Do you tell people you know that you trophy hunt?

charxsetsuna

My friends and girlfriend do know that i trophy hunt, they are more comprehensive about this style of gaming and understand that it is what gives me joy. My family don't, would be weird trying to explain to them why sometimes i do the same thing over and over again in a game or arrange victories in online matches with other players. lol

Other than that, when random people mention videogames, i just tell that i play them.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Not really. People I know outside of family don't play videogames or just very casually so I don't see the point in trying to explain trophy hunting to them. I just tell them I play videogames. Pretty much just my family knows about me trophy hunting.

This in a nutshell

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saki said:

Actually an irl friend got me into this whole trophy-thing. He challenged me to beat his platinum count and laughed at those 3 platinums I had back then. 

Besides him only those friends of mine who play video games know about it. I don't really talk about video games that much, since most of my friends believe that it's not really the kind of hobby a girl should have. So I'm definitely not gonna talk with them about trophies and all that. ?

And as for my parents... I won't even try to explain this to them. My mother would probably believe the "Playstation Headquarters" sent me some trophies lmao

Same here, when I was 14 I used to go to my friends house a lot during lunch break and after school completing the trophies for the LEGO Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Resident Evil 5 and 6. 

3 years and a bit later I decided to buy a PS4 and start trophy hunting. 

• Like 1

I don't keep it a secret that I sometimes trophy hunt, but I don't really go out of my way to tell anyone either. It usually only comes up if someone happens to see my profile. Most of my friends play on PC, so they don't see it too often. Usually just when there's some kind of exclusive that comes out and they hop on the console train for a minute to play it. I'm sure at this point most people know, since I've been trophy hunting for over 6 years now though.

• Like 1

It depends, if the person I'm talking usually plays videos games, specially on PS4, I like to tell them what I do or which games I play.

If not, I just say that I play them.

I have some friends who trophy hunt like me, but we are all more into collecting Platinums instead of trophies itself, we don't care about completion or having all the trophies. WE WANT PLATINUMS! ?

Edited by t-i-g-o
  • Like 1

If somebody asks me about my hobbies? Yes, i don't have any reasons to hide this.

I get mixed reactions, but most of them are positive, few of them were like "That's such a waste of time, why would you do that", but that's super rare. 

Just now, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yes, everytime I approach a woman I say:

Hey, I'm trophyman. You want to know my secret identity?

"Hey there, my platinum list is shorter than my deek, wanna hang out?"

???

I usually just say i play on playstation

Then, once people add me as friend, they go like 'wow bro u got 100% of ur trophies on all your games' then ofcourse i go deeper & say im a trophyhunter

Otherwise, thats basically all i tell about it

• Like 2