PS5 Controller Revealed Dualsense

Aranea Highwind

2 hours ago, DemonicDraco said:

I actually meant the mic built into the dual sense.. the 3.5mm jack is fine and i doubt it brings up the ds4s manufacturing cost. The light bar is annoying and a constant drain on the controller in games that do use it, its unnoticeable most of the time and crazy distracting if you play in the dark. Not sure why sony straight up refuse to give us the option to turn it off. The majority dont own a VR.

Yeah, I don’t play online so won’t use it, but that won’t  bring up the cost at these type of volumes.

also, the light in the DS4, and I presume DS, is a single tiny LED. The idea it drained the battery in any significant way is ridiculous, it just had a shit poor battery is all. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I did a search on "DualSense", just to see what would come up, & over half the images that shows are for an AEG "DualSense" dryer, & some kinda gas detector. ? That detector has a "®" mark after DualSense though, so I'm kinda surprised Sony can use it. :hmm:

22 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

Remember those weird futuristic fakes of the PS4 & Xbox 720 back in like 2011?

This looks exactly like that. 

This ↑ all the way lol ?

But really, it looks okay, design-wise. It'd probably feel great once we have it in our hands. The only thing that is holding it back, in my opinion, is that color scheme. Nothing against the white color in electronics, but the way how they decided to lay the color on the controller doesn't look nice. That same design on an all-black controller with appropriately colored face buttons would look much better. :hmm:

I don't plan to get a PlayStation 5 until late 2021 - 2022 at the earliest, when it has a good selection of games I can choose from.

Just look at all the changes the PlayStation 4 went through from November 2013 to today. It's a MUCH better system now with interface improvements, more games worth playing than you can shake a fist at, and other changes to make it an investment that pays off.

When the PS4 first came out it literally felt like it was still in the beta testing stages. I reckon it will be the same with the PS5, because there won't be enough AAA games and it's probably going to go through a whole series of changes. This includes a possible 'mid generation' upgrade that is going to enhance the system even more.

People are already looking beyond the 4K, 60 FPS scope, so it's only a matter of time.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I’d really like to see people’s hands on impressions that commented in this thread now that some people have had a chance to hold the controller. See if the initial judgement lines up with the real world experience. 

Maybe it's because I'm not used to it yet, but after an hour of playing Spider-Man remastered I don't really like it.

The L1/R1 are a lot bigger than on the Dualshock 4 and it's throwing me off.

I also don't care much for the adaptive trigger, at least in Spider-Man. I turned off the option and don't miss it. Felt like a gimmick, at least for swinging. They're probably used better in other games.

Those are my first impressions and like I said my opinion my get better when I'm more used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather then starting a new thread I'm also interested in peoples opinion for the Dualsense. 

I'll be honest, I straight up don't like it at all. It's too big and too clunky especially for first person shooters. Even though I have Cold War on the PS5 I'm playing the PS4 version because of this. The moment there is an adapter from Brook or Cronus I'll be buying one. Maybe even a third party Scuff or something but no way am I staying with the official Dualsense. It reminds me of the original Xbox and that dinner plate controller but in this case I'm stretching for the thumb sticks.

I may not play Demon's or Valhalla until an alternative is available. 

And yes you can play PS5 games through the PS4 and use the DS4 but who wants to do this for every PS5 game?

Edited by Z1MZUM

I think it’s great, don’t think it’s real world bigger than the PS4s and haven’t found myself feeling like I’m holding something foreign. 
The adaptive triggers etc are the thing on PS5 I have felt make the console feel next gen, kind of disappointed they weren’t implemented better in to Valhalla, hoping devs use them or it will just be a gimmick like so much of the Vita was. 

51 minutes ago, Dan_WatsonAU said:

I think it’s great, don’t think it’s real world bigger than the PS4s and haven’t found myself feeling like I’m holding something foreign. 
The adaptive triggers etc are the thing on PS5 I have felt make the console feel next gen, kind of disappointed they weren’t implemented better in to Valhalla, hoping devs use them or it will just be a gimmick like so much of the Vita was. 

Dan, I didn't really like the DS4 either. In fact I've used adapters for years on many different consoles and last Gen the Switch Pro is my favorite.

Dualsense, these sticks are way to close to each other in comparison to the frame of the controller imo. IDK, I play allot of COD and after an hour my hands are wrecked with this. 

People complain about the cronus max allot though I've used one for years.