Rolling Charlie head

BEANO_BRFC

33 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Does the Charlie head roll faster on hardcore and higher? Doing my hardcore run now and I've been killed by it 6 times in a row, I can't run any faster and it always gets me right at the bottom of the steps. 

it feels like it does roll faster. on my inferno run this stupid thing killed me twice. i found out that using quickturn is not a good idea because it takes time. and you need that time for running. just run as soon as the cutscene ends and use your right stick to turn your camera. that works for me.

If you slightly tap and release L2 while going up or down stairs it sort of negates the animation for the stairs and increases your speed (works the same in RE2 remake). In that section you can do it twice for each set of stairs to speed your character up.

• Like 1

I've died every time by that stupid rolling head. Standard. Hardcore. Nightmare. Inferno. That rolling head has killed me more times than Nemesis in all my playthroughs combined so you aren't the only one.  Inferno difficulty is infuriating because there is no auto-save function so it reloads the last time you saved your game which involves a few minutes of backtracking. 

• Like 3

I never actually died to it either, to be honest.  I always just tap circle + back on the left stick to quick turn then immediately press forward and click down L3 to sprint and just cut over to the right staircase once I get down the stairs.  Never had a problem avoiding death doing it this way.  Definitely make a save at the gun shop if you're worried about it on Inferno though.

Edited by Elegy

1 minute ago, hizi90 said:

You can die from the head? ^^ I never had any problem. Just turned around and ran to the bottom. It does get faster with each difficulty level tho. 

Yes, if it touches you, you get squished and killed instantly. 

Also, in case any asks, yes, I unequipped my infinite rocket launcher (on the higher difficulties runs) hoping it would make me run faster, but it doesn't work and the rolling head always gets me. 

20 hours ago, MidnightMoth said:

If you slightly tap and release L2 while going up or down stairs it sort of negates the animation for the stairs and increases your speed (works the same in RE2 remake). In that section you can do it twice for each set of stairs to speed your character up.

^^^ This is the way guys. I died to that damn head over and over again until I tried this. Got it first try.

• Like 1

The only time I ever died by the head was when I waited at the bottom of the stairs and wanted to just squeeze by the head to save time lol

This entire sequence is basically the same as the rolling boulder in RE 1 Remake and it is very easy to do. As soon as the cutscene ends you just turn around right away run down (use toggle not hold on your sprint button) and once you reach the bottom of the stairs just run right around the corner towards the metal stairs.

I am doing that so quickly that I actually have to wait several seconds until the head rolls by. In all my six runs I only ever died once there and only because I deliberately tried to run past the head while it was coming towards me (I thought you could just run past it like you do with the tugboats in RE Revelations)

On 4/6/2020 at 0:57 AM, trojbrown40 said:

Yes, if it touches you, you get squished and killed instantly. 

Also, in case any asks, yes, I unequipped my infinite rocket launcher (on the higher difficulties runs) hoping it would make me run faster, but it doesn't work and the rolling head always gets me. 

After cut scene, do a quick 180 turn by holding analog down + O and then sprint down the stairs and to the right alley(where came from), died only once here and it was on my first run on normal.

• 3 months later...

god damn thing has killed me about 15 times total so far. just died 3 from it on nightmare. if you dont immediately turn or quik turn as soon as the cutscene stops your dead meat. it only takes a milisecond screwup to die

edit i think i figured it out

hold down on the analog + O to do a quick turn and immediately hold up on the analog so she starts running down the stairs asap

you can practice on the stairs before it a few times to get it right

Edited by melodicmizery

On 26/07/2020 at 11:30 AM, melodicmizery said:

god damn thing has killed me about 15 times total so far. just died 3 from it on nightmare. if you dont immediately turn or quik turn as soon as the cutscene stops your dead meat. it only takes a milisecond screwup to die

edit i think i figured it out

hold down on the analog + O to do a quick turn and immediately hold up on the analog so she starts running down the stairs asap

you can practice on the stairs before it a few times to get it right

DODGE guys, honestly, you wouldnt think it, but makes it much easier.

Which is faster, dodging/running could perhaps be a pretty even debate, but what is true is that dodging provides a quick burst of distance travelled to begin with, although does slow.

That initial burst of the dodge is what saves you here. 

The stair skating, being really fast etc can all be tricky to some, but turning and dodging once or twice is easy and will save your ass.

Trust me, it really helps xD