Auto pop platinum sort of

X_Lupton_X

58 minutes ago, X_Lupton_X said:

Discovered you can auto unlock all trophies in the game on a second account. By adding a second controller. Entering 2 player mode will unlock all trophies you currently have for player 2s account. I tried this with my hong kong account right after finishing the game with my main. It auto unlocked. Does it count as cheating? You be the judge 

Interesting info! That shall not be considered as cheating, since it is in-game feature. IIRC same applies to LittleBigPlanet.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, X_Lupton_X said:

Discovered you can auto unlock all trophies in the game on a second account. By adding a second controller. Entering 2 player mode will unlock all trophies you currently have for player 2s account. I tried this with my hong kong account right after finishing the game with my main. It auto unlocked. Does it count as cheating? You be the judge 

Nice find! And no, this shouldn't be considered as cheating.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 05/04/2020 at 3:48 AM, X_Lupton_X said:

Nice interesting theory. This won't count as cheating much similar to Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time etc.

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason this is a thing that happens in the game, therefore it’s not cheating (at least in my eyes) though an exception will have to me made to this title for flagging altogether unless timestamps are modded to appear well before release or on a date that hasn’t happened yet.

I do find it funny that because of this you don’t ever have to actually play the game so long as the second controller/account has previously unlocked all the trophies. Does the alt user need to have a save file which it ulocked the platinum for present on the console or do you just need the trophies synced for the game to recognise trophies between accounts? If the syncing is all that’s needed could finding a person IRL to install Cat Quest 2 on my PS4 from their account and doing the auto-pop for me be an option?

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2020 at 9:26 PM, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

For whatever reason this is a thing that happens in the game, therefore it’s not cheating (at least in my eyes) though an exception will have to me made to this title for flagging altogether unless timestamps are modded to appear well before release or on a date that hasn’t happened yet.

I do find it funny that because of this you don’t ever have to actually play the game so long as the second controller/account has previously unlocked all the trophies. Does the alt user need to have a save file which it ulocked the platinum for present on the console or do you just need the trophies synced for the game to recognise trophies between accounts? If the syncing is all that’s needed could finding a person IRL to install Cat Quest 2 on my PS4 from their account and doing the auto-pop for me be an option?

you would need to have a save file with 100% completion already and join. So basically any alt you could add into your game and it would unlock all trophies as long as the main already has 100%. Keep in mind this only works on the NA version there is an extra patch in that version that I believe causes this glitch/exploit that is not present in the EU or AS versions. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/26/2020 at 5:40 PM, X_Lupton_X said:

Just so you all know as of now the exploit no longer works, you will still get trophies on both accounts if you play the game in co op. However the auto pop has been patched and is no longer working.

What if you play unpatched?

7 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

You can.

it seems to be a real hell to do lol, if something involves downloading programs and things like that i don't even try. on ps3 it was so easy, I was able to get the littlebigplanet 3 platinum without too many problems, on ps4 Sony complicated things.

6 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

it seems to be a real hell to do lol, if something involves downloading programs and things like that i don't even try. on ps3 it was so easy, I was able to get the littlebigplanet 3 platinum without too many problems, on ps4 Sony complicated things.

Very true. The only downside is the download speed takes a big hit. I've tried it on one game, and damn it was slow. 

13 minutes ago, Tempestad_cl said:

This should fall under using someone else's save.

but cat quest doesn't have online (or does it?) so only the owner himself would have the means to get the platinum on another account using his own save. of course there would be no way to legitimize that move...

8 hours ago, kevao97 said:

but cat quest doesn't have online (or does it?) so only the owner himself would have the means to get the platinum on another account using his own save. of course there would be no way to legitimize that move...

Then using your own to create impossible timestamps, like if you have it on your main account is because you did on purpose. Just my opinion.