How to play Mastermind?

38 minutes ago, SavedByBlood1717 said:

I cant get into a match...tried 3 times and was waiting over 30min before i gave up...

I've not been having any issues & generally find a game within a couple minutes maximum, I do use the amastermind que though rather than the random one.

I have seen a large number of people saying they can't find Mastermind games though & quite a few of them have said they are playing using a wireless connection. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but I personally use a wired connection straight to my router & have no problems.

It is something on their server because there are times when it's 30 mins to find a match and then later on it'll be 3 mins before once again going to 30.

The good news is that should be fixed eventually and that Mastermind actually doesn't require high levels outside Annette who has to get to level 19. Danial and Alex both can level up significantly to get a skill that can help them with 1 of their trophies, but you can do them without the skill. Spencer is the easiest by far and you should be able to get them all in 1 game.

I'm playing wireless with NAT type 2 and have no trouble finding matches at any time of the day. If it takes more than 5 minutes to find a game I just restart the search and end up finding one after that.

I do wish this game had dedicated servers because P2P can cause issues for survivors in particular. Aside from that it's a great game that I hope Capcom continues to support for a while.

31 minutes ago, CashewHunter said:

That's lucky for you. I can never find a game as the Mastermind.

I can't even get a mastermind game when choosing random option. It always picks survivor for me no matter what.

This is gonna kill the game quickly if they don't fix broken lobbies for mastermind

Edited by ClintonLS90
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ClintonLS90 said:

I can't even get a mastermind game when choosing random option. It always picks survivor for me no matter what.

This is gonna kill the game quickly if they don't fix broken lobbies for mastermind

I've tried getting mastermind with both random and the actual mastermind matchmaking. It never works. Out of 60 or so games on random matchmaking I always get a match as a survivor.

Guys, go to Capcoms facebook and twitter and let them know about this issue.

Edited by CashewHunter
  • Like 2

As of now I've contacted the director for the game on twitter and Capcom on facebook regarding the matchmaking problem this game has for Mastermind. 

I've tried restarting matchmaking as the Mastermind after searching for 2 and 5 minutes intervalls. That didn't work, and just now I tried searching for a game while I was eating lunch and taking a shower. When I was back after 75 minutes (that's right, one hour and fifteen minutes) I still hadn't found a match as the Mastermind. Ok, after waiting for 80 minutes I finally got my first match as the Mastermind. 

It might be so that the matchmaking has a que time and a lot of people are searching for a match as the Mastermind. Which is why it takes so long to find a match.

Apparently Capcom has fixed the matchmaking issue on PC. 

Edited by CashewHunter
  • Like 2

you can only play survivor but good luck with that because most people playing are brain dead and will shave your time by a lot, mastermind is taking me 50 minutes (and counting) and still no game found. this game was just an excuse to make RE3 a 60$ game for a 3h expeirence

6 hours ago, LucienNL said:

I think it's very strange that Capcom is not giving us any updates. How can you release a game in this state? When the beta got delayed I knew it was going to be problems.

Why is it strange? A lot of the world is currently under lockdown because of the Corona virus. This leaves many dev teams short staffed, working from home or running a skeleton crew. It's no surprise theres been very little response over the issues considering what's going on in the world.

They are being impacted by it just as much as we are. Cut them some slack, they'll get it sorted as of when they can.

26 minutes ago, DevilVergilXT said:

What I don't understand is, how some other people are able to play as Mastermind at all, like... what do they so different. I never had issue with other games I played online at all.

Luck and patience because so far i'm 2 hours in and 0 games played as mastermind

3 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Why is it strange? A lot of the world is currently under lockdown because of the Corona virus. This leaves many dev teams short staffed, working from home or running a skeleton crew. It's no surprise theres been very little response over the issues considering what's going on in the world.

They are being impacted by it just as much as we are. Cut them some slack, they'll get it sorted as of when they can.

No. You are wrong. Devs can even post a message online from home. They released a broken game. Period. We paid for it. We deserve some information. Even now. I do not expect a fast fix when the world is burning but at least some communication.

• Like 3