Cloudbahamut

Final Boss on Inferno

75 posts in this topic

There’s some item u can buy to make the perfect dodge easier, even with that I still found the boss insanely hard due to that cheap one shot combo he does

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at your message has me worried as someone who hasnt started playing the game yet. Was relieved that this platinum was going to be easier than Re2(Still havent platted RE2 because i got so tired of playing the same game so many damn times). Hopefully u get through it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I finally did it. Watched a video by PS4trophies on YT and suddenly I was able to do it on 2nd try. This time I just ran like hell all the way to the left, dodging his overhead combo, blasted some blisters, then dodged his two sweeps and put in the first power core. Then I ran all the way to the right dodging is combo again but then getting almost stunlocked by another triple hit but was able to dodge one of the hits. Then full heal and blasting away at his blisters, dodging the sweeps again, then putting in the core on the far right side.

Then ran to the middle, dodged his sweep, blasted one set of blisters, then dodged another sweep and blasted the other set of blisters, then running to the last core putting it in and then ran LIKE HELL back to the rail gun, praying he won't hit me until I get there. Luckily he didn't and I was able to finally blast his brains out.

Man what a fight. Jesus.

Have the plat now and did it in 6 runs:

1. Assisted (to collect everything)
2. Hardcore (to unlock Nightmare)
3. Assisted (for the no healing run)
4. Nightmare (to unlock Inferno)
5. Assisted (for the no Item box run)
6. Inferno (to finish up)

Total playtime: 26 hours, 37 minutes


Btw something is wrong with the statistic overview on RE.net

According to my statistics there I saved 100 times on Hardcore (I actually didn't save once) and I killed 0 enemies on Inferno. ahem...what ?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see you got this so well done after all that aggro ;)

 

Just curious though, you mention that RL, recovery coins etc dont work really here as mentioned in PPs guide, more skill here right than just cheese.

 

But do you think the IRON DEFENCE coins would help more here?? Less damage done to you, maybe less 1 hit kills???

 

The game is quite easy to avoid dmg and throws items at you so I dont find Recovery coins that helpful, im just thinking if those Iron Defence coins shouls be purchased for end boss??

 

Thanks

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coins and aid sprays, stock on aid sprays. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I see you got this so well done after all that aggro ;)

 

Just curious though, you mention that RL, recovery coins etc dont work really here as mentioned in PPs guide, more skill here right than just cheese.

 

But do you think the IRON DEFENCE coins would help more here?? Less damage done to you, maybe less 1 hit kills???

 

The game is quite easy to avoid dmg and throws items at you so I dont find Recovery coins that helpful, im just thinking if those Iron Defence coins shouls be purchased for end boss??

 

Thanks

Iron Defence coins are important for the last nemesis battle, since his wombo combo can one shot you if you don't dodge it. With Rocket Launcher he actually shouldn't have many chances for his combo though, since you can destroy all his weakpoints with just 3 shots. I killed him on Nightmare wihouth the RL and boy, you have to dodge a lot without it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Iron Defence coins are important for the last nemesis battle, since his wombo combo can one shot you if you don't dodge it. With Rocket Launcher he actually shouldn't have many chances for his combo though, since you can destroy all his weakpoints with just 3 shots. I killed him on Nightmare wihouth the RL and boy, you have to dodge a lot without it.

 

Does Iron Defence coins help that much, like prevent 1 shots???

 

Im still playing assisted, routing out a easy first playthrough, 40,000+pts, doing all collectibles, no box, no healing, under 2 hours S rank and its actually quite easy believe it or not with the right planning with no grinding needed.

 

Problem is it doesnt get the veiwers RL so im just thinking ahead on how to make further difficulties easier. Sure I will advise the viewer they can grind for a bit if they want, but I wont be.

 

Ive got to run it a few more times before I record, then I will move to optimising Hardcore.

 

Currently I have the viewer with Infinite SMG and both attack coins ready for Hardcore with no grinding, are Iron Defence coins something I should invest in next do you think ready for boss battles???

 

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Please someone help me out here. I just can't beat this fucking boss. I just can't dodge all of his attacks, it is fucking impossible. I have the combat manual but it doesn't do shit in this fight. Coins don't help either. I can get in one power core, sometimes two but then this boss gets so insane and just spams attack after attack and I just can't dodge it all. I have been trying to beat this guy for 2 fucking hours. I just can't.

How can you call this an easy plat if this boss is so fucking hard ?

 

I did it last night. two hours just for him... i ended up with running, dodge, running, get hit, heal, running, dodge, get hit, heal and so one... it works. and i think all the people saying "oh its the easiest resi game oh" are just talking. because this fight is not a second easy on inferno. and this is good. in the end i had that satisfying feeling to have accomplished something...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I see you got this so well done after all that aggro ;)

 

Just curious though, you mention that RL, recovery coins etc dont work really here as mentioned in PPs guide, more skill here right than just cheese.

 

But do you think the IRON DEFENCE coins would help more here?? Less damage done to you, maybe less 1 hit kills???

 

The game is quite easy to avoid dmg and throws items at you so I dont find Recovery coins that helpful, im just thinking if those Iron Defence coins shouls be purchased for end boss??

 

Thanks


I actually had all the coins including the assault coins because contrary to what the PP guide says the RL does NOT kill every enemy in one hit without the Assault coins (on Hardcore and beyond) Hunters and Hunter Gammas can survive a hit on the higher difficulties. Nemesis takes more hits to down as well so the Assault coins do in fact help a great deal especially on Nightmare and Inferno (Nemesis goes down much quicker in the bossfights for example)

For the final boss on Inferno I had the RL, all the coins and about 4 full heal items. Yes with the RL you can destroy his weakspots in three shots (assuming they hit the target) but there is a delay between shots with the RL in this game and the boss still hits you with insane combos that you must dodge. Without perfect dodges you cannot beat this boss on Inferno, no matter how many coins and heal items you have. I had all the coins and his triple stunlock attack still killed me over and over and over. Sometimes he also mixes up attacks and makes combos of 8 (!) consecutive hits followed by sweeps and ground slams. It is very hard to predict his moves on Inferno and you must react very quickly.

I have seen the Inferno run of famous youtuber UhTrance and this guy is just insane. He did the Nemesis fight on Inferno with only a handgun without taking any damage, dodging absolutely everything. At one time he was pulling off like 8 (!) dodges in a row because if you aggro him enough Nemesis will hit you with a 8 hit stunlock combo. It was insane. UhTrances run was not very helpful for me though because mere mortals can not play like that lol

Edited by Cloudbahamut
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:


I actually had all the coins including the assault coins because contrary to what the PP guide says the RL does NOT kill every enemy in one hit without the Assault coins (on Hardcore and beyond) Hunters and Hunter Gammas can survive a hit on the higher difficulties. Nemesis takes more hits to down as well so the Assault coins do in fact help a great deal especially on Nightmare and Inferno (Nemesis goes down much quicker in the bossfights for example)

For the final boss on Inferno I had the RL, all the coins and about 4 full heal items. Yes with the RL you can destroy his weakspots in three shots (assuming they hit the target) but there is a delay between shots with the RL in this game and the boss still hits you with insane combos that you must dodge. Without perfect dodges you cannot beat this boss on Inferno, no matter how many coins and heal items you have. I had all the coins and his triple stunlock attack still killed me over and over and over. Sometimes he also mixes up attacks and makes combos of 8 (!) consecutive hits followed by sweeps and ground slams. It is very hard to predict his moves on Inferno and you must react very quickly.

I have seen the Inferno run of famous youtuber UhTrance and this guy is just insane. He did the Nemesis fight on Inferno with only a handgun without taking any damage, dodging absolutely everything. At one time he was pulling off like 8 (!) dodges in a row because if you aggro him enough Nemesis will hit you with a 8 hit stunlock combo. It was insane. UhTrances run was not very helpful for me though because mere mortals can not play like that lol

 

Damn, you make it sound hard lol.

 

Yea, I try to shy away from speedrunners as their tactics are not always helpful to all. They like to rely on tactics that take time and pratice to learn plus glitches, whereas I like tactics that require little time, little practice an uses no glitches, find those strats more accessible!

 

When I get there going to take me hours of experimenting to try and work out easiest way if indeed there is. Im hoping there is a cheese spot to stand which allows you to avoid some attacks, but I doubt it xD

Edited by Optinooby
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without 2*Iron Def Coin, you need a perfect dodge for every attack. Everything one-shot you.

Platinum this game 2 times one for my friend and one for myself, I can said that this boss is hard, unless you know how to dodge. You cannot just cheese the fight with RL.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're fast enough you can get the 2 power cores on the right before he fully gets up. Just have start pushing the first one right after you destroy the last bulb and then dodge dash to the other power core. This way you can can it in 2 knockdowns instead of 3. Pulled it off 3 times but never actually beat it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

 

Damn, you make it sound hard lol.

 

Yea, I try to shy away from speedrunners as their tactics are not always helpful to all. They like to rely on tactics that take time and pratice to learn plus glitches, whereas I like tactics that require little time, little practice an uses no glitches, find those strats more accessible!

 

When I get there going to take me hours of experimenting to try and work out easiest way if indeed there is. Im hoping there is a cheese spot to stand which allows you to avoid some attacks, but I doubt it xD


Yeah this boss is insane. Even with the RL. And no unfortunately there is no spot from where you can easily kill the boss, he can even hit you in the corners. Though when the fight starts if you stand in front of the Railgun he cannot get you. Unfortunately this no longer works once you hit him with the Railgun the 1st time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Btw something is wrong with the statistic overview on RE.net

According to my statistics there I saved 100 times on Hardcore (I actually didn't save once) and I killed 0 enemies on Inferno. ahem...what ?

 

Same here! O_O

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use both defense coins then you can survive 2 slam attacks provided you are at maximum life, so it is a good idea to go into the fight with a few full heals.  He usually only does 3 slam attacks in a row so if you fail to dodge the first slam then you will die due to the stun lock otherwise you can immediately heal if you dodge the first then get hit 2 times.  If the boss gets ridiculous and uses it more than 3 times then you are probably just going to die unless you've mastered the dodge timing because he has two different slam frequencies and you need to know both.  Without coins you die in one hit I believe so the fight is an incredible difficulty spike compared to the rest of the game if you don't use them.

Overall, it is not that hard with the shop items.. just have to spend some time learning the attack patterns and pay attention to the arm to time your dodge properly for his initial slam.  Don't get greedy on the fight either.  Always let him attack and then after avoiding it shoot 1 rocket max.  Also make sure you get to the side of the room where you need to push in a power source BEFORE dropping him.

Edited by Elegy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Please someone help me out here. I just can't beat this fucking boss. I just can't dodge all of his attacks, it is fucking impossible. I have the combat manual but it doesn't do shit in this fight. Coins don't help either. I can get in one power core, sometimes two but then this boss gets so insane and just spams attack after attack and I just can't dodge it all. I have been trying to beat this guy for 2 fucking hours. I just can't.

How can you call this an easy plat if this boss is so fucking hard ?

I love when someone calls something impossible that actually isn’t.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The end 2 bosses destroyed me on HC, if it wasnt for my stock of 20 healing items, I probably would have spent hours.

 

I thought it would be a good idea using the infinte assault rifle, but it wasnt lol

Edited by Optinooby
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

The end 2 bosses destroyed me on HC, if it wasnt for my stock of 20 healing items, I probably would have spent hours.

 

I thought it would be a good idea using the infinte assault rifle, but it wasnt lol


Yeah without the RL Stage 2 Nemesis is actually the hardest boss in this game I think. Even on Assisted, he took forever to take down on my first run (Though I didn't realize you can actually shoot the generators to damage him when he climbs onto them lol). With the RL and Assault coins I actually took him down in a few seconds on Inferno lol. Unfortunately Stage 3 Nemesis (who is actually easier then Stage 2 on Assisted, Standard and HC IMO) can't be taken down that easily on Nightmare and Inferno no matter what weapons, coins or heal items you have. There is no cheesing or cheating for that battle. Not on Inferno at least.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 10:05 AM, Cloudbahamut said:

Yeah I finally did it. Watched a video by PS4trophies on YT and suddenly I was able to do it on 2nd try. This time I just ran like hell all the way to the left, dodging his overhead combo, blasted some blisters, then dodged his two sweeps and put in the first power core. Then I ran all the way to the right dodging is combo again but then getting almost stunlocked by another triple hit but was able to dodge one of the hits. Then full heal and blasting away at his blisters, dodging the sweeps again, then putting in the core on the far right side.

Then ran to the middle, dodged his sweep, blasted one set of blisters, then dodged another sweep and blasted the other set of blisters, then running to the last core putting it in and then ran LIKE HELL back to the rail gun, praying he won't hit me until I get there. Luckily he didn't and I was able to finally blast his brains out.

Man what a fight. Jesus.

Have the plat now and did it in 6 runs:

1. Assisted (to collect everything)
2. Hardcore (to unlock Nightmare)
3. Assisted (for the no healing run)
4. Nightmare (to unlock Inferno)
5. Assisted (for the no Item box run)
6. Inferno (to finish up)

Total playtime: 26 hours, 37 minutes


Btw something is wrong with the statistic overview on RE.net

According to my statistics there I saved 100 times on Hardcore (I actually didn't save once) and I killed 0 enemies on Inferno. ahem...what ?

And this is how you RUIN the experience of RE3.

The first run MUST be on Hardcore and try to collect collectibles there. I am doing that. 7 hours and I am in the Hospital.

Really? Starting the game on Assisted? After do not say it is too short and easy. That difficulty is a JOKE. 

Assisted can be done for no healing, boxes and under 2 hours after the second or third run. Not in the first.

Just my opinion. But I think since the 65% did the game on Assisted (Super Mega Hyper Insulting Easy), 30% on Standard (Easy), and the rest did it on Hardcore (Normal), on the first run, helps to understand why the bad-mixed reviews due the length and difficulty. The game is quite-short, like all other RE Survival Horror focused and the RE3 from 1999, but if you do that, is even worst and RUINS the experience of the game.

My advice, START on Hardcore. Try to get everything there. If not, make a second run with a guide, on ASSISTED and there you can do no box, heal, and under 2 hours.

After that, try to beat Inferno without crazy items. That will be a pain in the ass. xD 

 

Edited by stiviwonderstif
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cloudbahamut said:


Elitist gatekeeping comments like this are a joke. Why do there always have to be some dicks telling people how they "must" play their games ? I can not even tell you how much I hate people who look down on others for not playing their games exactly as they they do. Everyone can play however the fuck they want. Playing games is about HAVING FUN not living up to some Internet asshole expectations. So why don't you just shut the fuck up and let everyone play their game exactly the way they want without pissing on them for it ?

Enough with this gatekeeper "My way is the only way" bullshit.

Hello,

First I was respectful with my message. I did not insult nobody and I wrote "normal". You can say the things Right, "playing games is about having fun" as you said. But tell me, how is possible to have fun when you do not have a challenge in front of you. How is possible to have fun when on the first run you are on ASSISTED, and checking a guide to find all collectibles? It is impossoble to have fun in that way. I am on my first run on Hardcore, 7 hours in the Hospital, and I am enjoying every minute. I do not think on Assisted and checking a guide you can really enjoy. If you think so, I think you must try my advice and text me later on. ;)

Is not elitist. I am 35. RE was never a casual game. Came up as casual after RE4. An STUNNING GAME. But not a good Resident Evil. Resident evil is Survival Horror. Not a run in the park. The only way of having fun of this game is going blind on Normal difficulty in the first time. And this is Harcore. Hardcore is not that hard being honest. 

Again, I think you can tell me the same things without having a lack of respect to me. I did not insult nobody. You can have a debate, you are welcome. But if you are so defensive and offended means something: You know somehow I am right.

But of course, you can do whatever you want. I am just giving you and advice to change the order: First, Hardcore, after Assisted. In order to have fun.

Cheers.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Difficulty is subjective. Someone starting a game on assisted can have just as much or more trouble compared to sometime starting on hardcore. I started on standard and I will admit it was way to easy. But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t have the same experience as someone who played it first on hardcore. 

 

Challenges aren’t for everybody. Some people want to sit down and de-stress not have to worry about getting one shotted and restarting the same 45 minute game play to the point where it becomes tedious. 

 

 

 

Exactly. Well said. I agree with what you say.

But, I am telling you that resources and enemies are completely different in higher difficulties. Nemesis is way more aggressive on hardcore and others. For example it happened that I did the first Nemesis boss fight on my first try but i missed objects and I was without healings, I keep the sprays for the end. So I reload, and man, I dunno what happened, maybe I was tired cuz was late xD But I was getting killed for almost 1 hours, and I did it with almost no damage and taking all items from that roof. I wanted to clean the "room". Nothing special after all, just some herbs and ammo. xD 

But I did not know if it was something special xD. I had fun. I found that bossfight harder than the second in the Clock Tower. Maxbe cuz I learned how to dodge properly after playing hours.

Try Max Payne 3, "Shadows Rushed Me". Beat the game in one sitting with no chance to die and countdown xD. If you die, start over. If your PS3 gets frozen, start over. It took me 5 runs. I did it, and that was fun and satisfying. 

Cheers :)

Edited by stiviwonderstif
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.