What do you think about the REAL end credit scene?

ain_sr

To be honest it was one of the most 'chill down my spine' secret that I have found in games even though it wasn't much well-hidden of a secret as you get a nudge towards it from the game. Last time I felt something like this on a similar scale was in Arkham City, when I casually bumped into the alternate ending and Arkham Knight Easter egg xD!

Those who haven't yet discovered it Head Home first then share your experience :P

I will put my experience in spoilers for your sake :)

Spoiler

Holy Son of Odin with Mjolnir! I did not pay much attention to go home after completing the story as I felt it was just an inconsequential dialogue. However the way the "credits" had rolled after the story did not set right with me as I felt though it was cool, yet it felt weird to not find a long credit(with thousands of name and many mentions of 'Shu'?). Although I've had a few issues with the game(possibly due to unrest in this pandemic), but this end credit really left me with something very special.The game doesn't tell you or force you to go there, it's all the player's decision. It greatly heightened my satisfaction immensely on finding it on my own, as such big secrets are a novelty in games nowadays. 

My Experience:

I used the gateway near the house in wild-woods for some collectibles. Just then Atreus speaks about being finally home, then I realized something(or someone) special might be waiting home. However everything inside seemed normal....I mean way normal( they didn't even have to dust or make their beds, that's some Godly power we can have!). And when the 'few years later' pops up, it's just fireworks in my brain! If that wasn't enough we get lightning and thunder, now I was all in for a proper 'nerdgasm'. Oh BOI the site of Thor with Mjolnir sent chills. It just pushed my hype level 'Beyond 9000"! I am all aboard the hype train for the sequel, Are You?

Here's my "reaction" video to the End credit:(Trying to have similar uploads, do share your feedback for the video as well. Will improve as I learn :))

Thanks!

Edited by ain_sr
Had left some things
  • Like 3

I didn't even know about it beforehand... with my platinum well in hand, and just went back to the house to close out the game where it started... I just like creating imaginary story beats like that (Ask me about my alternate ending to RDR sometime). I planned to quit out of the game in front of the door when I noticed an interaction point... thought it was a glitch or an oversight or something. So I interacted with it as a joke, and...

...let's just say a minute or so later I would need a new pair of pants. This kind of attention to detail crystallizes God of War's status as a timeless masterpiece; just the cherry on top of one of the best PlayStation games ever. You don't really need press kits and trailers and stuff like that when the best way to build excitement for the sequel is already in the game proper.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I stumbled upon that ending by accident and similar to you I was in search of some collectibles that were hidden in the area. At first I wasn't going to go into the house but when I heard Atreus say "we're finally home", I figured let me go inside and check to see if by chance I missed any items. I wasn't too "shocked" by the scene since all throughout the game you were been told about that particular individual and part of story involved the killing his sons, so I figured it was only a matter of time before he appeared. I quickly picked up the controller in anticipation of a boss fight but the screen quickly faded to black along with the credits.I think that would have made for an epic fight if the devs had put it in. 

Nevertheless, it was an awesome scene! I was hoping for a glimpse of the Allfather himself but I guess somethings are left to one's imagination and interpretation. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

It was a very cool way to close out the game, but I think it should have only been made available once you have everything completed. To then turn it into a sort of dream sequence in order to allow you to continue playing felt very weak. Not going to play the sequel though so no idea how important the teaser was.