked playing as Connor.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:33 AM, Stan Lee said:

My enjoyment from QD games comes from how ludicrous, self-indulgent and daft they are. At least this game had the actually great performances from Willem Dafoe and Elliot Page doing their damndest to sell the goofy script

This^^

While I think Detroit and Heavy Rain are still genuinely good ideas for stories and half decent games, I cant help but think David Cage is jerking himself off wayyyy to much with how "philosophical and world changing" he thinks his stories are.

• 2 months later...

I started the game like 8 months ago and only played a little bit of it then stopped playing it for some reason. I finely decided to sit down and finish it last week and i have to say it was one of the best story games i have ever played. My only regret is that i stopped playing it and didn't finish it right away.

They gave it shit for a good reason. Gameplay wasn't anything to run home about honestly and the story was a confusing mess. The only thing that it has going for it is it's graphics and star power. 

It's David Cage, so of course he was gonna have a shower scene with nude Ellen Page, even when she explicitly asked not to and the story has one of the most f*** up messages I've seen in a video game. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I liked the story and its main ideas, though the original order of chapters was honestly a pretty terrible structure as the development of Jodie's character is really important to the main themes in my opinion. For me, the clunky controls prevent this game from being truly great and I still think heavy rain had a stronger story with more tangible consequences for decisions that the characters had to make.

I enjoyed both HR and B2S, the stories both kept me interested throughout but when you are on playthrough 5+ the gameplay becomes beyond tedious. (Pun not intended) IIRC, Cage keeps saying the games are meant to played once so everyone has their own "unique" experience and to live with the consequences of your choices. However, we invariably get a trophy list requiring all endings be unlocked... Maybe simplify the list so people get the experience you were intending.

• Like 1