What is Naughty Dog working on?

McJacs2

48 members have voted

1. 1. Next gen Naughty Dog game

• Jak and Daxter 4
    • The Last of Us 2
    • Uncharted 4
    • New IP (leave comment about it)

It was reported at Gamescom that major studios such as Naughty Dog, Media Molecule, and Santa Monica Studios will be working on PS4 exclusives. What would you like to hear out of Naughty Dog specifically?

Uncharted 4 would seel the deal for me. I would do everything in my power to get enough money for a PS4 and fixings if Uncharted 4 was announced.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/556115-gamescom-2013-naughty-dog-media-molecula-and-santa-monica-studios-are-working-on-ps4-exclusives

Edited by McJacs2

I kind of hope it isn't a new Uncharted. I love the series but I feel it ended good with the conclusion of Uncharted 3. Personally, I'd love to see another IP but if it is another Uncharted I'm sure Naughty Do can pull it off and it would be a day one purchase for me too. 

Parker

• Like 3

I haven't played The Last of Us, and i would not like any spoilers, but is the game even franchisable? Would it be possible to keep making games, because from what I've heard it doesn't sound like it. I could be wrong though.

Yes it is, the world is just beggin to be explored more in future games.

Edited by drummerklg

I really think (and hope) that it is a new IP. Probably something that has the same atmosphere as The Last of Us, but less of an Uncharted feel to it. I don't feel that Naughty Dog will be going back to the zany, fun play style of Uncharted quite yet. I think they will be making a very serious and dark IP that will set apart from the trend of fun but realistic games that are coming out. A game that is a true survival horror with hardly any weapons......at least I really hope so.

I think it will be a new IP or Uncharted 4. Wouldn't mind either way. I think it's a bit too early to be talking about TLOU 2 and I doubt they would be returning to the Jak games. But the idea of a new Uncharted game seems very popular as it's one of the most famous PS3 exclusives and would be a major system seller on the PS4.

Well It's way too early for another The Last of Us. If that was the case it would mean that they would have started work on the 2nd before the first was finished. 

I wouldn't mind seeing another Jak, but i don't see that happening. Sony needs something big from Naughty Dog and Jak just isn't it. 

I want to see a new IP but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Uncharted 4. 

I haven't played The Last of Us, and i would not like any spoilers, but is the game even franchisable? Would it be possible to keep making games, because from what I've heard it doesn't sound like it. I could be wrong though.

You can franchise characters, you can also franchise the environment/setting. I believe Naughty Dog would expand on the later, There's plenty of other stories they could tell that could tie in to the original, but not be a true sequel. 
Edited by mturismo

Absolutely. I think Naughty Dog would be smart to leave Joel and Ellie's story at a conclusion as I felt The Last of Us ended perfectly, but there is so much left in the world that is begging to be explored. Naughty Dog could easily make another game following different characters and their settlements, or the first days of the outbreak, or the final days and anything in between. The world is extremely rich and a team as talented as Naughty Dog could work wonders with it. 

Parker