save file problems and ways to fix it

Lonemankane

Hey everyone been looking all over the place to try and find a way to fix the save problems I have with ninja gaiden sigma 2 and any other games that have this kind of problem. The problem I face with it as I said before in another topic is every time I try to pass the part am in, in the game it keeps messing up and making it go in a unlimited load screen and I can't do anything to fix it and want to know ways to fix files or games that do this. as this happen before but with dead space 3 where at the end once a cutscene ends and your about to fight the final boss the platform I stand on disappears and I fall to my death and die, I tried everything to fix that one and in the end had to do co op to fix the problem but it was more my friend ended up doing final boss for me while I was stuck in limbo.

Just wanting to know as there is other problems out there with saves and I don't know all but I know afew but yeah just wondering if anyone knows ways to fix save file problems like this

Edited by KANERKB

Definitely not the save file. Could be HDD, could be database...could even been a crusty firmware. You may wanna back everything up and try restoring your console to factory defaults. After that, start troubleshooting the hardware as mentioned above.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

It sounds to me like your Hard Drive is on its way out, either that or the Laser in the BD Drive is dying and not reading the discs properly.

52 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

It sounds to me like your Hard Drive is on its way out, either that or the Laser in the BD Drive is dying and not reading the discs properly.

12 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Definitely not the save file. Could be HDD, could be database...could even been a crusty firmware. You may wanna back everything up and try restoring your console to factory defaults. After that, start troubleshooting the hardware as mentioned above.

oh no it is the file itself.

As I tried a old fatboy ps3 with the same game and file and it happen again it just happened to only theres games and few others I seen others talk about and yeah

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If the save file was transferred from the old drive, it’s already corrupted, there is no fixing it at that point. 

it was just a file taking by a usb like plug it into the ps3 and then transfer it to the fatboy one, I even played it on the fatboy ps3 with no saves played on easy got to the point and boom same problem same with dead space 3 I mean could it be some kind of uk disc thing?

Edited by KANERKB

24 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

it was just a file taking by a usb like plug it into the ps3 and then transfer it to the fatboy one, I even played it on the fatboy ps3 with no saves played on easy got to the point and boom same problem same with dead space 3 I mean could it be some kind of uk disc thing?

In that case, it sounds like you have a bad disc so try replacing it and doing a fresh install then starting a new game from scratch. If a copy doesn't work, then there's good chance that both systems are dying. I've never heard of this issue happening with either game so the problem is either a bad disc or the Laser/Hard Drive is one its way out in one or both consoles.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case, it sounds like you have a bad disc so try replacing it and doing a fresh install then starting a new game from scratch. If a copy doesn't work, then there's good chance that both systems are dying. I've never heard of this issue happening with either game so the problem is either a bad disc or the Laser/Hard Drive is one its way out in one or both consoles.

well that is the problem I tried both games with another copy of the game and found nothing to work dead space kept having the glitch same with ninja gaiden 2 however unlike dead space 3 ninja gaiden 2 is fine when I remove all the data and do it from the start but that is my main problem, I will lose all the data I made up to that point like the missions I done with co op and so on.

30 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

well that is the problem I tried both games with another copy of the game and found nothing to work dead space kept having the glitch same with ninja gaiden 2 however unlike dead space 3 ninja gaiden 2 is fine when I remove all the data and do it from the start but that is my main problem, I will lose all the data I made up to that point like the missions I done with co op and so on.

In that case, either the Laser or Hard Drive is dying or the OS has been corrupted so try the repair options in Safe Mode. If repairing the Database and File System doesn't work, then you may have to consider the Nuclear option of backing up all your saves then wiping your Hard Drive and reinstalling the latest Firmware update. If after a full reinstall, you're still having problems - it's time to consider either replacing the Hard Drive and Laser or just cutting your loses and buying a new/second hand PS3 and scrapping the other one.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.