Be aware of Microtransactions

17 minutes ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

I was moreso drawing the comparison to each game splitting its sp/mp into basically two separate games. Tbh I'm surprised RER even has its own platinum, and I'm sure alot of people are happy about that. 

IMO the gripe would be much more relevant if we were talking about a standalone game, at least in regards to progression boosts (I stated my opinion on cosmetics in my last post). 

Now, if people have an issue with RE3 then that's an entirely different topic, but fans of the original would have bought it whether RER was included or not. 

I personally can't stand Capcom. Their constant re-releases annoy me, and I thought it was ridiculous that RE4 (PS4) and SFAC didn't even have full trophy lists. I still play their games... I just usually wait for a sale. 1f605.png

I got you. I was really glad that they separated the trophies as well so I don't have to worried about Resistance and I was going purely for RE 3 experience. It would have been better for them to release the games separately or at least give the option, but That's probably asking for too much. 

Capcom has been doing stuff well for the past few years, but they are still corporate company so squeezing as much money as possible will still be the main priority unfortunately. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I'm not taking your word for it because I've actually spent 25+ hours playing this and I can say that these "credible sources" are spreading misinformation. You're essentially helping these sources to spread lies about a game you haven't even played. I'd love to know what your sources are so I can avoid them in the future. 

I've already called him our about his "sources" multiple times for him to ignore me. The last post I made in this thread explained the full mechanics of the game, rank point system, chests, how the boosts he's complaining about actually work & what little they do. I basically ripped apart every aspect of his argument & funnily enough he completely ignored that & continued to preach his nonsense about sources while failing to provide any evidence whatsoever.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Typos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I'm not taking your word for it because I've actually spent 25+ hours playing this and I can say that these "credible sources" are spreading misinformation. You're essentially helping these sources to spread lies about a game you haven't even played. I'd love to know what your sources are so I can avoid them in the future. 

And I'm not taking your word for it, cause I've seen situations where fans can be easily blinded so for what I know, you are probably defending it, no offense. So I rather trust my resources that do a proper analogy and provide examples. Because of that, I will keep continuing spreading the information as long as this is still an issue and it will at least make the buyers aware if these practices. 

9 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I've already called him our about his "sources" multiple times for him to ignore me. The last post I made in this thread explained the full mechanics of the game, rank point system, chests, how the boosts he's complaining about actually work & what little they do. I basically ripped apart every aspect of his argument & funnily enough he completely ignored that & continued to preach his nonsense about sources while failing to provide any evidence whatsoever.

Yeah, looks like he just did the same thing with me as well. Guess he's just interested in spreading lies about this game for some reason. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Totaly agree with you, i could care less about this or microtransaction! If a game looks good im getting it regardless, but people like this slandering a game that they even havent played, i just got no words to ppl like this. Btw re resistance is an awsomely fun 4vs1 game. Re fans should try it out?

• Like 3

People complaining about optional microtransaction, on a game where you barely need to grind (at least for trophies), while some or most people can't even play half the game due to the shitty server.

(For the context the Mastermind Matchmaking issue)

Yes Microtransaction sucks if you are "forced" to buy it due to bigger grind or makes you pay to win, but none of these are the case for this game or even some other games, as long as you can ignore it, it should be fine. Save that complain for other games where it actually does an impact on it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevilVergilXT said:

People complaining about optional microtransaction, on a game where you barely need to grind (at least for trophies), while some or most people can't even play half the game due to the shitty server.

(For the context the Mastermind Matchmaking issue)

Yes Microtransaction sucks if you are "forced" to buy it due to bigger grind or makes you pay to win, but none of these are the case for this game or even some other games, as long as you can ignore it, it should be fine. Save that complain for other games where it actually does an impact on it.

Yeah, its better to just let these whiny people whine while we resi fans enjoy our new resi online experience? and yes everyone this OP is spreading fauls/ miss information about resi resistance ? play the game guys and enjoy it.

• Like 1

As someone who has played the game a lot this OP is either a micro transactions crusader to the point that he even targets them in games where they aren't offensive... or he is just a troll. I've heard all of 0 people talk bad about the RP boosters as they basically don't matter.

Progression in the game is some of the nicest around, so nice in fact they put into question why even have RP boosters at all. Chests go for 3000, 8000, and 20000. You get 4000-5000 a game unless you get destroyed early, but then the game was much shorter so you're still making good RP. Every level up you get with characters gives you 3000+ extra so unless you're sticking to a single character you're getting a hefty RP bonus every 1-3 games it takes to level up. Equipment also can't be gotten again so once you've pulled it, it's removed from the list of things you can get so you're never wasting RP when you buy one. High level equipment and it's equipment costs means you need to be up there in levels to use it which means you'll have plenty of RP to afford it when you can actually buy it. 

Literally the only way progress can be slow is if for whatever reason you spend all your cash on cosmetics till rank 20 and then complain you then have to get 20000 every time you want to pull a chest. When I got to rank 20 with a character I had like 300000+ and that was with me getting most/all the low and mid chests.

Speaking of Cosmetics. They are 50000 which is quite a bit more than even at the high level chests. However the fact that you can buy out all the chests with equipment easily enough means all your RP can then go towards cosmetics safely without fear of being behind people because you're not buying equipment. In addition the weekly challenge seems to be able to be completed x2 for two chests, and completing all dailies gives you 1 too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I wasn't even aware about this, until I checked the PS store and there are indeed microtransactions that you can buy. There are multiple reports that the progression feels very slow so this is intentionally designed to either grind or pay for boosters. Just thought of point it out here for people unaware, cause I'm sure as hell not gonna support this practice after knowing this. 

Lmao u are the first person complaining about this ain't hard to rank up at all just ply holy cow 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Speaking of Cosmetics. They are 50000 which is quite a bit more than even at the high level chests. However the fact that you can buy out all the chests with equipment easily enough means all your RP can then go towards cosmetics safely without fear of being behind people because you're not buying equipment. In addition the weekly challenge seems to be able to be completed x2 for two chests, and completing all dailies gives you 1 too.

Yes and cosmetics are so irrelevant, as it seams that there are no different outfits for survivors like in RE: Outbreak, just different colors. 

I am against MT also, but MTs in this game are not even that noticeable, so chill OP and play the frikin game.

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

And you should accept that your take is completely ridiculous and you completely misunderstand how this works. Companies create microtransaction and consumers buy the so it's a balancing act? Are you kidding me? 

This is a free open forum so I can post what I want and I think we as a player should have responsibility to warn others for potential greedy practices like this. I do welcome other comments, but yours is just ridiculous. 

Yes, companies choose what to make and consumers choose what to buy.  Neither side should want to get greedy and upset or scare the other side away... so there's a certain tolerance for how much money a company should ask for, and how much consumers should be willing to spend.  That's the balancing act.  It's not ridiculous at all.  Just because you accept no microtransactions in multiplayer games doesn't mean that's absolutely the way the industry should work and every gamer should think.  A lot of games do it in an acceptable way, in a way that makes the game more fun to gamers and makes the company more money to keep supporting it.

You clearly aren't welcoming to other comments, when you turn around and attack almost every one because you think they're "ridiculous" for disagreeing with you.

50 minutes ago, PlanetCheat said:

So simple yet some people can't comprehend it.

"Not buying them" takes too long.  Who wants to wait months/years for a game to under-perform due to a lack of microtransaction sales, when we're mad as hell about it today?  And will probably forget about it, and be mad about something different tomorrow?  We live in an age of instant gratification, so you know... review bombing, negative PR hellstorms, and sending death threats in DM's to devs on Twitter can get the job done much faster. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, shouty31_ said:

Lmao u are the first person complaining about this ain't hard to rank up at all just ply holy cow 

8 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah, its better to just let these whiny people whine while we resi fans enjoy our new resi online experience1f44d.png and yes everyone this OP is spreading fauls/ miss information about resi resistance 1f44d.png play the game guys and enjoy it.

Great. It only showcase you are part of the problem. All you can do is at least shut up when people who care actually speak out. ?

13 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So you wont take the word of a couple of experienced (to the extent that they can make reasonable comments) players because, in your opinion, they're biased.  However, you're completely gung-ho in pushing your "sources" and their agenda?

That's a bit hypocritical, dont you think?

Best thing you can do you play the game and get some first hand experience with it so you can make an educated opinion.  Otherwise, you just look foolish now.

15 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

Been playing for a few days now. I've reached Rank 20 on all characters and MMs but 2 (That's a lot of gameplay for the record). I totally understand your concern and I am 100% behind people who are against MXTs. I hate them too. It typically waters down the game and makes it grindy and horrible. There are a few games out there in which do have MXTs but are useless (Ubisoft Games are a prime example) where it is a booster and actually doesn't affect the game at all.

And at least in its current state, this is also the case. 100% of the game is earnable and in a very decent time. The only "grindy" boxes are the cosmetics ones which are purely there for longevity. I would like to point out the following:

• You can NOT buy lootboxes
  • You can NOT buy the points out right
  • You can NOT buy the skills out right
  • You can NOT buy the cosmetics out right
  • You can NOT use the points until you reach a certain level to unlock the set of next abilities/skills.
  • You can NOT buy levels either.

The gaming industry is a total mess with milking its consumers and because it is so rampant, one would immediately assume MTX = bad. Which is understandable as I said. However you are in fact incorrect when spreading this information because you are taking second hand information and treating it as gospel. (Irony I know me writing). I have had extensive playthrough of the game and trust me it's irrelevant as of now. If they change things in the future, who knows.

I'm glad you are sharing your experience and perspective. I still would rather tell people to be conscious, cause there have been situations where this was abused in the past. I don't believe I'm wrong for doing that and people act like I'm judging them for enjoying them game. I myself am not planning to play Resistance, which I wasn't interested anyway so I really have no reason to do so.

7 hours ago, PlanetCheat said:

So simple yet some people can't comprehend it.

Yes, ignore the problem while it's still there. This message is clearly not for you. 

7 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Yes, companies choose what to make and consumers choose what to buy.  Neither side should want to get greedy and upset or scare the other side away... so there's a certain tolerance for how much money a company should ask for, and how much consumers should be willing to spend.  That's the balancing act.  It's not ridiculous at all.  Just because you accept no microtransactions in multiplayer games doesn't mean that's absolutely the way the industry should work and every gamer should think.  A lot of games do it in an acceptable way, in a way that makes the game more fun to gamers and makes the company more money to keep supporting it.

You clearly aren't welcoming to other comments, when you turn around and attack almost every one because you think they're "ridiculous" for disagreeing with you.

"Not buying them" takes too long.  Who wants to wait months/years for a game to under-perform due to a lack of microtransaction sales, when we're mad as hell about it today?  And will probably forget about it, and be mad about something different tomorrow?  We live in an age of instant gratification, so you know... review bombing, negative PR hellstorms, and sending death threats in DM's to devs on Twitter can get the job done much faster. ;)

Oh yeah, it's very welcoming. Just ask Ubisoft or EA, they will tell how positively gamers accept these practices.

I don't accept comments who are so utterly stupid and ridiculous like yours. ?

7 hours ago, shouty31_ said:

13 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So you wont take the word of a couple of experienced (to the extent that they can make reasonable comments) players because, in your opinion, they're biased.  However, you're completely gung-ho in pushing your "sources" and their agenda?

That's a bit hypocritical, dont you think?

Best thing you can do you play the game and get some first hand experience with it so you can make an educated opinion.  Otherwise, you just look foolish now.

I do take people who respond reasonable and not those attacking me for simply spreading something that can have greedy practices.

Why would I want to play a game that I already decided not to? That's like saying that turd sandwich taste like shit, but some tells you to try if it really tastes like turd sandwich.  

Also, you are calling other sources biased and not players, who might just be blind fanboys? That's kinda hypocritical coming from someone calling others hypocritical. 

12 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I'm glad you are sharing your experience and perspective. I still would rather tell people to be conscious, cause there have been situations where this was abused in the past. I don't believe I'm wrong for doing that and people act like I'm judging them for enjoying them game. I myself am not planning to play Resistance, which I wasn't interested anyway so I really have no reason to do so.

Yeah I get where you're coming from but there's a difference between making people conscious of a feature and telling people it is a bad game with bad MTXs. You have done the latter, providing evidence that is 2nd party which is factually wrong (coming from your conclusion in your OP) Yes, it could be abused in future but at the moment it's irrelevant, and thus this game effectively has no MTX effect.

Let me put it this way, it would be no different than having a game without MTX then adding it at a later date. The only difference here is that there is a link to the PS Store now which has sparked this tread's existence. This wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a PS Store link. This MTX at this very time are irrelevant.

16 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I do agree with some of your points, but man, you cannot compare GTA V with RE 3 Remake, cause that just blews it out of the way with the amount of content. Even without GTA Online, GTA V is very justifiable with it $60, while RE 3 Remake is questionable at best and adding Project Resistance doesn't justify that price tag IMO.

Ok, you hate microtransactions. I hate this. How is the price tag of RE 3 questionable? Just because it's not a 100-hour game? I as many others are buying RE for its replay value. Not to mention it is a bug-free, optimized and overall clearly polished product.

It is so important for you to voice your statement on microtransactions to developers, yet at the same time you're basically sending another message that if the game is not tens of hours long even when there is nothing wrong with it, somehow the price is not justifiable.

Edited by BloodyRutz

21 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I could understand outrage if it was game breaking or pay to win but these literally have no impact on the game.

Umm, yeah it impacts the game. Had a 50+ rank mastermind slaughter my team of low rank survivors. We didn't stand a chance. Definitely a huge impact. 

18 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

Yeah I get where you're coming from but there's a difference between making people conscious of a feature and telling people it is a bad game with bad MTXs. You have done the latter, providing evidence that is 2nd party which is factually wrong (coming from your conclusion in your OP) Yes, it could be abused in future but at the moment it's irrelevant, and thus this game effectively has no MTX effect.

Let me put it this way, it would be no different than having a game without MTX then adding it at a later date. The only difference here is that there is a link to the PS Store now which has sparked this tread's existence. This wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't a PS Store link. This MTX at this very time are irrelevant.

My intention was to make people aware of it that it's there and me personally, I don't want to support this type of game. I don't think I ever said that it's a bad game if you go to my original post. I still think it's a bad MTX, cause the grind for cosmetics is still there and it can frustrate people for getting them. But hey, if people don't have problem with that, it's fine then. I know some people who can have a problem. 

I agree, if it wasn't there at all, we wouldn't have this discussion, that's why it feels so shady. Time will tell how far will they go with it. 

1 minute ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Umm, yeah it impacts the game. Had a 50+ rank mastermind slaughter my team of low rank survivors. We didn't stand a chance. Definitely a huge impact. 

That's not due to the MTX. That is bad game design which is my personal issue. There is a huge skill gap because you are punished at low level and the higher you get, you more higher stuff you get so you get out classed. It's a race to get to rank 50 and then you wreck newbs.

21 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Ok, you hate microtransactions. I hate this. How is the price tag of RE 3 questionable? Just because it's not a 100-hour game? I as many others are buying RE for its replay value. Not to mention it is a bug-free, optimized and overall clearly polished product.

It is so important for you to voice your statement on microtransactions to developers, yet at the same time you're basically sending another message that if the game is not tens of hours long even when there is nothing wrong with it, somehow the price is not justifiable.

Yes, it is questionable for the length and content that you are comparing to a freaking GTA V for Christ sake ???. Yeah, replay value that is not that re-playable. We can have a discussion of how the overall quality of the single campaign is somewhere else, but it is factual now that people have some issues with it unlike RE 2 Remake.

I personally don't think the price is justifiable at $60 based on the content. I know other quality games that were sold for less and hey, I was prompted when the ridiculous comparison was made with GTA V so don't blame me for speaking on that. 

20 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I feel very sorry for that. Must have been painful to watch. ?

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Oh yeah, it's very welcoming. Just ask Ubisoft or EA, they will tell how positively gamers accept these practices.

I don't accept comments who are so utterly stupid and ridiculous like yours. 1f602.png

Battlefront II and EA were properly reamed for what they did, I can't speak to Breakpoint but it seems like the game is/was broken beyond the microtransactions so no wonder people aren't happy with it.  Because you can repeat a few egregious examples ad nauseum, doesn't mean every multiplayer game with a cash shop is equally bad.  That's just silly.  We're human beings, we have brains, we're capable of rational thought, we can see the difference between two or three completely different games... right?

You clearly started this thread to pick a fight... you aren't being open minded about it whatsoever, and I'm tired of being nice about it.  I'm out.

Edited by Dreakon13

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Battlefront II and EA were properly reamed for what they did, I can't speak to Breakpoint but it seems like the game is/was broken beyond the microtransactions so no wonder people aren't happy with it.  Because you can repeat a few egregious examples ad nauseum, doesn't mean every multiplayer game with a cash shop is equally bad.  That's just silly.  We're human beings, we have brains, we're capable of rational thought, we can see the difference between two or three completely different games... right?

You clearly started this thread to pick a fight... you aren't being open minded about it whatsoever, and I'm tired of being nice about it.  I'm out.

I was just proving how wrong were you with your ridiculous statement while you keep continuing putting words into my mouth. I never said that a multiplayer game with a cash shop is automatically bad, I would say it's shady and greedy to put it there. I'm glad that you are out, cause you are so ridiculous. I had people treating with open mind here when they respond with valid criticism, but you are not being nice whatsoever. So you never hopefully. ?