Castro's Plays 'n' Plats

evs_castro

51 minutes ago, xEl_Cidx said:

You have to start your cl from somewhere, so keep up the good work.

Thanks mate. I hope i can make an organized and cool topic so people can enjoy coming here! (:

43 minutes ago, dimi_mel said:

Nice one. Keep on keeping on, mate!

Oh yeah boi, still have a lot of games to clear from the backlog! ?

Nice list :D

Seconding the comment above, how did you find SOMA? Im a bit of a wimp when it comes to scary games, still getting up the nerve to play Alien Isolation.

I know theres a setting called 'Safe Mode' that you can use which means you cant be killed but is there a load of jump scares or is it more just a tense experience?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Nice list! What did you think of Oxenfree and SOMA? I've been thinking about playing those two.

About Oxenfree: it's a very unique game where the focus is the conversation. The lines are very well written and the voice actors did an excelent job making it look really natural, like you're watching a movie. The plot is interesting aswell and very cool once you figure it out, also the game has a very good take on the New Game + thing that it's a part of the plot. I recommend it if you're looking for a chill game. I'll answer you and Spacebar below about SOMA.

8 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Nice list :D

Seconding the comment above, how did you find SOMA? Im a bit of a wimp when it comes to scary games, still getting up the nerve to play Alien Isolation.

I know theres a setting called 'Safe Mode' that you can use which means you cant be killed but is there a load of jump scares or is it more just a tense experience?

SOMA is a decent game with a cool story if you like Sci-Fi with a take of horror. Yeah, it has a few jumpscares but is something very rare, the horror comes from the atmosphere and the tension in a few segments. I played with Safe Mode cus i really didn't wanted to keep avoiding monsters, i just wanted to enjoy the story reading stuff and solving puzzles and i'm really glad the devs incuded this option in the game.

Thank you both, you're more than welcome to just chill here whenever you want. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 7:12 PM, evs_castro said:

NEW PLATINUM ADDED

1L4ae07f.png

ADVENTURE TIME: THE SECRET OF THE NAMELESS KINGDOM (PS3)

So how did you feel about this one? I got it on a whim since it was described to me as a decent Zelda-clone. I started it on Vita but didn't have time to get much past the direct opening.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

So how did you feel about this one? I got it on a whim since it was described to me as a decent Zelda-clone. I started it on Vita but didn't have time to get much past the direct opening.

It's definitely a decent game! Like i mentioned on my description about it, there's some minor technical issues and the annoying problem with Finn not always looking at the direction you want. This makes the combat a bit frustrating, you feel that it's lacking precision.
At first the map might seem confusing but after some exploriation it will become very familiar. Trophy wise, the only problem (if you can call that) that i had was on the "no upgrades" playthrough because of the last boss. It's tough but totally doable without too much trouble.

Edited by evs_castro

1 hour ago, littleprincessJJ said:

Congrats man   , I gotta finish that myself soon finally :) u gonna do 100 % ? 

Thanks Princess, what are you missing on it? Just NG+ or the DLC aswell?

I already got 100% on it actually, AMAZING game! Haha

• Like 1

22 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

I dnt even have platinum yet 1f648.png gonna do after my 125th platinum next week 1f917.png 

Oo nice, awesome work 

Oh, i see. Well, very easy platinum, i'm sure you won't have any issues with it.
Give me a heads up if you make a checklist here or if you already have one. Cheers girl!

Edited by evs_castro
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, evs_castro said:

It's definitely a decent game! Like i mentioned on my description about it, there's some minor technical issues and the annoying problem with Finn not always looking at the direction you want. This makes the combat a bit frustrating, you feel that it's lacking precision.
At first the map might seem confusing but after some exploriation it will become very familiar. Trophy wise, the only problem (if you can call that) that i had was on the "no upgrades" playthrough because of the last boss. It's tough but totally doable without too much trouble.

Thank you for your thoughts, I've decided to reinstall it on the VIta. Gonna make it my before bed game for a while. :D

• Like 1