Are servers region locked?

As per title, are the servers region locked? I'm in Australia and I've been screwed around with this before and unable to find a match when friends in the UK and US can play just fine. Would be good to know before I decide to start it and I can't find an answer online.

Also, are there any Aussies currently playing? What are the servers like regarding lag etc.? Another area we often get screwed over. Cheers!

2 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

As per title, are the servers region locked? I'm in Australia and I've been screwed around with this before and unable to find a match when friends in the UK and US can play just fine. Would be good to know before I decide to start it and I can't find an answer online.

Also, are there any Aussies currently playing? What are the servers like regarding lag etc.? Another area we often get screwed over. Cheers!

The game doesn't use servers when you actually play, its peer to peer. The host is always the Mastermind which puts the survivors completely at the mercy of the Masterminds internet connection. As you can imagine, this varies anything from a nice smooth connection for everyone to horrendous lag rendering it unplayable for the survivors.

• Like 3

On 08/04/2020 at 10:22 AM, ObsceneSociopath said:

The game doesn't use servers when you actually play, its peer to peer. The host is always the Mastermind which puts the survivors completely at the mercy of the Masterminds internet connection. As you can imagine, this varies anything from a nice smooth connection for everyone to horrendous lag rendering it unplayable for the survivors.

Thanks for that! Sounds like it could be a nightmare at times. How are you finding it? Worth playing? I've seen a lot of people saying they can't get in a match as the Mastermind.

8 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Thanks for that! Sounds like it could be a nightmare at times. How are you finding it? Worth playing? I've seen a lot of people saying they can't get in a match as the Mastermind.

It can be frustrating but I'm still very much enjoying it none the less. Most connections are playable with the occasional lag but you do get some that are so bad your game is a few seconds behind constantly, the worst part of the game for me is when the Mastermind realises your lagging & instead of ending it quickly starts taunting you with sprays, voicelines & emotes knowing you can't do anything about it.

I personally have had no issues finding Mastermind matches but I can understand the frustration of players who have.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

It can be frustrating but I'm still very much enjoying it none the less. Most connections are playable with the occasional lag but you do get some that are so bad your game is a few seconds behind constantly, the worst part of the game for me is when the Mastermind realises your lagging & instead of ending it quickly starts taunting you with sprays, voicelines & emotes knowing you can't do anything about it.

I personally have had no issues finding Mastermind matches but I can understand the frustration of players who have.

Yeah, that would be frustrating. I have a decent wired connection so I'm hoping I should be ok to find Mastermind matches. Although Aus internet in general does suck though so I'm still not 100% certain it will work. Did you have any issues with NAT type like others  mentioned? I saw someone suggest you need NAT type 1 which I don't really want to do.

2 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Yeah, that would be frustrating. I have a decent wired connection so I'm hoping I should be ok to find Mastermind matches. Although Aus internet in general does suck though so I'm still not 100% certain it will work. Did you have any issues with NAT type like others  mentioned? I saw someone suggest you need NAT type 1 which I don't really want to do.

Nope, no NAT issues or matchmaking issues at all. I'm still on NAT 2 & I've not had to change a single thing.

3 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Nope, no NAT issues or matchmaking issues at all. I'm still on NAT 2 & I've not had to change a single thing.

Awesome! I've played a few matches as survivors now and enjoying it. Just trying the mastermind queue for the first time. Do you normally join that way or just go random to play as mastermind? Does it take long to find a match as mastermind? Sorry for the 20 questions haha!

3 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Awesome! I've played a few matches as survivors now and enjoying it. Just trying the mastermind queue for the first time. Do you normally join that way or just go random to play as mastermind? Does it take long to find a match as mastermind? Sorry for the 20 questions haha!

I mainly play survivors as I much prefer that & have more fun as for them so I don't bother with the random que.

If I do decide to play Mastermind, I use the Mastermind que directly, during the day I generally get a Mastermind game in a couple minutes & in the evening its generally no longer than 5 minutes before I find one.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, PeachyJacobs said:

same as me, I’m in NZ and can only find games as survivor zzzz