PS5 Controller Revealed Dualsense

Aranea Highwind

8 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Not a big fan. I know a lot of people were in favour of a chunkier controller, but I find them more awkward to hold.

Buttons look really bland like that too.

Never got why people want larger controllers peoplle with much smaĺer hands than myself would say the ds3s were too small, never understood that.. also dont remember anyone saying ps1 and ps2 controllers were too small.. think too many weirdos got used to the duke...

• Like 1

Definitely don't like the colour scheme... 

I have nothing against two-tone schemes (I own a Alpine Green DS4), and I'm quite often drawn to black and white designs (well, my avatar and signature probably make that obvious...), but I really don't like how they handled it for the controller... It makes the controller look even more weird than it probably is.. 

Also sad to see that the right buttons are no longer in the classic colours. 

It really looks like an 80's thing trying to look futuristic... Really terrible in this day and age.. 

Really hope that we get more color options, and if the PS5 colour is something like the controller, then I will be more tempted to buy a limited edition system just to avoid it... 

Still, at this point, the only thing that I can complain about IS that stupid colour scheme.. 

5 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

Dual sense is a weird name. The controller being white won't be too bad but the whole console is probs gonna be the same scheme which is gonna look a bit too flash for my liking. Saw a mocked up image of a black version with coloured face buttons on twitter that looked real nice though 

That looks kinda perfect to me

The white version with the colors added for the buttons and the PS logo looks pretty good as well. I'd buy the one pictured below in a heartbeat (taken from post on Kotaku):

pirdbamheavaanbhokex.png

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 2

I am not thrilled with this design... it's too much of a departure, a little too much like Xbox 360 and One controllers which are a tad too big for me. The DualShock controllers are the right size- it wasn't really necessary to go for a "larger look and feel" with DualSense. Solid black would be best. Hopefully they'll come out with an alternate slimmed down design later.

Not a fan of the two tone, especially with the main being white. Colors aside, I like it the design for the most part. Wish the thumbsticks were just a little more....concave. But seeing this controller makes my DS4 seem dated?. I kind of don't even want to use it anymore and want to try the DualSense out asap.lol

My opinion morphed over the last 6 hours since I first saw it. I hated it at first.lol

Edited by AlphaExGAT

The people who do not like this controller are the ones who wear one pair of short trousers during the winter with their deluxe I am limited edition sweater. 

Jk don't hurt me. Personally, it looks phenomenal. Stylish, a good mix of bulk. Big fan 

White? ...I really hope that's not the default color scheme, because that means the PS5 will probably match it... yuck. ? This reminds me when they screwed with the PS4 notifications & made them white (which they got hell for), I guess they didn't learn their lesson. ?

As for the shape... yeah, my first thought was Xbox. Hopefully it won't be THAT bulky though (I really hate their controllers), kinda hard to tell just from those two images. :hmm:

I don’t feel this is similar to Xbox controller by any mean, the Xbox’s  one is way thicker and the grips are awful.

This one looks a bit thicker on the upper side, but still looks comfy, even more so with those new grips. I like the design, but I would also like the colored buttons, we’ll see.

Anyway, the most concerning feature are the same (or so it seems) sticks, here comes the drifting again...

3 hours ago, Masamune said:

White? ...I really hope that's not the default color scheme, because that means the PS5 will probably match it... yuck. 1f611.png This reminds me when they screwed with the PS4 notifications & made them white (which they got hell for), I guess they didn't learn their lesson. 1f605.png

As for the shape... yeah, my first thought was Xbox. Hopefully it won't be THAT bulky though (I really hate their controllers), kinda hard to tell just from those two images. :hmm:

The shape is almost certainly a consequence of the haptics. The way the ds4 lies in my hand, with only a small section of the prongs making contact, wouldn’t make the most of the tech.

Also, If you look at the Isometric picture (for want of a better term) it actually looks to be proportioned the same as the ds4 and doesn’t look quite so large. In fact, Sony say in their blog that they designed:

with a challenge of making the controller feel smaller than it really looks.”

8 hours ago, DemonicDraco said:

Wasmy favorite controler never had problems with the shoulder buttons, the sixaxis did suck but honestly who cares? Its barely used and even if it worked better it still sucks... like on the ds4.. honestly think sony puts too much extra tech in controĺers... buttons, analog sticks and a dpad is all i really want. Motion controls, lights, speakers, mics, touch pads... all either kinda pointless or sometimes annoying imo... if 3rd party controllers werent pure garbage id probably prefer em..

Ds3 was fine, but annoying when you placed it down and the shoulder buttons depressed. Also just feels cheap after using ds4.

Have to disagree about the ds4 “useless features” though: touchpad I’ll give you, but light and motion controls were necessary for VR and motion used well in other games (just under-utilised by devs as MS refused to include it); the headphone jack is fantastic if I want to play while the wife is asleep, and the speaker really used well in games like Resogun and Astro bot (but again under-utilised as third parties wouldn’t want to use it just for one system).

Edited by thefourfoldroot

4 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

The shape is almost certainly a consequence of the haptics. The way the ds4 lies in my hand, with only a small section of the prongs making contact, wouldn’t make the most of the tech.

Also, If you look at the Isometric picture (for want of a better term) it actually looks to be proportioned the same as the ds4 and doesn’t look quite so large. In fact, Sony say in their blog that they designed:

with a challenge of making the controller feel smaller than it really looks.”

Ds3 was fine, but annoying when you placed it down and the shoulder buttons depressed. Also just feels cheap after using ds4.

Have to disagree about the ds4 “useless features” though: touchpad I’ll give you, but light and motion controls were necessary for VR and motion used well in other games (just under-utilised by devs as MS refused to include it); the headphone jack is fantastic if I want to play while the wife is asleep, and the speaker really used well in games like Resogun and Astro bot (but again under-utilised as third parties wouldn’t want to use it just for one system).

I actually meant the mic built into the dual sense.. the 3.5mm jack is fine and i doubt it brings up the ds4s manufacturing cost. The light bar is annoying and a constant drain on the controller in games that do use it, its unnoticeable most of the time and crazy distracting if you play in the dark. Not sure why sony straight up refuse to give us the option to turn it off. The majority dont own a VR.