Far Cry 2 Worth It?

StreetWolf29

Is Far Cry 2 worth playing? I always heard abouts bugs and glitches in both story and multiplayer mode and the trophies are troublesome but mostly in multiplayer. Despite all that some say this is the best in the series besides Far Cry 3. Should I try this or skip it?

Thanks people! I HATE multiplayers trophies to the extreme. I had to deal with 007 Blood Stone s****y MP. I'll skip that and hopefully Ubisoft remaster the game with less bugs AND without MP. For those who already going for the Iron Guts trophy good luck and do your best.

Edited by Rexyfollower0
  • Like 3

Aside from the broken ass multiplayer, I really enjoed the game. I spent 3 weeks doing all the guns and shit. Then I waited a few years to actually do the story. Game was not bad for a story and i really enjoyed the game overall. I knew about all the possible glitches (thats why I avoided it for so long) so I made sure to back up save files and make up back ups for my back ups if i had to... in the end i believe i had a trophy be a fucking pain in the ass to pop. I remember loading a save and having to reload the save before it or something. My advice... Unless you have 3 PS3s to self boost and have a group of i think it was 16 to 20 people for 1 trophy, then stay away from it. The Ultra Rare plat holds bc of the amount of agony one will go thru to obtain it lol.

• Like 2

I recently Platinumed it it was enjoyable nothing too hard and no glitches that I ran into or server troubles but then again I did self boost with a second PS3 for all but the double kills but overall aside from like 1 or 2 trophies (the 16 player one) this games actually rediculously easy if mind numbingly boring on multiplayer

• Like 2

If you only want that platinum don't.

It's totally different than the other Far Cry titles that's for sure. The scenery has a more dark feel to it, as oppossed to those colorful beachy island maps, you got in the other games. Fighting malaria and trying to survive with a broken gun you found somewhere makes the game very intense. Having comrades who help you up, when you're close to dying is also a nice touch.

Unpopular opinion: I actually like the game. I just went back to it, but doubt that I'll go for platinum because the multiplayer is ...rather questionable to say the least. 

If you are really interested in playing the game, I recommend going for the PC version. Far Cry 2 has a big modding community, from realistic graphic mods to bug fixes (Ubisoft refused to fix themselves).

• Like 1

Yes. Don't listen to the trophie whores, Far Cry 2 platinum is really hard to achieve, so if you try to go for it it will be really frustrating because of the multiplayer. But if you just want to enjoy the singleplayer go for it. Amazing graphics, great atmosphere and realistic story (you play as a mercenarie and not a stupid normie who hasn't used a single gun in his whole life and suddenly becomes an expert killer. Yes, FC3 is great but it is full of bullshit) So just enjoy the game, it is great.

19 hours ago, SKyZoX9 said:

I dont see a prestige in buying multiples PS3 lol.

Do you think thats the only way to get the platinum from FC2? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, replete_disguise said:

Yes. Don't listen to the trophie whores, Far Cry 2 platinum is really hard to achieve, so if you try to go for it it will be really frustrating because of the multiplayer. But if you just want to enjoy the singleplayer go for it. Amazing graphics, great atmosphere and realistic story (you play as a mercenarie and not a stupid normie who hasn't used a single gun in his whole life and suddenly becomes an expert killer. Yes, FC3 is great but it is full of bullshit) So just enjoy the game, it is great.

Do you think thats the only way to get the platinum from FC2? 

Thanks but no thanks. I only go for great games where I both enjoy and obtain trophies with little to no frustrations. Like I said, I'll skip 2 and play the other installments. If Ubisoft did remaster of this game without multiplayer mode I'll jump into it. Spread the word.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:42 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

I recently Platinumed it it was enjoyable nothing too hard and no glitches that I ran into or server troubles but then again I did self boost with a second PS3 for all but the double kills but overall aside from like 1 or 2 trophies (the 16 player one) this games actually rediculously easy if mind numbingly boring on multiplayer

On 4/5/2020 at 4:22 AM, SKyZoX9 said:

I dont see a prestige in buying multiples PS3 lol.

Well, I know a guy who has three (3) PS3s & 3 copies of the games & he still didn't started it, 'cos he's afraid of mp. True story!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

Well, I know a guy who has three (3) PS3s & 3 copies of the games & he still didn't started it, 'cos he's afraid of mp. True story!

Like I said the multiplayer is not bad at all when u have a boosting partner or 2  just use the first map I think it is and in most cases u can stand in 1 place and kill it's mind numbingly boring and you have to back out every 2-3 matches but it's not the least bit difficult just long

• Like 2

I platinumed this and did it all solo with 2 PS3's and borrowed my neighbours for the multi kill weapon challenges and of course with the exception of War Party, and it took me 4 hours every day for 3 months. If you stick with it and work with the glitches you can do it just be wary about your mental health while going for it because it will take a nose dive if you don't have constant distractions going on around you. It is a dull, broken heap of cow shit but it is also rewarding if you enjoy the franchise and want a rare platinum to add to your collection. If you don't care about collecting all of the Far Cry platinums then stay the hell away from it. It will drive you around the twist just collecting the blood diamonds alone never mind the multiplayer trophies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

One could probably spend all that self boost time on a work and get the money for a ps5 day one.

Edited by SKyZoX9
  • Like 1