Wow the Pro is loud playing this.

GUDGER666

I heard the fan is loud on this but didn't think it would be constant, the game was on for not even 10sec and the fan kicked in. Every game I've played that sends the fan mad it only does it in intense scenes but this is just constantly loud, really puts me off playing it. Surly hours of non stop full fan can't be good. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I heard the fan is loud on this but didn't think it would be constant, the game was on for not even 10sec and the fan kicked in. Every game I've played that sends the fan mad it only does it in intense scenes but this is just constantly loud, really puts me off playing it. Surly hours of non stop full fan can't be good. 

Man, if only you knew how loud it is when you play MGS V on an original PS4. Sounds like a jet engine.

Edited by Dark Prince
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If your PS4 is out of warranty, now would be a good time to open it up, clean it out and get some new thermal paste in there. 

Nah not gonna open it, leaving it unopened. Dust won't be the problem, it will be almost spotless inside, it's in my game room and has a dust cover on when not in use. Paste should be fine for a few more years.  First game i played on Pro was God of War and fan went crazy, took it back and next one was exactly same. Most games i play the fan is silent or only a bit loud in menus. But this is first one where it's constant, i have a 2nd model, I can't imagine what it's like on 1st model Pro. Might leave this and play it on PS5 where fan should be silent. 

Edited by GUDGER666

my ps4 normal had fan issues with MGS: V when in a helicopter. 

Ps4 pro has had no issues with the fan noise. It's consistently quiet and ive played Spiderman and God of War. i do wipe the sides of my consoles (side for pro, top for xbox one) and i have never had fan noise.

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Mine is loud too, but not constant. It starts when fully loaded and it kicks in the most during the combat and it decreases when I'm back to swinging. No issues to the console (pro bought on release Nov. 2016) I have a good amount of space on each side to prevent over-heating. Clean it/wipe it every 2-3 weeks or so.

I understand if you want to hold off to play it on PS5. One game in particular that I won't touch is No Man's Sky. My pro sounds like a fuckin jet with that game.

Edited by Ghost

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Mine is loud too, but not constant. It starts when fully loaded and it kicks in the most during the combat and it decreases when I'm back to swinging. No issues to the console (pro bought on release Nov. 2016) I have a good amount of space on each side to prevent over-heating. Clean it/wipe it every 2-3 weeks or so.

I understand if you don't want to play it and want to wait for PS5. One game in particular that I won't touch is No Man's Sky. My pro sounds like a fuckin jet with that game.

Yea mine is well ventilated, it's on its own little stand with nothing round it, i clean mine every week. I tried the game by streaming it on PS Now, can tell the graphics aren't as good but it still looks great and the Pro is silent. Might just play it like this, the graphics downgrade is worth the silent fan. And damn i bought No Mans Sky when i had my standard PS4 and it was silent, is it that bad on Pro?

Edited by GUDGER666

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea mine is well ventilated, it's on its own little stand with nothing round it, i clean mine every week. I tried the game by streaming it on PS Now, can tell the graphics aren't as good but it still looks great and the Pro is silent. Might just play it like this, the graphics downgrade is worth the silent fan. And damn i bought No Mans Sky when i had my standard PS4 and it was silent, is it that bad on Pro?

Same as you, mine is on a stand as well. Did you try both methods? Downloaded the game and streaming to see if the fan is the same?

The game looks amazing if you download it and run HDR on it.

About No Man's Sky....yea it was pretty bad. I started the game last Summer in August and the sound of the fan gave me that "What the fuck?" moment. But I guess it's due to all the hours I put it on the console and my room gets really humid in the summer.

I'll try it on PS5. I'm not in a rush to play it.

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Same as you, mine is on a stand as well. Did you try both methods? Downloaded the game and streaming to see if the fan is the same?

The game looks amazing if you download it and run HDR on it.

Yea its silent when streaming, just like using Netflix or YouTube. Downloaded version the fan goes mad after 10sec. I'm using a 1080p TV, doesn't have HDR. Turned Supersampling off and that made no difference. I will play a bit more tomorrow, if fans don't calm down i will just stream it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...