Shopaholic Glitched Help Solved

LifeIsSenseless

Hey guys,

I've got 28 suits, 40 helmets and nearly 160 Ship paint shops plus a lot of decals (or whatever they called), so I'm pretty sure I'm lucky enough that the Shopaholic trophy glitched / bugged out.

Edit: i've "confirmed" my suspicion by playing the game on my Alt account. After I got around 25 cosmetics (didn't matter what kind, helmets, suits, skins...) I got the trophy after playing for 40 min...

I thought maybe it's because I started the game a couple of months before the Warzone Update but didn't unlock the shopaholic trophy and picked it up again this year.

They changed the trophy list a bit and maybe they messed it up by that...

So maybe somebody is / was in the same situation and can give me some tips. Is there a way to reset my profile and unlock 25 again? Or is there some dumb way around the glitch nobody would think of :D?

The old description was buy cosmetics but I think I already bought a lot of them...I really hope I won't be stuck at 97 % or something like that just cause of a bug :(.

Would be very grateful for every insight you got! And of course I will help you for everything you can tell me :).

Thx,

Life

Edited by LifeIsSenseless

I think you should contact the EVE online devs and they might fix it for you. Afterall, they were kind enough to fix the servers, even though the development of EVE Valkyrie has been stopped a long while ago.

Also, question to you, can I get the PvP wins in modes trophies against bots only, as long it is set at “Combat VS Players” matchmaking?

Edited by MaxieM0us3

3 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I think you should contact the EVE online devs and they might fix it for you. Afterall, they were kind enough to fix the servers, even though the development of EVE Valkyrie has been stopped a long while ago.

Also, question to you, can I get the PvP wins in modes trophies against bots only, as long it is set at “Combat VS Players” matchmaking?

You can do them in private matches vs other players, but there you don't rank up. :)

3 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

You can do them in private matches vs other players, but there you don't rank up. :)

Yes sure, but can you earn those trophies against bots only when set to Combat VS Players matchmaking, since this is basically the PvP mode? Considering that not many people play this game, I wouldn’t want to wait for my booster to play together and boost the wins with each other.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

27 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

you could really just get the wins in the public lobbies because you will have them all by the time you rank up to 50.  If anything you may miss the deathmatch ones in which case you can just boost that in the end.  Deathmatch were the harder ones to get versus AI unless you have several randoms in the lobby to help.

33 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

you could really just get the wins in the public lobbies because you will have them all by the time you rank up to 50.  If anything you may miss the deathmatch ones in which case you can just boost that in the end.  Deathmatch were the harder ones to get versus AI unless you have several randoms in the lobby to help.

I just reached rank 50, thanks to a x4 XP week, and yet none of the mode trophies unlocked. I’m very certain that none counted because fighting bots only, even if in Combat VS players, doesn’t count. I also refuse to fight players because most of them are Max rank and nolife good at the game, ruining your wins.

2 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I just reached rank 50, thanks to a x4 XP week, and yet none of the mode trophies unlocked. I’m very certain that none counted because fighting bots only, even if in Combat VS players, doesn’t count. I also refuse to fight players because most of them are Max rank and nolife good at the game, ruining your wins.

What? X4 xp? It's happening now?

4 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

What? X4 xp? It's happening now?

Yes, it has been active since the beginning of the week. Not sure if it lasts for long considering how dead the support for this game is, but I’d take advantage of it now, if I were you.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

5 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Yes, it has been active since the beginning of the week. Not sure if it lasts for long considering how dead the support for this game is, but I’d take advantage of it now, if I were you.

Yeah I missed that. Just played a couple rounds and I think it's not working anymore. Didn't remember how boring this game was haha

9 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Thanks for answering! Unfortunately I don't know a way to get to the Devs other than facebook, because they closed the support and the forums for this game haven't they?

And I already wrote on facebook some messages: first I was directed to the discord channel which is nonsense cause other players can't fix a trophy for me. I haven't got an answer to my second message, where I explicitly said, that you should get the trophy after you unlock 25 items (doesn't seem to matter what kind, I tested it on another account) so it is in fact glitched for me....I hope I'll get an answer...

Don't know another way of contact and there is now way of reseting my progress that I know of...

I didn't get any trophy for the modes yet, but I counted every win (with different counters for matches with actual players in the match and without). I only played combat vs players. But i will see what will count towards the trophy and what did not, when I get there but now I'm just at the half way point if every combat vs player match counts. Without the written counters I would feel lost too, cause there isn't a way of knowing how far you are...learned that in other games so I always see the light at the end of the trophy run :D.

Furthermore I would like to bump my question again, so we don't loose track what this thread is about ;).

Still very thankful for every bit of information anybody can give me!

Life

9 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

well 4x xp makes all the difference doesn't it?  Of course if you're earning xp at 4x the rate then you wouldn't have the wins by rank 50.  I didn't have that luxury when I played.  Good luck!

On 2020-04-09 at 7:17 PM, steel6burgh said:

well 4x xp makes all the difference doesn't it?  Of course if you're earning xp at 4x the rate then you wouldn't have the wins by rank 50.  I didn't have that luxury when I played.  Good luck!

But did you earn the Control, TDM and Carrier Assault wins trophies while fighting only bots in Combat VS Players matchmaking? This is all I ask about, because I don’t want to waste my time and get no wins count.

22 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

But did you earn the Control, TDM and Carrier Assault wins trophies while fighting only bots in Combat VS Players matchmaking? This is all I ask about, because I don’t want to waste my time and get no wins count.

yes they count in combat vs players or even a pricvate lobby.

• 1 month later...

Halleluja I really got it! Unfortunately I'm not 100 % sure what exactly did it, but here is what happened, so anybody who has the same problem could try the same!

Before the Warzone update I played Eve for the first time with the normal CD version for a couple of matches but I didn't get the Shopaholic trophy then, because I think then it still required you to buy 25 items...

Anyway three years later February this year I started playing again. Bought Warzone as a digital download and played that way.

The trophy requirement changed to get 25 items through capsules and maybe I already had 25 items when I started the game again, the server doesn't check it and I never got the trophy.

So after I was done with every other trophy (including the wins) I was ready to take a chance and delete the whole game including save games on the ps4 and the cloud and I used the old Eve Valkyrie CD (having to download the Warzone patch again).

After the game loaded it tried to load data from the server (purchases, unlocks and so on) and it really checked the unlocks for the trophy progress again and so I got the shopaholic and the platin trophy! 

I hope nobody has to go through that again, because for a long time I thought I would have to let the game as it was with 96 % completion!

Thx anyway to everyone I played with.

PS: I can confirm just bot matches in the player vs. player mode still count as wins! I played a lot against normale players but from time to time I changed the server and tried to get in a bot match so I don't have to play against lvl 60 all the time ;). It's still doable in a legit way for everybody, I'm the living proof :).

Edited by LifeIsSenseless