Final Boss on Inferno

Cloudbahamut

3 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Actually I always have dodge on circle and run on R1. I HATE running with L3. I just fucking hate it. So even in R2 I always used control scheme C for R1 for run and circle for dodge. So that's how I always play anyway

Yeah, I wish they had RE4 type controls. Where you can hold X to run and then circle to dodge or even just press x to dodge. That way the can have the grenade/ knife tied to R1 and R2.

Did another S rank run of Nightmare and Inferno back to back today to help out a friend with the plat. Surprisingly the Inferno run was a lot easier for me this time around, I even got past the two zombies at the beginning at first try. Final Boss took a couple of tries but it was always close and I already beat him at 5th try or something.

I can dodge almost all attacks of the boss now. The ground slam and sweeping attacks are no problem at all anymore and the only thing that still gets me is the triple combo attack. But I can dodge the first hit of the combo fairly often now and the boss is far less difficult for me now then it was during my first run on Inferno.

Btw you can not only perfect dodge by pressing the dodge button but also by simply aiming at the right moment. When I wanted to blast a set of blisters before he could hit me again I was aiming at him right before he was about to hit me and this triggered a perfect dodge even though I had not actually pressed Circle.

On 9.4.2020 at 10:54 AM, Cloudbahamut said:

Yeah you can't just tank Nemmys attacks on Inferno. Without perfect dodge you're fucked in this battle. His combos are too fast and often you literally won't be even able to access your inventory before he smashes you to bits.

If you use Shop Items (Iron Defense), you can take two hits from him. the third hit kills you. i used this for my inferno playtroughs. just make sure you never get hit more than twice (must have full health):

I beat his final form fairly easily. I understand that not everyone may share this opinion, however. Assuming you are using the infinite rocket launcher, other items you'll want to keep on hand are all of the coins (six in total) and the STARS Field Combat Manual especially. The manual allowed me to perfectly dodge almost every attack, I was hit only once and that was a self-made error. It works if you time it well enough.

• Like 2

I have absolutely no idea how, I genuinely don’t, but I managed to beat him in Nightmare and Inferno first time around. Dumb luck. I was actually dreading the fight after reading a lot of people’s comments so I went in with everything; rocket launcher, all the coins, Chris’ manual and about 9 health items (I picked up everything I could find and stored them for the fight, used health sparingly before the finale).

I found with the rocket launcher, after I did a perfect dodge and it gave me the window of opportunity to aim, I aimed between two sets of blisters ie the middle set, and a bottom set. By aiming between, the blast radius of the rocket launcher took out two full sets of blisters at once bringing him down in two good shots, rather than 3. It also meant that immediately after I hit R2, I stopped aiming so I could dodge any incoming attack while the rocket was still on route to Nemmy. 

Only time I got hid on both modes was on my way back to the railgun after charging it. Both times I got out of it by the skin of my teeth. Spamming buttons really does get you out of being stunned quicker, just make sure you heal even if you’ve only been it once. He hit me, I immediately healed, then he hit me twice more and put me back into danger. If I hadn’t quickly healed that would’ve been the end of me (and probably my tv considering how close I was to the end of the fight and it was the only thing standing between me and my plat).

TLDR: My advice to anyone still struggling;

1. All coins, rocket launcher, a lot of health, manual.

2. Aim after a perfect dodge

3. Aim between blister sets to put him down in a couple of hits.

4. Heal after every hit he gives you. For the love of God and sanity, heal.

5. Spam buttons to get out of stun

Edited by RedDeadWitcher93
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 8:00 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

I personally didn't find it too bad. I got 'stuck' on it on Nightmare, by which I mean it took me 8-10 tries. On Inferno, I beat it on my 2nd attempt. Some tips

- Health Items are critical. There is 1 in the final save room, and 1 in the arena (to the left of the rail gun if you are looking at it - to your right if you're looking at Nemesis). The moment your health is anything less than max, use a health kit. I struggled so much because I cruised through the game on nightmare with the infinite rocket launcher, and didn't bother bringing any health items with me. I would recommend taking 3 in with you and, if neccesary, picking up the above one as a 4th.

- The multi-pounding attack and sweeping attack is easy to dodge once you know how. He'll move up whilst he pounds, as long as you're at the back, none of these will hit you. He'll then briefly pause and come down with a crushing hit - dodge this one. The sweeping attack is again easy to detect and doge.

- The lateral attack (where he's beating you like an exersize rope) is OP and utterly ridiculous. You only have a small chance at survival if you're hit if A - his attack deflects you out of the way of the 2nd + 3rd hit (this does happen, occasionally) and/or B - if you have FULL health (you'll finish with danger). Without this, it would be a very easy fight. This is dodgable, but you have to dodge the MOMENT he starts coming down. The twice I beat this I'll admit I feel I lucked out off this move.

- The STARS manual does help. It doesn't neccesarily correct a missed dodge to a successful one, but it multiplies the chance of a successful one being a perfect one. Specifically, you're more likely to get a perfect-dodge slo mo, within which time you can sometimes get off 2 shots.

- Only get off 1 shot at a time, unless you are shooting after a perfect dodge. Even if you aren't amazing at the dodge mechanic, it's really important you don't try and over-shoot your rockets. If you do, and he's already coming down with an attack, you're stuffed. The exception to this is if you get a perfect dodge slo-mo, where you can sometimes get off 2 shots

- Facing Nemesis, push in the battery to the back right first. This is very important. I thought I finally beat this boss, and on my way to the rail gun to finish him off he killed me with a lateral attack - I left the back right one for last, the one closest to him. I found that running straight back didn't work, as he had already regenerated fully and was attacking again by then. In contrast, if you leave the left one or the other, closer right one for last you should be able to push it in as your 3rd and rush for the rail gun before he can regenerate.

Thank you for the tips! I just finished my Hardcore run in about 1:26, but I honestly spent all afternoon trying to defeat his final form. I ran through the game so fast with the RL and all the coins that I didn't even bother to pick up any herbs! All I had was the spray from the last save room, and there's two sprays on the left and right corners of the boss room. I think I finally got the dodge timing of his hand smash. I had the STARS manual, too, but sheesh!! It seems like you have to hit it literally a split second after his hand hits the ground and you have to be moving left or right. At least that's what I remember! But your tip to go for the furthest right one first.. I'll definitely try that on my Inferno run tomorrow! I've gotten every trophy and record except Inferno S. I was getting sooo frustrated today!! I have Muscular Dystrophy, so I'm playing with the controller in my lap and two palms on the analog sticks. I have L1 switched with L2, R1 switched with R2, and L3 switched with R3. It works for me, but pin point aiming is definitely a challenge. Anyway, thanks for the advice!

On 06/04/2020 at 0:05 PM, stiviwonderstif said:

And this is how you RUIN the experience of RE3.

The first run MUST be on Hardcore and try to collect collectibles there. I am doing that. 7 hours and I am in the Hospital.

Really? Starting the game on Assisted? After do not say it is too short and easy. That difficulty is a JOKE. 

Assisted can be done for no healing, boxes and under 2 hours after the second or third run. Not in the first.

Just my opinion. But I think since the 65% did the game on Assisted (Super Mega Hyper Insulting Easy), 30% on Standard (Easy), and the rest did it on Hardcore (Normal), on the first run, helps to understand why the bad-mixed reviews due the length and difficulty. The game is quite-short, like all other RE Survival Horror focused and the RE3 from 1999, but if you do that, is even worst and RUINS the experience of the game.

My advice, START on Hardcore. Try to get everything there. If not, make a second run with a guide, on ASSISTED and there you can do no box, heal, and under 2 hours.

After that, try to beat Inferno without crazy items. That will be a pain in the ass. xD 

My schedule has been like this.

1-  Standard, focusing only on engoying the game (7hrs 52 mins). I thought the game length was fine and a great experience

2- Assisted, collectibles + no item box, 4hrs maybe

3 - hardcore, 1 healing item, 1hr 30

4 - nightmare (currently on this)

5 - inferno

6 playthroughs is surely overkill. I'm not looking forward to that final boss on Inferno.

Edited by JPageMartin36
  • Like 1

Reached the final fight on Inferno. Had about 35 attempts across 2hrs and still can't do it. Talk about complete random RNG bullshit. How ppl are doing this is beyond me. I don't think I'll be getting this plat.

I've only managed to get the 2nd power source in ONCE. Most times I die before the first power source, or just after the first.

The combo punch thing is ridiculous. I literally can't see when it's coming down. One time I somehow fluked a rhythm of three perfect dodges, then Jill hit the wall, the 4th punch hit me and then 5 and 6 you don't get a chance to dodge.

I can't even avoid the sweep thing with any consistancy. Just utter rage right now.

1 hour ago, JPageMartin36 said:

Reached the final fight on Inferno. Had about 35 attempts across 2hrs and still can't do it. Talk about complete random RNG bullshit. How ppl are doing this is beyond me. I don't think I'll be getting this plat.

I've only managed to get the 2nd power source in ONCE. Most times I die before the first power source, or just after the first.

The combo punch thing is ridiculous. I literally can't see when it's coming down. One time I somehow fluked a rhythm of three perfect dodges, then Jill hit the wall, the 4th punch hit me and then 5 and 6 you don't get a chance to dodge.

I can't even avoid the sweep thing with any consistancy. Just utter rage right now.

The combo punches are the worst, but I found spamming buttons for me out of stun faster. Are you using any shop items or are you going for a legit run?

On 19/04/2020 at 4:55 AM, shaves1303 said:

I have Muscular Dystrophy, so I'm playing with the controller in my lap and two palms on the analog sticks. I have L1 switched with L2, R1 switched with R2, and L3 switched with R3. It works for me, but pin point aiming is definitely a challenge. Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Did you manage? If not, with the rocket launcher, you can aim between two sets of blisters and the blast radius should take out both sets at once. Then you just have to hit the third set and he’ll go down in two good shots rather than 3, 4, or more. That’s how I did it. Then you wouldn’t have to pin point exactly on the blisters, just aim generally in the direction between them :)

2 minutes ago, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

The combo punches are the worst, but I found spamming buttons for me out of stun faster. Are you using any shop items or are you going for a legit run?

I just did it!

On my 56th attempt after 2hrs 45mins (roughly)

I started youtubing it from about the 51st attempt onwards and I'll put the vid up tomorrow. You'll see how random this is because probably from attempts 51-55 I managed only one power source total. Then suddenly the fates aligned in one bizarre run. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

I just did it!

On my 56th attempt after 2hrs 45mins (roughly)

I started youtubing it from about the 51st attempt onwards and I'll put the vid up tomorrow. You'll see how random this is because probably from attempts 51-55 I managed only one power source total. Then suddenly the fates aligned in one bizarre run. 

Well done! 

The fates aligned for me too. I have no idea how, honestly I really don’t, but I managed on my first attempt. I got extremely lucky that the fates aligned in one bizarre run for me first time. Maybe someone somewhere knew my controller would go though the TV and my console through the window if I got stuck on it for hours.

Honestly wouldn’t have your patience mate. You must be a saint to go at it for nearly 3 hours. My hat off to you for the persistence. I would’ve snapped my disc after 1 hour 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

My schedule has been like this.

1-  Standard, focusing only on engoying the game (7hrs 52 mins). I thought the game length was fine and a great experience

2- Assisted, collectibles + no item box, 4hrs maybe

3 - hardcore, 1 healing item, 1hr 30

4 - nightmare (currently on this)

5 - inferno

6 playthroughs is surely overkill. I'm not looking forward to that final boss on Inferno.

Nice :)

I would start on Hardcore. Hardcore in RE3 is less hard than Hardcore on RE2. But nice way to enjoy the game. Good luck with Nemesis on Inferno.

• 2 weeks later...

^ yup...

after doing so well getting to Stage 3 Nemesis, it wasn't until i saw that video that found i was doing something wrong...

i attacked just after pushing in the pod, but before Nemesis attacks. so, usually his 7-hit slam combo gets me as law of averages means i don't perfect dodge every hit...

after that video, i attack when he does sweeps, and make sure i was in perfect health if i flub the perfect dodge...

i just didn't do the fake-out as the video instructed...

Edited by Malice Flare
additions...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, RedDeadWitcher93 said:

Did you manage? If not, with the rocket launcher, you can aim between two sets of blisters and the blast radius should take out both sets at once. Then you just have to hit the third set and he’ll go down in two good shots rather than 3, 4, or more. That’s how I did it. Then you wouldn’t have to pin point exactly on the blisters, just aim generally in the direction between them :)

Sorry, yes I did! I gave it a rest for the night, tried it again the next day, and did it in like three attempts!

• 4 months later...

Is this the thread for therapy after fighting Nemesis's final form on Inferno? Lol.

So, I'm part of the two-hours-to-git-gud club. That's about how much time it took a number of us here, apparently. I never used the IRL, so I don't know how much easier the fight is with it. My go-to was RAI-DEN. It's like infinite Magnum and can one-shot each of the spores/pustules (targets).

What makes this boss difficult is various. For one, it has at least two moves that if you don't dodge the first or initial sequence, you go down and stay down. You have no chance to recover. Another thing is, Nemesis was purposefully designed to have many moves to throw your timing off. He must've had at least 10 moves. It felt like I was a batter waiting on a fastball, but then he'd throw a changeup. Or, he'd throw a slider. It was difficult to react properly to each pitch thrown, and you had to be able to hit everything, so to speak.

Quick tip: Even if you have several healing items, all coins, and the manual, as you should, there are two healing sprays you can get at the start of the fight. One nearby to the left of the rail gun, and one to the far right corner. Sometimes, Nemesis can hit you before you reach one of them (usually the left one), but more often than not he doesn't. Then you're safe in that rail gun area for the first use of the rail gun. So, if you don't feel like you have enough healing items, get those two - they can make a difference in extending your chances to prevail.

Nemesis has two easy moves. Many times he starts with five ground pounds that move successively closer toward the back of the room, so you wait until he lifts his limbs up for a sixth and final pound - easy to perfect dodge. Don't mess it up. Hit two targets. Another easy move is when he lifts two limbs way up to pound you. You just have to make sure not to dodge too soon and to wait a little longer before you dodge. Again, hit two targets. Each of these two moves don't usually have follow-ups. That's why you should go for two targets.

The left or right swipes are moderately challenging due to the timing, but doable. The left swipe covers more of the screen, so you have to get your timing down to dodge it and to be more ready to dodge it even at the middle of the screen, or more. The swipe from the right doesn't reach as far across the screen, so you're pretty safe if you make it across the middle. Nemesis also has a left swipe, right swipe, left swipe combo that finishes with a quick overhead strike you have to be ready for after the second left swipe. Worse is if he launches into his multiple quick hits move right after that.

The worst move he has is the rapid succession of strikes. If you get hit by the first strike, you're done because he follows up with two more quick hits and you can't dodge them. He quickly strikes, you perfect dodge, then he quickly follows-up. Rinse. Repeat. Usually, it's six of those quick strikes. Then to screw with you, the seventh strike is him holding it for a moment before striking - that's the one to perfect dodge and then shoot. Be careful with the momentarily-held strike, as you're tempted to dodge too early, which would lead to getting hit. But to also screw with you, sometimes Nemesis does seven quick strikes in a row, instead of six, before an eighth momentarily-paused strike. So, you may have difficulty knowing if you should be ready for the momentarily-held final strike in which case you don't want to dodge too early, or you may have to be ready to dodge that extra quick strike then be ready to pause for the momentarily-held strike. Either way, this issue can really trip you up and cause you to get hit or dead. I'm telling you, these devs made this fight as tough as they could with all these variations to screw with your timing. Some people complain that Nemesis wasn't well-designed, but I disagree. It's a very hard fight on purpose.

Nemesis also has a quick hit, a follow-up to throw your timing off because he holds it for a moment, then another follow-up. That last (third) strike often quickly follows the momentarily-held one, but sometimes the game screws with you and makes the third strike delayed. Sometimes to screw with you, the third strike doesn't even happen. If you want to up your chances to get off more shots, by the way, you can perfect dodge the first strike and take out one target while the second strike is momentarily held. You just have to master the timing so as not to mess up perfect dodging the paused second strike after you hit the target.

Another "unfair" move he has is when he roars. You're immediately stunlocked. His quick strike after the stunlock can be dodged, but the timing is tricky. What's "fair" is if you get hit by the quick strike after being stunlocked, his second strike is a momentarily-held strike. So, if you're jamming on the dodge button after getting nailed, you usually can evade the momentarily-held strike. What's challenging, though, is what the third strike will be - a quick follow-up or a somewhat delayed one - to screw with you, of course. If it's momentarily delayed, the temptation is to dodge too soon because you were looking to evade a quick strike. At any rate, it's rare that there isn't a third strike.

In all my fights with Nemesis, he had a rare move, at least for me. He can use his tentacles to do a forward/push sweep that reaches the back of the room. I imagine he uses it if you get too close to him. But I usually stayed in the back and almost never faced this move.

Other thoughts: The far right corner battery to push in is the biggest pain because it takes so much time to run there and push in the battery. If you can get it done first, you'll probably feel better (presuming you survive to defeat Nemesis). If you save that one for last, you've got to be ready to do a dodge or two, or he'll nail you before you can reach the rail gun. So, don't run blindly and keep a lookout as you run. As to pushing in the right two batteries, I was never able to do so even when I was perfectly positioned to immediately do one then sprint to the other. Nemesis always grabbed me and OHK'd me just when I finished pushing in the second battery. YMMV. But I imagine it's easier on a computer than a console because of frames per second.

I think I've covered just about all the moves Nemesis can throw at you. As you can see, he's got many, and several variations of some of them, which makes this fight so easy to die on that a number of us take 2+ hours to beat him on Inferno. All I can say is, good luck! Capcom made you earn that Inferno/Inferno S-run trophy to get the Platinum.

Bonus tip: If you thought it took you forever to beat Nemesis's final form on Inferno, and you can rest, think again. You can die against Nikolai in the final standoff if you don't shoot him in the right spot, and timely. Your hopes can be crushed if you beat Nemesis only to die to Nikolai, then have to start all over on Nemesis yet again, with Nikolai waiting in the wings to possibly screw it all up. You've been warned.

Edited by fullthrottlenine

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2020 at 0:08 PM, fullthrottlenine said:

Is this the thread for therapy after fighting Nemesis's final form on Inferno? Lol.

So, I'm part of the two-hours-to-git-gud club. That's about how much time it took a number of us here, apparently. I never used the IRL, so I don't know how much easier the fight is with it. My go-to was RAI-DEN. It's like infinite Magnum and can one-shot each of the spores/pustules (targets).

What makes this boss difficult is various. For one, it has at least two moves that if you don't dodge the first or initial sequence, you go down and stay down. You have no chance to recover. Another thing is, Nemesis was purposefully designed to have many moves to throw your timing off. He must've had at least 10 moves. It felt like I was a batter waiting on a fastball, but then he'd throw a changeup. Or, he'd throw a slider. It was difficult to react properly to each pitch thrown, and you had to be able to hit everything, so to speak.

Quick tip: Even if you have several healing items, all coins, and the manual, as you should, there are two healing sprays you can get at the start of the fight. One nearby to the left of the rail gun, and one to the far right corner. Sometimes, Nemesis can hit you before you reach one of them (usually the left one), but more often than not he doesn't. Then you're safe in that rail gun area for the first use of the rail gun. So, if you don't feel like you have enough healing items, get those two - they can make a difference in extending your chances to prevail.

Nemesis has two easy moves. Many times he starts with five ground pounds that move successively closer toward the back of the room, so you wait until he lifts his limbs up for a sixth and final pound - easy to perfect dodge. Don't mess it up. Hit two targets. Another easy move is when he lifts two limbs way up to pound you. You just have to make sure not to dodge too soon and to wait a little longer before you dodge. Again, hit two targets. Each of these two moves don't usually have follow-ups. That's why you should go for two targets.

The left or right swipes are moderately challenging due to the timing, but doable. The left swipe covers more of the screen, so you have to get your timing down to dodge it and to be more ready to dodge it even at the middle of the screen, or more. The swipe from the right doesn't reach as far across the screen, so you're pretty safe if you make it across the middle. Nemesis also has a left swipe, right swipe, left swipe combo that finishes with a quick overhead strike you have to be ready for after the second left swipe. Worse is if he launches into his multiple quick hits move right after that.

The worst move he has is the rapid succession of strikes. If you get hit by the first strike, you're done because he follows up with two more quick hits and you can't dodge them. He quickly strikes, you perfect dodge, then he quickly follows-up. Rinse. Repeat. Usually, it's six of those quick strikes. Then to screw with you, the seventh strike is him holding it for a moment before striking - that's the one to perfect dodge and then shoot. Be careful with the momentarily-held strike, as you're tempted to dodge too early, which would lead to getting hit. But to also screw with you, sometimes Nemesis does seven quick strikes in a row, instead of six, before an eighth momentarily-paused strike. So, you may have difficulty knowing if you should be ready for the momentarily-held final strike in which case you don't want to dodge too early, or you may have to be ready to dodge that extra quick strike then be ready to pause for the momentarily-held strike. Either way, this issue can really trip you up and cause you to get hit or dead. I'm telling you, these devs made this fight as tough as they could with all these variations to screw with your timing. Some people complain that Nemesis wasn't well-designed, but I disagree. It's a very hard fight on purpose.

Nemesis also has a quick hit, a follow-up to throw your timing off because he holds it for a moment, then another follow-up. That last (third) strike often quickly follows the momentarily-held one, but sometimes the game screws with you and makes the third strike delayed. Sometimes to screw with you, the third strike doesn't even happen. If you want to up your chances to get off more shots, by the way, you can perfect dodge the first strike and take out one target while the second strike is momentarily held. You just have to master the timing so as not to mess up perfect dodging the paused second strike after you hit the target.

Another "unfair" move he has is when he roars. You're immediately stunlocked. His quick strike after the stunlock can be dodged, but the timing is tricky. What's "fair" is if you get hit by the quick strike after being stunlocked, his second strike is a momentarily-held strike. So, if you're jamming on the dodge button after getting nailed, you usually can evade the momentarily-held strike. What's challenging, though, is what the third strike will be - a quick follow-up or a somewhat delayed one - to screw with you, of course. If it's momentarily delayed, the temptation is to dodge too soon because you were looking to evade a quick strike. At any rate, it's rare that there isn't a third strike.

In all my fights with Nemesis, he had a rare move, at least for me. He can use his tentacles to do a forward/push sweep that reaches the back of the room. I imagine he uses it if you get too close to him. But I usually stayed in the back and almost never faced this move.

Other thoughts: The far right corner battery to push in is the biggest pain because it takes so much time to run there and push in the battery. If you can get it done first, you'll probably feel better (presuming you survive to defeat Nemesis). If you save that one for last, you've got to be ready to do a dodge or two, or he'll nail you before you can reach the rail gun. So, don't run blindly and keep a lookout as you run. As to pushing in the right two batteries, I was never able to do so even when I was perfectly positioned to immediately do one then sprint to the other. Nemesis always grabbed me and OHK'd me just when I finished pushing in the second battery. YMMV. But I imagine it's easier on a computer than a console because of frames per second.

I think I've covered just about all the moves Nemesis can throw at you. As you can see, he's got many, and several variations of some of them, which makes this fight so easy to die on that a number of us take 2+ hours to beat him on Inferno. All I can say is, good luck! Capcom made you earn that Inferno/Inferno S-run trophy to get the Platinum.

Bonus tip: If you thought it took you forever to beat Nemesis's final form on Inferno, and you can rest, think again. You can die against Nikolai in the final standoff if you don't shoot him in the right spot, and timely. Your hopes can be crushed if you beat Nemesis only to die to Nikolai, then have to start all over on Nemesis yet again, with Nikolai waiting in the wings to possibly screw it all up. You've been warned.

on my inferno run,i died 3 times total. Once during a nemesis running section, never saved up to that point. Tried to make 1st save after sewers lol.. 2nd save before final nemesis.

anyway i did die again against Nikolai. But on the rematch with Nemesis i played much more "no risk no reward" and aggressive. Magnum ftw.

For what it was,  and what was cut content... still a great game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 7:44 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

This helped me 

Whew, this is the strat! Went into it with this strategy in mind (after reading how hellish this boss is on inferno) and didn't end up spending that much time on him due to this! Its definitely not fool-proof, you'll have to die a few times to really get used to the attack patterns and when is best to unload on his goo-ballz, but grabbing the cylinders at the right times really does help to give you a free shot (sometimes two!)

All in all only ended up dying to him 7 times, so hardly spent more than 15 minutes on this!

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 6:12 AM, kingjavs said:

Whew, this is the strat! Went into it with this strategy in mind (after reading how hellish this boss is on inferno) and didn't end up spending that much time on him due to this! Its definitely not fool-proof, you'll have to die a few times to really get used to the attack patterns and when is best to unload on his goo-ballz, but grabbing the cylinders at the right times really does help to give you a free shot (sometimes two!)

All in all only ended up dying to him 7 times, so hardly spent more than 15 minutes on this!

I dunno, its a good tip but you still need to know how to dodge and it can put you in a bad position

(ive platinumed in 1 playthrough so experimented alot) 

I use a similar technique to avoid his right hand potential 8 slap combo, its the only way i can consistently dodge it

I always stay just left of the gun, dodge/shoot etc from there and leave far left battery for last

When you see the 8 hand slap coming,  start dodging twds the last battery on left and once you reach the prompt to push, push just for a moment, then dodge back and shoot. He will try to grab you thus cancelling his 8 hand combo!!! 

The 8 hand combo gets every1 as he can randomly pause, but this CANCELS the combo

I guess its like a evolved version of the strat in that vid as we are still getting the extra shot, but also cancelling his worst attack!! 

Im not sure if any1 can consistently dodge that 8 hit combo, i think most the top speedrunners dont give him chance to do it

Edited by Optinooby

• 1 month later...

Got the platinum a couple weeks ago.

It took me about 2-3 hours of frustration but I finally beat the boss on Inferno. On the run where I managed it, the boss did the crazy 6-8 hit combo not once, not twice but three times!

I'm not some dodging god (usually when he'd do that combo just once I'd lose the run), but something just clicked in that final run and I managed to squeeze through. Saved a video too for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yBiYKx5c8

GL to anyone attempting this :) To me it was by far the hardest part of the platinum, really the only point where I struggled.

• 3 weeks later...

Going from 3 to four coins each is basically cheesing the boss on inferno. I did my nightmare run with 3 recovery coins and 3 defense coins and he would kill me pretty easily. Took me about 5-7 times to beat him. I went into my inferno run with 4 recovery coins and 4 defense coins and I took 3 hits in a row from his combo hit and never went from “Fine” to “Caution”.  Beat him on the first try with the amount of coins I had in inventory.

• 4 weeks later...