GUDGER666

Wow the Pro is loud playing this.

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I heard the fan is loud on this but didn't think it would be constant, the game was on for not even 10sec and the fan kicked in. Every game I've played that sends the fan mad it only does it in intense scenes but this is just constantly loud, really puts me off playing it. Surly hours of non stop full fan can't be good. 

Edited by GUDGER666
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I heard the fan is loud on this but didn't think it would be constant, the game was on for not even 10sec and the fan kicked in. Every game I've played that sends the fan mad it only does it in intense scenes but this is just constantly loud, really puts me off playing it. Surly hours of non stop full fan can't be good. 

Man, if only you knew how loud it is when you play MGS V on an original PS4. Sounds like a jet engine.

Edited by Dark Prince
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If your PS4 is out of warranty, now would be a good time to open it up, clean it out and get some new thermal paste in there. 

Nah not gonna open it, leaving it unopened. Dust won't be the problem, it will be almost spotless inside, it's in my game room and has a dust cover on when not in use. Paste should be fine for a few more years.  First game i played on Pro was God of War and fan went crazy, took it back and next one was exactly same. Most games i play the fan is silent or only a bit loud in menus. But this is first one where it's constant, i have a 2nd model, I can't imagine what it's like on 1st model Pro. Might leave this and play it on PS5 where fan should be silent. 

Edited by GUDGER666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my ps4 normal had fan issues with MGS: V when in a helicopter. 

 

Ps4 pro has had no issues with the fan noise. It's consistently quiet and ive played Spiderman and God of War. i do wipe the sides of my consoles (side for pro, top for xbox one) and i have never had fan noise.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No issues on my PS4 (non-Pro).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I heard the fan is loud on this but didn't think it would be constant, the game was on for not even 10sec and the fan kicked in. Every game I've played that sends the fan mad it only does it in intense scenes but this is just constantly loud, really puts me off playing it. Surly hours of non stop full fan can't be good. 

 

Mine is loud too, but not constant. It starts when fully loaded and it kicks in the most during the combat and it decreases when I'm back to swinging. No issues to the console (pro bought on release Nov. 2016) I have a good amount of space on each side to prevent over-heating. Clean it/wipe it every 2-3 weeks or so.

 

I understand if you want to hold off to play it on PS5. One game in particular that I won't touch is No Man's Sky. My pro sounds like a fuckin jet with that game.

Edited by Ghost
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

 

Mine is loud too, but not constant. It starts when fully loaded and it kicks in the most during the combat and it decreases when I'm back to swinging. No issues to the console (pro bought on release Nov. 2016) I have a good amount of space on each side to prevent over-heating. Clean it/wipe it every 2-3 weeks or so.

 

I understand if you don't want to play it and want to wait for PS5. One game in particular that I won't touch is No Man's Sky. My pro sounds like a fuckin jet with that game.

Yea mine is well ventilated, it's on its own little stand with nothing round it, i clean mine every week. I tried the game by streaming it on PS Now, can tell the graphics aren't as good but it still looks great and the Pro is silent. Might just play it like this, the graphics downgrade is worth the silent fan. And damn i bought No Mans Sky when i had my standard PS4 and it was silent, is it that bad on Pro?

Edited by GUDGER666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea mine is well ventilated, it's on its own little stand with nothing round it, i clean mine every week. I tried the game by streaming it on PS Now, can tell the graphics aren't as good but it still looks great and the Pro is silent. Might just play it like this, the graphics downgrade is worth the silent fan. And damn i bought No Mans Sky when i had my standard PS4 and it was silent, is it that bad on Pro?

 

Same as you, mine is on a stand as well. Did you try both methods? Downloaded the game and streaming to see if the fan is the same?

The game looks amazing if you download it and run HDR on it.

 

About No Man's Sky....yea it was pretty bad. I started the game last Summer in August and the sound of the fan gave me that "What the fuck?" moment. But I guess it's due to all the hours I put it on the console and my room gets really humid in the summer.

 

I'll try it on PS5. I'm not in a rush to play it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost said:

 

Same as you, mine is on a stand as well. Did you try both methods? Downloaded the game and streaming to see if the fan is the same?

The game looks amazing if you download it and run HDR on it.

Yea its silent when streaming, just like using Netflix or YouTube. Downloaded version the fan goes mad after 10sec. I'm using a 1080p TV, doesn't have HDR. Turned Supersampling off and that made no difference. I will play a bit more tomorrow, if fans don't calm down i will just stream it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I don't mind if my PS4 Pro goes loud. I just used my headset instead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue here, also got its own stand with a built in cooling fan. Everything else I do is pretty normal, and the moment I start the game, the jet engines come on

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an original fat PS4 and I've never had a problem with the fan. However, God of War made my PS4 into a jet engine lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Mine is mostly loud AF when i control Peter in story area like the laboratory... its so weird and make no sense, its like they forgot to cap the FPS and it just going through the roof with 150+ fps

Edited by Schalde-1982
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t say mine is loud (6yo og PS4 with 2tb ssd) I’ve opened mine up and cleaned it out. Sounds and runs perfectly

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shakie19 said:

Wouldn’t say mine is loud (6yo og PS4 with 2tb ssd) I’ve opened mine up and cleaned it out. Sounds and runs perfectly

This thread is about the Pros.... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pro has never been loud. On any game!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The loudest my pro has been was on Wolfenstein 2. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.