re_panos

Question regarding the difficulty trophies - Uncharted 3

8 posts in this topic

I started playing U3 a while ago, and started on Crushing. I am combining the Crushing playthrough with finding all of the treasures, but I forgot to get one during Chapter 5. So I went back on Easy and ran through the chapter getting the treasure. However, I saw afterwards that the difficulty trophies in U3 say that you can't change the difficulty, which was not the case in the other 2 games. Will the difficulty trophies unlock? Or even if they don't, will Brutal be unlocked afterwards, since I am going for 100%?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you complet chapter on brutal before changing difficulty and replaying chapter 5? If that's so, you just need to go to menu, set difficulty to brutal and select last chapter you played. Should do the trick, but I am not completely sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 4:43 PM, PostalDudeRus said:

Did you complet chapter on brutal before changing difficulty and replaying chapter 5? If that's so, you just need to go to menu, set difficulty to brutal and select last chapter you played. Should do the trick, but I am not completely sure.

Hey, sorry for replying late. Brutal isn't unlocked yet. I'll probably just replay the whole thing just in case, the first 6 chapters are short anyway¬†ūüėā

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same issue when I first started my crushing run. I made it to chapter 14 before realizing Chapter 1 was completed in Normal - so I replayed that chapter in crushing and then continued where I left off. After completing the game, the crushing trophy still popped. 

 

I'm not certain but, I assume that as long as all the chapters in the select menu state "completed in crushing" you should be fine, regardless of the order you complete them in. However, DO NOT replay a chapter in a difficulty that is lower than what you intially completed it in, as this will force you to complete the entire game again from that chapter in that difficulty. I'd recommend saving to a new slot when you select a chapter to replay from the menu just to be safe.

 

Goodluck!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can always go back on another difficulty, the chapters just have to be checked as 'completed on X difficulty'

 

So just pick the last chapter you played on that difficulty and continue from there. Difficulty trophies will pop.

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Roundtoad said:

I had the same issue when I first started my crushing run. I made it to chapter 14 before realizing Chapter 1 was completed in Normal - so I replayed that chapter in crushing and then continued where I left off. After completing the game, the crushing trophy still popped. 

 

I'm not certain but, I assume that as long as all the chapters in the select menu state "completed in crushing" you should be fine, regardless of the order you complete them in. However, DO NOT replay a chapter in a difficulty that is lower than what you intially completed it in, as this will force you to complete the entire game again from that chapter in that difficulty. I'd recommend saving to a new slot when you select a chapter to replay from the menu just to be safe.

 

Goodluck!

 

4 minutes ago, colia100 said:

You can always go back on another difficulty, the chapters just have to be checked as 'completed on X difficulty'

 

So just pick the last chapter you played on that difficulty and continue from there. Difficulty trophies will pop.

 

 

I am asking because on Uncharted 2, I did the last chapter on Brutal first, and then I played from Chapter 1 to 25, and I had to do the final battle again. What I did was: Play on Crushing from chapters 1-5, replay 5 on Easy, then chapter 6 on crushing. Everything was saved on the same slot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. What colia100 said. Just make sure that in the chapter select screen all your chapters say "completed on crushing". Also, im pretty sure the difficulty related trophies will only pop once the credits roll, so make sure the last chapter is the final one you complete (for your brutal run), otherwise you may have to replay that again to trigger the trophy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Roundtoad said:

Yup. What colia100 said. Just make sure that in the chapter select screen all your chapters say "completed on crushing". Also, im pretty sure the difficulty related trophies will only pop once the credits roll, so make sure the last chapter is the final one you complete (for your brutal run), otherwise you may have to replay that again to trigger the trophy.

Ah, I see, this is why it might not have popped on Uncharted 2. Thank you very much for the replies guys!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.