Be aware of Microtransactions

I wasn't even aware about this, until I checked the PS store and there are indeed microtransactions that you can buy. There are multiple reports that the progression feels very slow so this is intentionally designed to either grind or pay for boosters. Just thought of point it out here for people unaware, cause I'm sure as hell not gonna support this practice after knowing this. 

• Like 3

A game that pressures you to pay an extra money is not a good game. I've heard multiple reports that the progression is very slow and that usually insensitives other people to buy these boosters. You can stack them so imagine someone buying multiple to the point that he gets an advantage in every single playthrough, not to mention that there are equipment lootboxes, which give you in game advantages so there it has impact on the game. While it's not certain if it's game breaking yet, who knows how it will look like in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

A game that pressures you to pay an extra money is not a good game. I've heard multiple reports that the progression is very slow and that usually insensitives other people to buy these boosters. You can stack them so imagine someone buying multiple to the point that he gets an advantage in every single playthrough, not to mention that there are equipment lootboxes, which give you in game advantages so there it has impact on the game. While it's not certain if it's game breaking yet, who knows how it will look like in the next couple of weeks. 

How is a game pressuring you or anyone to pay extra? It’s all a choice to buy or not to buy at the end of the day. That right there is a mental thing. I’ve not one time felt “pressured” into buying anything extra. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Microtransactions are bad whether they affect gameplay or not. I very much distaste the practice and don't buy games new if they have them or if I suspect they'll be added later, e.g. CTR: Nitro Fueled, and I was right. 

Guy was just sounding the alert, no need to dogpile on him because you're all okay with it. Be civil, please.

Just Personally there's obviously different types, there's also no reports of "slow progress" but honestly In a couple games Overwatch and R6 I bought crap cause I like the game
It's simple though

-cosmetic dont like it don't buy it doesn't affect the game at all (Overwatch&R6)
- SP "Shortcuts" That's for the consumer to choose whether they want to cheat themselves (Ghost recon Wildlands, Assassins creed, Shadow of war)
-MP "Shortcuts" Depends on whether it's breaking the Meta, can I spend $100 and have god tier guns/abilities? or is it just a small XP boost? 

-MP RNG meta breaking loot boxes if I had a nickle everytime i got clapped by a gun out of loot box in Black ops 4 Id have enough to buy all the guns

Some people not you are getting way too angry about the fact that this is what it has evolved into,  These arent even close to Freemium mobile games.

1 hour ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

Basically every game nowadays has optional microtransactions. Are you honestly saying you have never, and will never play a game that offers microtransactions? If so my friend, you are missing out on some amazing games.

To directly refer to your quote above;

The Last of Us

Monster Hunter World

Uncharted 4

Rainbow Six Siege

and I could name at least 50 more of the highest rated games of this generation

They all have microtransactions. Are they all 'bad games'?

I hope you are a very young player, cause I can make a list of hundred old games that have ZERO microtransactions. 

25 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Just gonna leave this here.

THANK YOU!!! I saw his video later and wanted to post this myself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I hope you are a very young player, cause I can make a list of hundred old games that have ZERO microtransactions. 

Very good, I have been playing games since the Snes and Sega Mega Drive, so I could also name you hundreds of games from that era that didn't have microtransactions, given that console based internet wasn't a thing then. Bravo

You are ignoring the point I am making. If you skip any game that has any microtransactions because you immediately deem it as bad, then good for you, I appreciate your moral stance, but you are locking yourself out of about I would say 85% of the triple A games that come out, not to mention some of the best games of the generation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mackenzie129 said:

4/6 of your posts are bitching about these Microtransactions, If you're going to whine that much I honestly suggest selling your consoles and give up gaming for good cause that's the way the industry is heading and there's nothing you can do about it 

And I honestly suggest you let us whiny, cause some of this "whining" lead to sending a message to developers that this is not alright. Battlefront II was notorious of going so far with this and now it's pretty enjoyable multiplayer. GR Breakpoint had a pretty greedy microtransactions and Ubisoft is now re-packaging the whole game, cause how bad it was.

Microtransactions like these have no business in full priced video games and it is honestly very sad that some people turn a blind side to it. You don't have to do anything with that, but don't blame people who actually do try to voice their disapproval. 

3 minutes ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

Very good, I have been playing games since the Snes and Sega Mega Drive, so I could also name you hundreds of games from that era that didn't have microtransactions, given that console based internet wasn't a thing then. Bravo

You are ignoring the point I am making. If you skip any game that has any microtransactions because you immediately deem it as bad, then good for you, I appreciate your moral stance, but you are locking yourself out of about I would say 85% of the triple A games that come out, not to mention some of the best games of the generation.

That's funny, cause I keep playing triple AAA games like Witcher 3, Dark Souls, or Horizon Zero Dawn that have practically no microtransactions in them, so you can still make games without greedy microtransactions. I'm not skipping any game that has microtransactions, I don't mind them in single player game as long as they are reasonable, but in multiplayer game it is usually very suspicious and I'm sorry, this is not making me any confident. It's sad that some of you guys even have to here and defend this BS. I don't care if you are enjoying the game, more power to you, b ut don't act like this isn't a problem. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

if you are enjoying the game, more power to you, b ut don't act like this isn't a problem

If they're enjoying the game... maybe it isn't a problem, to them?

I think most people realize microtransactions are a companies way of making some extra cash, but companies are there to make money and consumers are here to spend it... so it's a balancing act.  Just because you have a steadfast zero tolerance approach to microtransactions in multiplayer games, doesn't mean someone who takes it more on a case by case basis and might feel its acceptable or appropriate at times is ignorant.  Your opinion doesn't supersede others... and no one forced you to make a thread outlining your opinion, so accept that people might disagree with you.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 4

I'm not a fan of microtransactions, but these reports and you by extension are spreading misinformation. Progression for buying cosmetics is slow, but definitely not for levelling up characters and getting new equipment. Cosmetics grinds are slow for every MP game I can think of, so developers can push you to pay real money for them. It's not a good practice, but it is what it is and this is far from being the worst offender. I see that you've played games like MK11, MvC Infinite, SFV and WWE, so while you're free to voice your disdain for these practices, it does come off as a little hypocritical.

The game also will be adding Jill for free in a couple of weeks and will probably continue to add free content in the months to come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

And I honestly suggest you let us whiny, cause some of this "whining" lead to sending a message to developers that this is not alright. Battlefront II was notorious of going so far with this and now it's pretty enjoyable multiplayer. GR Breakpoint had a pretty greedy microtransactions and Ubisoft is now re-packaging the whole game, cause how bad it was.

Microtransactions like these have no business in full priced video games and it is honestly very sad that some people turn a blind side to it. You don't have to do anything with that, but don't blame people who actually do try to voice their disapproval. 

That's funny, cause I keep playing triple AAA games like Witcher 3, Dark Souls, or Horizon Zero Dawn that have practically no microtransactions in them, so you can still make games without greedy microtransactions. I'm not skipping any game that has microtransactions, I don't mind them in single player game as long as they are reasonable, but in multiplayer game it is usually very suspicious and I'm sorry, this is not making me any confident. It's sad that some of you guys even have to here and defend this BS. I don't care if you are enjoying the game, more power to you, b ut don't act like this isn't a problem. 

Battlefront 2 is the exception not the norm. EA's stupidity literally had an effect across the industry. The rules for gacha games even had to be changed. 

Breakpoint was a failure for way more reasons than micro transactions. 

Im not have a fan of micro transactions, especially ones that affect player progression, however the video being linked in this thread is completely off base IMO, at least in regards to cosmetics. Some players value cosmetics more than player progression, so a grind and/or monetization is predatory/bad? One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Cosmetics aren't a necessary feature of a game (in the vast majority of cases anyways) and if they mean more to you than actually gameplay then that's your perogitive. 

It also cuts both ways. I love the Vermintide games. There are no Mico transactions (there may be a limited few in a future update. ) I've played for a few hundred hours yet I still don't own every red version of each weapon (though I do have over 600+ chests I could open). The second was easier to get cosmetics due to bogenhafen chests. However, the first not so much. I know quite a few people that would be willing to pay for the cosmetic for their favorite weapon/character. 

Also wasn't RER included with RE3? You're not paying $60 just for it. Isn't it basically the same idea as GTA5/GTA Online? I hope you have the same views for GTAO. 

TLDR: you might have a point with the progression boosts, but I don't agree with anyone complaining about a cosmetics grind / monetization. 

Edited by Joker-Kun890
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

If they're enjoying the game... maybe it isn't a problem, to them?

I think most people realize microtransactions are a companies way of making some extra cash, but companies are there to make money and consumers are here to spend it... so it's a balancing act.  Just because you have a steadfast zero tolerance approach to microtransactions in multiplayer games, doesn't mean someone who takes it more on a case by case basis and might feel its acceptable or appropriate at times is ignorant.  Your opinion doesn't supersede others... and no one forced you to make a thread outlining your opinion, so accept that people might disagree with you.

And you should accept that your take is completely ridiculous and you completely misunderstand how this works. Companies create microtransaction and consumers buy the so it's a balancing act? Are you kidding me? 

This is a free open forum so I can post what I want and I think we as a player should have responsibility to warn others for potential greedy practices like this. I do welcome other comments, but yours is just ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I'm not a fan of microtransactions, but these reports and you by extension are spreading misinformation. Progression for buying cosmetics is slow, but definitely not for levelling up characters and getting new equipment. Cosmetics grinds are slow for every MP game I can think of, so developers can push you to pay real money for them. It's not a good practice, but it is what it is and this is far from being the worst offender. I see that you've played games like MK11, MvC Infinite, SFV and WWE, so while you're free to voice your disdain for these practices, it does come off as a little hypocritical.

The game also will be adding Jill for free in a couple of weeks and will probably continue to add free content in the months to come.

I do agree that it is not the worst offender, but I feel like people should know. I hear the reports from credible sources so I do believe them, but that's fine, you don't have to take my word for it. I'm just here to let people know so they can do whatever they want with it. If they are enjoying the game, more power to them. 

11 minutes ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

Battlefront 2 is the exception not the norm. EA's stupidity literally had an effect across the industry. The rules for gacha games even had to be changed. 

Breakpoint was a failure for way more reasons than micro transactions. 

Im not have a fan of micro transactions, especially ones that affect player progression, however the video being linked in this thread is completely off base IMO, at least in regards to cosmetics. Some players value cosmetics more than player progression, so a grind and/or monetization is predatory/bad? One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Cosmetics aren't a necessary feature of a game (in the vast majority of cases anyways) and if they mean more to you than actually gameplay then that's your perogitive. 

It also cuts both ways. I love the Vermintide games. There are no Mico transactions (there may be a limited few in a future update. ) I've played for a few hundred hours yet I still don't own every red version of each weapon (though I do have over 600+ chests I could open). The second was easier to get cosmetics due to bogenhafen chests. However, the first not so much. I know quite a few people that would be willing to pay for the cosmetic for their favorite weapon/character. 

Also wasn't RER included with RE3? You're not paying $60 just for it. Isn't it basically the same idea as GTA5/GTA Online? I hope you have the same views for GTAO. 

TLDR: you might have a point with the progression boosts, but I don't agree with anyone complaining about a cosmetics grind / monetization. 

I do agree with some of your points, but man, you cannot compare GTA V with RE 3 Remake, cause that just blews it out of the way with the amount of content. Even without GTA Online, GTA V is very justifiable with it $60, while RE 3 Remake is questionable at best and adding Project Resistance doesn't justify that price tag IMO. I haven't tried GTA Online in a long time, but I've heard some bad stuff is in there, so I'm not at all defending that, but just because that game has greedy microtransactions, doesn't mean the other should. 

11 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

And you should accept that your take is completely ridiculous and you completely misunderstand how this works. Companies create microtransaction and consumers buy the so it's a balancing act? Are you kidding me? 

This is a free open forum so I can post what I want and I think we as a player should have responsibility to warn others for potential greedy practices like this. I do welcome other comments, but yours is just ridiculous. 

I do agree that it is not the worst offender, but I feel like people should know. I hear the reports from credible sources so I do believe them, but that's fine, you don't have to take my word for it. I'm just here to let people know so they can do whatever they want with it. If they are enjoying the game, more power to them. 

I do agree with some of your points, but man, you cannot compare GTA V with RE 3 Remake, cause that just blews it out of the way with the amount of content. Even without GTA Online, GTA V is very justifiable with it $60, while RE 3 Remake is questionable at best and adding Project Resistance doesn't justify that price tag IMO. I haven't tried GTA Online in a long time, but I've heard some bad stuff is in there, so I'm not at all defending that, but just because that game has greedy microtransactions, doesn't mean the other should. 

I was moreso drawing the comparison to each game splitting its sp/mp into basically two separate games. Tbh I'm surprised RER even has its own platinum, and I'm sure alot of people are happy about that. 

IMO the gripe would be much more relevant if we were talking about a standalone game, at least in regards to progression boosts (I stated my opinion on cosmetics in my last post). 

Now, if people have an issue with RE3 then that's an entirely different topic, but fans of the original would have bought it whether RER was included or not. 

I personally can't stand Capcom. Their constant re-releases annoy me, and I thought it was ridiculous that RE4 (PS4) and SFAC didn't even have full trophy lists. I still play their games... I just usually wait for a sale. ?

• Like 1