Which games have denied you the platinum trophy?

ain_sr

I have been playing Doom and enjoying slaying  the demons immensely. However I recently came to know about "What else you got" trophy glitch, which has sent my anxiety levels to the seventh heaven as I clearly see the symptoms before it glitches! The trophy requires all the challenges to be completed on each mission. If it glitches out then I will have to play the game from scratch and hope for it to pop. It brought back my previous bad experience of trophy glitch form Life is Strange 1. 

In Life is Strange I am missing one collectible trophy from its last chapter as it glitched out on me. Tried playing from scratch and yet it glitched again. It left a bitter taste in my mouth and I do not ever want to go play it again! It's probably because it was story driven game and was frustrating to go through the same story again! Trophy bugs really bugs me out, I don't know why most devs never fix the trophy glitches, it's  so annoying that it diminishes the overall experience of the game for me. Guess I will have to blankly stare into the 98% completion of Life is strange till Oblivion while hoping for a glitch-free Doom!

UPDATE:Hail thee Doomslayer, "Thy Flesh Consumed"! Doom challenge trophy didn't glitch on me and I have finally got the Platinum now :D!

What has been your unfinished platinum due to a gltich? Would you go back to it?

Edited by ain_sr
  • Like 2

Well not glitch. Rayman Legends English version takes to much time on the online challenge so i'm 40% on that but then again knowing people harboring cheating glitch getting Diamond Cups each time pisses me off. The Chinese version was much better for me to platinum it still 1 million lums is annoying.

• Like 1

For me is the legendary hunter trophy for wildlands,it requires you to collect all the collectibles in the map which it is alone takes around 10 hours or so and after i've collected all of them it doesnt pop. Some people suggested another playthrough and try to collect a bit of those collectibles will unlock the trophy but to no avail. 

The devs will not even patch it and they have ignored the several attempts from the community to fix it.

1 hour ago, ain_sr said:

I have been playing Doom and enjoying slaying  the demons immensely. However I recently came to know about "What else you got" trophy glitch, which has sent my anxiety levels to the seventh heaven as I clearly see the symptoms before it glitches! The trophy requires all the challenges to be completed on each mission. If it glitches out then I will have to play the game from scratch and hope for it to pop. It brought back my previous bad experience of trophy glitch form Life is Strange 1. 

In Life is Strange I am missing one collectible trophy from its last chapter as it glitched out on me. Tried playing from scratch and yet it glitched again. It left a bitter taste in my mouth and I do not ever want to go play it again! It's probably because it was story driven game and was frustrating to go through the same story again! Trophy bugs really bugs me out, I don't know why most devs never fix the trophy glitches, it's  so annoying that it diminishes the overall experience of the game for me. Guess I will have to blankly stare into the 98% completion of Life is strange till Oblivion while hoping for a glitch-free Doom!

What has been your unfinished platinum due to a gltich? Would you go back to it?

3d dot game heroes did that to me with the swords as the moonsword was the last one I needed for mostly getting everything in place before going for form mode and spiker mode event and mode along with the beating the game with the princess was easy but the swords trophy was the hardest and it was because of the dash races.

but because it only gave me 100 gold then the sword I was pissed off that I stopped and redone another play of the game but had to reearn all the swords again along with the dash one, and the last sword as of late was the race one as I made it a point to get the moonsword as soon as I could and the other swords that are event based as well but after 6 long years of trying at that f ing race I got it in the end it is one of the plats am very happy to have and it is a big mark for me.

It's not glitched but I'm currently having that problem with Crypt Of The Necrodancer... All characters low% is absolutely brutal. The amount of good luck the game needs to give you to complete it is literally the equivalent to winning the lottery.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UltraFire121 said:

Well not glitch. Rayman Legends English version takes to much time on the online challenge so i'm 40% on that but then again knowing people harboring cheating glitch getting Diamond Cups each time pisses me off. The Chinese version was much better for me to platinum it still 1 million lums is annoying.

Man, fuck Rayman Legends forever. Such a beautiful, fun, atmospheric game. It hit all the right notes and...hey, why does the trophy guide say 3 months to 100% when I only have a world left to do?

Oh. That's why.

Also to answer OP's question, I had to do the fucking poker trophy in RDR 1 twice. For those unfamiliar, you need to get 5 other people to stick around for the most tedious 6+ games of poker ever which last 30 minutes each. All you do is press X or square or which one it was every 10 seconds. For at least 3 hours.

I say 6+ games because: The lobby needs to be full when the game starts, random d/c at the right time fucks you over, start again, the player going for it doesn't see it unlock so we do it again, then a third time until he figures out he already had it, another player AFK's, the trophy just doesn't unlock sometimes, the server crashes, the server freezes, the server lags, the player falls asleep and forgets to click, the player mis-clicks, and so on. No, the players fucking up is not the player's fault after 3 hours or pressing X every 10 seconds AND NOTHING FUCKING ELSE.

Imagine the final Rayman Legends trophy not popping after the 3 months of daily grind. I would probably eat some barbed wire, pull it out both holes, and floss myself to death. Same for RDR.

Edited by Vladu24
  • Like 4

I only ran into two glitches that tired to keep me from the plat on PSN.  Gem Smashers has one that requires formatting to resolve and Zero no Kiseki Evolution has a glitch with the monster notebook not recording an entry sometimes and the only resolution is to replay without carrying over the notebook data.  I went back and did get both plats, but the Zero no Kiseki one was especially frustrating because the inaccurate info regarding trophies in that game is bad enough as it is.  Once I found out I needed another run thanks to that glitch, I also found out the guide I was using was wrong and difficulty trophies didn't stack, so I was going to need another playthrough anyhow.

I did have an issue with Ys Origin on PS4 where I was grinding for level 60.  I was maybe 1000 experience away from it and then the game froze  It had been hours since I last saved, so I had to redo all that.  I learned my lesson, save often when doing excessively grindy trophies.

But really, I don't run into many issues with glitches preventing me from getting the plat on PSN.  Consoles tend to be a lot better about having working trophies/achievements than Steam is.

Generation Zero. I’ve had two trophies bug out on me. The first one was for completing the final mission which didn’t pop, so I’d have to delete my save and replay again due to the way characters work on that one. I was a bit annoyed but prepared to do that. I wanted to mop up collectibles first though, so started working through the lists. I completed the gnomes and once again the trophy never popped. So now I would need to do a new collectible run as well as a new playthrough and honestly I’m just not willing to put that much more time into a buggy mess of a game. So now I’m sitting at 94% completion and incredibly bitter. 

The game is still being updated by devs but honestly it’s a long way from being playable imo. I really wanted to enjoy it, but having to power through bug after bug it’s just a chore. 100% do not recommend ?? 

the only one that potentially was gamebreaking was just cause 3. one of the island trophy's decided to glitch on me which resulted in me needing to do another playthrough while finishing the main game to deactivate one of the island defenses so i could sucessfully liberate all of the provinces all over again.

• Like 1

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
There's a trophy where you have to collect all the gold parts for your final gear and turn them to be forged. Never got that trophy. I don't really feel like playing through this game all over again. Probably will after I get over it.

Vanquish (PS3)
 This game didn't really "screw" me, but that last challenge is rage-inducing. Probably won't ever get this plat unless someone wants to come over and get it for me.

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
The timed races don't give you enough time to complete them. I don't own the game anymore, probably won't get this plat either.

None.

A few, like Assassins Creed Brotherhood on the PS3 and Grand Theft Auto V on the PS3 I will probably never finish due to online being shitty. Brotherhood is possible to get in 5 - 6 hours of boosting, but knowing how crappy Ubisoft servers can be, probably won't do that anytime soon.

Nothing sticks out at me for having a trophy glitch before the platinum. I generally do a bit of research on every game I intend to platinum and if the trophy glitches are too much I generally avoid those games to play other titles.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, it has a glitched trophy in  the grindy Story Assembler trophy and of course, it glitched out on me, don't feel like trying my luck at unlocking it again.

That's the main reason why I haven't started playing the story yet on mine. I'm so scared I'm going to have it glitched and I know if that happens, I'll probably be in the same boat as you.

I can't personally think of any glitches that denied me the platinum. Most of the time, it's my own lack of motivation to complete games that get in my way. Luckily, I'm 100% okay with that though so it doesn't really bother me.

I did have glitched trophies for Tomb Raider Underworld that forced me to play the game 2.5 times, and honestly, that's 2.5 more times than I should've played it. Top 5 worst PS3 games I've played, hands down. Almost gave up on it.

Also, oddly enough, I had the story mode trophy glitch on me for Soundshapes and had to redo the entire story (I even did the first level of death mode, and nothing popped), but that didn't bother me nearly as much as Tomb Raider Underworld. 

• Like 1

Dragon Fantasy Book II

I really wanted to platinum the game, it's just a good ol rpg (like FF1 (book I) and Chrono Trigger (book II)) that isn't long or convoluted. Great games

BUT 

Near the end of the game there are some golden skulls that always crashed the ps4(not the game! The PS4!). After the 3rd crash I said it wasn't worth risking the console.

And I really liked the series and the background on why the series was created, its a bittersweet story on how the series was created.

I hope we eventually get a 3rd game

Edited by Dav9834

13 hours ago, KANERKB said:

3d dot game heroes did that to me with the swords as the moonsword was the last one I needed for mostly getting everything in place before going for form mode and spiker mode event and mode along with the beating the game with the princess was easy but the swords trophy was the hardest and it was because of the dash races.

but because it only gave me 100 gold then the sword I was pissed off that I stopped and redone another play of the game but had to reearn all the swords again along with the dash one, and the last sword as of late was the race one as I made it a point to get the moonsword as soon as I could and the other swords that are event based as well but after 6 long years of trying at that f ing race I got it in the end it is one of the plats am very happy to have and it is a big mark for me.

I had the same problem with swords. Though I managed to get the dash sword, got all swords needed. I spent most of the time doing all requirements to all swords then actually playing the rest of the game. Until I found there was a missable sword that requires to speak with the Dev team in a cave, before going to a temple. So I have to play the game again, complete the same minigames again (the blocks minigames is the most painful imo) and... Meh, I'll give another shot some other day... In 2050.

Edited by TurtlePM

Collectibles on Mad Max , the game has a ton of them and right at the end... It didnt registrered one somewhere...  And this after spending 2 nights in a row getting a really hard challenge.  After the trophy glitched on me, i uninstalled the game right away, witch is kinda of a shame, it was fun. 

Adventure time: pirates of the enchiridon. 2 separate glitches each on a different playthrough.  First one some of the penguins were missing, replayed and got all the penguins but this time none of the random pirate ships spawned. Just missing the complete all side quests trophy but not sure i wanna give it a 3rd attempt 

20 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

Collectibles on Mad Max , the game has a ton of them and right at the end... It didnt registrered one somewhere...  And this after spending 2 nights in a row getting a really hard challenge.  After the trophy glitched on me, i uninstalled the game right away, witch is kinda of a shame, it was fun. 

The scavenging glitch. Avalanche Studios never bothered to fix it even after update 1.06.

Sucks. Quite a few people got screwed by the scavenging locations, which explains the sub 10 percent rarity. Also some challenges like killing 15 enemies by boarder spikes becomes a bitch if you cleared out all the territory in the game, since you have to rely on Buzzards to come out and try to attack you.