PS5 Controller Revealed Dualsense

Aranea Highwind

Just now, waltdisneypixar said:

not from launch . and i am buying from launch

and that does not look like a playstation controller at all

Yeah, I think so too. DS4 was quite a leap from traditional Dualshock, and now there's this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

One major step back in my opinion though is that the face buttons are just grey now, not their traditional colours. I get they were going for a modern/futuristic look, but come on... Also, the PS button looks a bit naff tbh.

Ya the PS button I was like... Well that's gonna be a bitch to press

And ya I'm gonna miss the colors, but you can bet they'll have a limited edition version with colors for a lot of money!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Another positive point I just picked up on is that they replaced the "Options" and "Share" text above the buttons with new symbols instead. Much more aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah "share" is not the create button but has a dif logo on the controller.

The "options" button looks like a generic 3 line menu logo you'd see on many common apps

I actually prefer PS4 controller design, this one looks a bit futuristic, kind of remind me a bit of the "silver" controller prototype for dual shock 3 that seemed like Batman's boomerang lol. Love the color, cuz I love white haha. Anyways, just let's hope battery really lasts compared to PS4 Dualshock, because I switch between my controllers a lot to keep playing :/.

Edited by lpgcavazos
  • Like 1

3.5mm Jack! With Mute button! How did I miss this! THAT IS GREAT!

I was so worried they would ditch 3.5mm whew

VQVLSJJ.png

But they def have to make that PS button different.... People are gonna be hitting mute instead by accident....

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

The two tone color makes that thing look hideous 

"Now, let’s talk about the colors. Traditionally our base controllers have a single color. As you can see, we went a different direction this time around, and decided on a two-toned design. "

Time to get out the spray paint

25 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I'm trying to accept your inputs, but I'm dummy thicc, and the clap of my touchpad keeps pausing the game!

I actually like everything about the design except for the color scheme.

• Like 1

so the controller is basically the ps4 controller but more changed into a kind of mix of ps4 and xbox 360 controller but they didn't remove the crappy light on it so that means half of the battery life can die off as fast as the ps4 one great. And mixing up the touchpad again is a waste of space. no one uses it, it does not help in games when you press it by mistake and it pops the map up

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

This is disappointing. If I wanted to use an Xbox controller, I'd get an Xbox. The PS4 controller is my favorite controller of all time, and this looks like it's a generic Xbox controller, which I really don't like and is one of the biggest reasons the Playstations have been my main consoles for so long. Also the light facing towards the player just sounds like a bad time. I tend to have my arms up and controller near my face when I'm playing. Especially when I get "serious". It was easy to point the PS4's light away from my face since it was on the back, but that's going to be impossible to ignore. I imagine even in my lap the light could reflect off of my glasses and be super annoying. Combined with the disappointment of their limited backwards compatibility, I may just stick to Switch and PC next gen. At least on PC I can keep using a PS4 controller, and of course the Switch has portability and GC controllers (which is my second favorite controller).

• Like 4

The stick position on the xbox controllers feels uncomfortable to me. But always wished that the Dualshock 4 had the same wide body type, but the sticks placed in the same spot like every past Dualshock controller. 

The only thing I hate is the 2 tone color scheme... 

Just doesnt look right.. 

Would be better off if the touchpad was back to black and the rest of the controller in 1 solid color and have the thumbsticks interchangeable so I can buy concave or convex and whatever color I want in the future.