How to do EVERYTHING in ONE playthrough

Optinooby

39 minutes ago, BCornish said:

Great guide man.  I used your RE7 video guide before it and was great! Looking forward to doing this today.

Hey bud,

Ive got a hardcore video going up soon. Eventually I will have a difficulties other than standard so a full platinum run which all in all, will be about 6 hours long, perhaps a bit closer to 10 for anyone following though ;)

Damn that is pretty nice. I could do most of that in one run as well (though certainly not on my first run when I didn't really know the game yet) except for the no healing because I don't think I could do that without defense or recovery coins.

What I did on my first run was:

- all Charlie dolls
- All files
- All locks
- All weapons and upgrades
- Farming all Shotgun, Handgun, Assault Rifle, Magnum and Grenade Launcher kills (had about 96.000 points after my first run)

Then once I had the layout of the game down (and had the coins) I did S rank, under 2 hours and no healing in the 2nd Assisted run (which was my 3rd run as on my 2nd run I beat Hardcore)

Couldn't do the no item box run in under 2 hours though. I did a lot of backtracking in that run and ended up with a time of about 3 hours.

1 minute ago, ferryjan said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10633-resident-evil-3/wldfq3?order=date

This guy did EVERYTHING on his FIRST playthrough, including beating the game on inferno difficulty, S rank, no healing item, no item box, all collectibles. And no inf. rocket launcher used.

What a legend xD

How did he unlock Inferno difficulty right from the start?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

How did he unlock Inferno difficulty right from the start?

I don't know. If someone let me know if there is a way to unlock inferno difficulty on first playthrough, i will try to do the same thing as the guy has done and record it (beating the game on inferno difficulty, S rank, no healing item, no item box, all collectibles and no inf. rocket launcher).

37 minutes ago, ferryjan said:

This guy did EVERYTHING on his FIRST playthrough, including beating the game on inferno difficulty, S rank, no healing item, no item box, all collectibles. And no inf. rocket launcher used.

What a legend xD

Thats impossible as Inferno isnt unlocked from the start, so obviously some sort of save hacking

And due to that, how you can be sure that he hasn't sort of hacked it to remove item box uses??

The Savewizard apparently has ways to remove item box/healing/saves/time from the system counts so you can get to the end using all that, then just remove it all. Think there are some youtube videos on it actually!

Not legit at all, but guess the player had fun for a minute....perhaps ;)

EDIT:

Found this after a quick google

http://xdgmods.com/resident-evil-3-remake-save-wizard-cheats-now-live/

Not so impressive now eh ;)

I had to work hard to make this vid, then some guys like this just go and hack it all, lmfao, ya gotta laugh right!

EDIT AGAIN:

Looking more indepth at those hacking cheats, i'd say the player went on Assisted, used God Mode (infinite health lol), maxed his ammo, then after beating the end boss, hacked his save and set it to Inferno to trick it.

Although he played on Assisted, that save editor lets you set your save to a different difficulty level by the looks off it but even if not, infinite health, infinite ammo and all unlocks, wouldn't be a problem anyway!

Sorry, just a note about the actual thread lol. I'll add my other videos to this later which all equal to approx a 7 hour platinum

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LucienNL said:

Why would people use videos on a first playthrough? Is your moma also still going to the bathroom with you? Some of you tophy hunters are the worst. 0 effort. 0 pride. 0 skill. Rushing games to get the platinum as fast as possible. Pathetic

Sometimes getting the fastest possible platinum time requires a lot of skill actually.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ferryjan said:

What a legend xD

A "legend" indeed...

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/10210-darksiders-genesis

(unless it can be triggered somehow - after "Cat Quest II" autopopping "trick" I have to be a bit more careful with my judgement :D)

Edited by Smashero

This is a trophy hunter website so to each their own, and I'll ultimately always respect that and encourage it, but does anyone really enjoy playing a new release watching guides constantly? It's like watching a movie and pausing it every 5 minutes. How does one enjoy a game like Resident Evil following a step-by-step guide the first time they play it?

I can't imagine playing Resident Evil—a survivor horror game—on the most assisted difficulty the first time just so I can get every collectible right away, all while watching another person stay 5-10 minutes ahead of me to ensure I don't miss anything. It defeats so many aspects of playing a story-driven survival game that I wonder why you'd bother in the first place.

Again, to each their own, but damn. As long as it makes you happy with the money you've spent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astray404 said:

Although I've already gotten the plat, nice vid!

(Have to say that this thread is getting crazy...)

Hear that bud ;)

You wouldn't expect so many opinions to be thrown around on a trophy hunting website, but then again, it's nowhere near as bad as gamefaqs!!

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Hear that bud ;)

You wouldn't expect so many opinions to be thrown around on a trophy hunting website, but then again, it's nowhere near as bad as gamefaqs!!

that is so true, i was on that forum last night and it seems like all they do is go back and forth about how bad/great the game is or how RE1 "needs to be done like 2/3".

Nice videos if i do get this one eventually it is good to know that the help is there should i need it.

• 2 weeks later...