Difficulty and state of going for the Platinums in 2020 (and beyond) in Battlefront 1 and 2?

KTILLA23

I want to know how possible is it to platinum the Battlefront games as of right now? Are the lobbies for both active still? Can they still be done with no Boosting? And what trophies will give me the hardest time? I am not sure and can't a clear answer as if going for the Platinums would still be feasible. Any information on what I would be getting myself into would be appreciated.  

• Like 3

I recently got back into the game and got all multiplayer trophies aside from the level 50 one in about one week or so of playing 3-4 hours each day, I'm currently level 42 and it takes about 3 co-op matches to level up as you can get around 30K-50K from each match. Also, you can knock out some of the multiplayer trophies while playing co-op.

I found the most infamously annoying trophies (Multi-tasking and The Bomber) pretty easy despite not being obtainable in co-op. I got Multi-taking in the hero starfighters mode by getting 1-3 hero ships kills every match, and The Bomber by chasing down AI ships in public matches.

And yeah, I had no problem finding matches in any game mode, I play on EU servers mostly in evenings.

Edited by Liav222
  • Like 1

Ive been doing 2 recebtly and so far every game mode has been populated and its been enjoyable just getting bits and pieces done while having fun in the game itself. Currently 57% done and 2XP is active atm so thats a bonus.

PS @KTILLA23 you also get a bonus +1 for being a boss for having Fei as an avatar ?

• Like 2

In Battlefront 2, as of right now I've gotten all the trophies besides Kill 500 enemies as a hero, and reach rank 50. I've only been playing for about a week and 4 days, and I've been playing other games besides it. I haven't boosted any of them and the lobbies are still pretty full in Battlefront 2, I don't know anything about the other one. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies so far, i will definitely be getting 2 when a sale happens, probably for "May the 4TH". I'm still not sure about 1 though and for right now I will skip it unless I get a clear answer.

@TOAST13TOA5T Thanks! Xenogears remains my favorite game of all time and would love a remaster on ps4. I still have never played another game so deep and moving to this day!

4 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

Did the 2 not that long ago and it was super easy. Have you considered getting EA Access? Well worth it.

Thank you! No, i haven't but for $5 a month it seems, it looks like a good deal. I did see on PS Deals when Battlefront 2 when i sale last it was only $6.50 ish and i believe the dlc trophies are no extra charge anyways. So i might just go the route of buying it on the next sale. But thanks for the suggestion.

I can jump in with an opinion on 1 for you!

Currently playing atm and no issues finding matches requiring 12 player. For matches requiring 40 players or DLC, no issues on weekends but would be lucky to find someone on weekdays. Sitting at 40/64 trophies and haven't had to boost a thing but may have to boost Crush them with one swift stroke…due to being pretty difficult to obtain through normal play. Only lvl 50 is required for the plat, but lvl 100 is required for 100% and the permanent double XP helps immensely. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, black__bunny said:

I can jump in with an opinion on 1 for you!

Currently playing atm and no issues finding matches requiring 12 player. For matches requiring 40 players or DLC, no issues on weekends but would be lucky to find someone on weekdays. Sitting at 40/64 trophies and haven't had to boost a thing but may have to boost Crush them with one swift stroke…due to being pretty difficult to obtain through normal play. Only lvl 50 is required for the plat, but lvl 100 is required for 100% and the permanent double XP helps immensely. 

Thank you! Your post for sure encourages me to pick up both now.  I would have no problem having to boost a couple of the trophies, I'm surprised to hear that 1 still has people playing. Thanks for the post! 

10 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

Thank you! Your post for sure encourages me to pick up both now.  I would have no problem having to boost a couple of the trophies, I'm surprised to hear that 1 still has people playing. Thanks for the post! 

I'm just as surprised, especially with all 4 dlc still being pretty active. It's one of the reasons I'm playing atm, you just never know when people will move on. I haven't played 2 for comparison but I really enjoy playing 1 so have no interest in boosting it, especially while there is an active player base of mixed skill levels so anyone can still start out in 2020. I assume there might even be a higher player base now that everyone is staying home with. 

• Like 1

You should definitely get it. Servers are plenty of people, and atm you can get every trophy without boosting.

Just one thing because you asked for hard trophies, right now i'm struggling with Multi-tasking. It's just too much 25 hero ships but i think you will find out yourself. Other than that i think the rest of them are quite manageable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, Hekyus said:

You should definitely get it. Servers are plenty of people, and atm you can get every trophy without boosting.

Just one thing because you asked for hard trophies, right now i'm struggling with Multi-tasking. It's just too much 25 hero ships but i think you will find out yourself. Other than that i think the rest of them are quite manageable.

You can make that trophy easier by going into hero starships mode, Immediately die and you can respond as a fighter. Slave 1 and Millenium falcon have way too much health for you to take on alone but the other hero ships aren't hard to take down as a fighter. Way easier than doing it in regular starfighter assault

Just now, SalaciousBeCrumb said:

I have attained all of the trophies except the level 50 one, plenty of people playing online,  no need to boost. Just moving through the levels now, double xp would be very helpful, I hope there's a double xp event soon 

Double XP is activated every Wednesday for XP help :)

On 5/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, SpacebarPIays said:

Is the population actually 'busy'?

I spend more time looking for games than in them, grinding to lvl50 currently but spending more time on menus due to the ton of bugs and being put into the same glitchy lobbies.

What mode are you playing? I’ve logged several hundred hours and I’ve never once had trouble finding a match besides maybe a 2 minute wait for hero showdown. HvV, Supremacy, GA, co-op (any era) and SA are all more or less immediate matches. I’ve only run into the lobby glitch in Supremacy once.

You’re either massively exaggerating or the unluckiest person alive.

@ OP - not sure about 1, but 2 is still thriving and there’s never any trouble finding a match regardless of the mode you’re looking to play. The game is ridiculously fun with tons of content and dramatically different multiplayer modes. The addition of co-op mode made getting a number of formerly very difficult trophies incredibly easy. And co-op is just a blast to play.

• Like 1

Battlefront 2 is more populated than ever, I got the plat in 2 weeks and that 2 weeks was pure grinding, id say a 5/10 and 50 - 100 hours

Battlefront 1 is almost impossible due to smaller game modes basically being dead, and insanely hard trophies, I can't tell difficulty or time because I haven't done it but out of the w if recommend bf2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zewe-88 said:

What mode are you playing? I’ve logged several hundred hours and I’ve never once had trouble finding a match besides maybe a 2 minute wait for hero showdown. HvV, Supremacy, GA, co-op (any era) and SA are all more or less immediate matches. I’ve only run into the lobby glitch in Supremacy once.

You’re either massively exaggerating or the unluckiest person alive.

Ive only been playing properly the last like week and a bit, so since the newest patch which apparently added a ton of bugs to the matchmaking?

Mostly playing HvV, Supremacy and a bit of Co-Op and SA for the trophies.

HvV i will admit pops within 10-15 seconds but at least 50% of the time i join a match halfway through and its a 4vs2 or im in a lobby with 4 on one team and 0 on the other and it takes 2-3 minutes to find others. Is what it is, points are still xp so whatever :P

Supremacy, once again, i find pretty much instantly but i usually have to leave 3-4 lobbies due to everyone being on one side, so it takes a good 3-4 minutes to actually get into a game. 

GA i rarely find games TBH. In the last 3-4 days, ive only been able to find a couple of them, most of the time, i chuck myself into a GA queue, go grab a drink and when i come back im still in the queue.

SA is once again pretty instant but almost every lobby is one sided, most games i find has at least 5-6 more players on one side and it never gets filled in a 10 minute game.

Im not saying the game is dead, far from it but im actually starting to notice the same names of people in a lot of the games i play lately, especially in SA.

On 6/5/2020 at 6:24 PM, DarkDreamz said:

I can't seem to find any players in SA and I'm trying to plat this game too..

I had the same problem, the lobbys were almost empty, try changing server location, I changed mine to Virginia

• 1 year later...
On 23/08/2021 at 9:04 PM, da-Noob123 said:

How is Battlefront 2 in 2021. Thinking of starting this up soon. Are all modes pretty active or is like Battlefront 1 where only the large matches are consistently full. Any tips for specific trophies or things to keep an eye out for?

It still seems super healthy. I'm playing right now after not playing for a couple of years and very little wait in matches.

• Like 1