Which games have denied you the platinum trophy?

ain_sr

it might be dreams because of the time it takes to reach level 30

I'm lvl 22 right now and knowing each level takes 2-3(?) hours is just... meh

from time to time I plan to go back to it to play some of the new creations and maybe someday I will reach 30...

I've been lucky to be able to get the few glitched trophies to finally pop.

Assassin's Creed Unity: Complete all training missions glitched. I had to redo every mission again in one go. Wasted about half an hour to finally get it to pop.

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell: Beat the game glitched. Check my trophy list and you will noticed that Complete ALL of the Challenges popped and Beat the Game didn't.

I was doing co-op and helped two guys to finish the game so it was shown to be finished in my Challenges but no trophy. I had to restart and beat the ending again to finally fix it.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan: Found all Secrets! glitched. The very last secret that my co-op partner found would not unlock for me. We tried to get it to unlock 4 times. I just gave up and had to wait for the Curators Cut dlc to came out to get it. Re-played the whole game again. But it finally unlocked.

Doom 2016: Complete all Mission Challenges glitched early. So when I was grinding kills by restarting a check point I got the What Else Ya Got? trophy early...somehow. I was so worried that I had glitched my way out of the Plat. Thankfully it didn't screw me up. Still had to do all the mission challenges. ?

Borderlands 3: Decipher all of the Eridian Slabs. glitched. Yeah had to re-read the large Slab several times to finally unlock the trophy.

Complete all the Circles of Slaughter. glitched. In my favor. Slaughterstar 3000 - First round I get halfway though but someone got stuck in a wall so I had to restart. Second round I got to the end, and didn't know it had a boss; I stupidly died and I could of killed the boss with my final breath but didn't. Third round I died halfway though and for some reason it counted as a win and was checked as done.  I had to do the two other Circles of Slaughter to see if it had glitched in a bad way for me.

• Like 2

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD and Metal Gear Solid 3 HD. MGS2 was probably the worst of two, not because of the trophy, but it's impossible to advance in the game. How? Let me explain.

In the Plant chapter, there's a part shortly after the beginning where you have to defuse bombs. The higher the difficulty, the more bombs to defuse. On Hard/Extreme, one of the bombs is located on a crate that's on a moving conveyer belt. When i started my Hard playthrough, that's where it came to an end, because there were no crates on the conveyer belt, and thus, i couldn't advance. Not only that, but a certain alternate mission for MGS1 Snake was much harder because of this (which was set on this location).

There's also a trophy (Vamp Eyer) which also glitched. I had to try few times before it popped. From what i remember reading, there are two parts where he can be spotted. The trophy popped up in a latter.

MGS3 was less troublesome, but because of those two trophies (The Cat's out of the Bag and Snake Eyes) glitched, i couldn't get the platinum back then. I tried few times, but no luck.

How did i fix these? Back then, i didn't own a HD TV (a shameful fact). About an year later or so, i got one and decided to finish these two. Got both platinums after a while. Also, when i platinumed MGS3, it was my birthday, so i guess i could say that platinum was a nice gift.

Edited by MrGarland
  • Like 2

My worst experience with that was in Micro Machines World Series..

While playing the game I was sick at home with a cold and I would've been the first plat achiever in the world, but the last achievement (get all stuff for one car) glitched out on me and I had to grind another 2 days to finish another car and only got 5th worldwide. That annoyed me only a bit :D 

21 hours ago, DeathShadoow said:

For me is the legendary hunter trophy for wildlands,it requires you to collect all the collectibles in the map which it is alone takes around 10 hours or so and after i've collected all of them it doesnt pop. Some people suggested another playthrough and try to collect a bit of those collectibles will unlock the trophy but to no avail. 

The devs will not even patch it and they have ignored the several attempts from the community to fix it.

@DeathShadoow  I had to partly play operation Oracle to get the collectables trophies to pop. Hope this helps

8 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

Collectibles on Mad Max , the game has a ton of them and right at the end... It didnt registrered one somewhere...  And this after spending 2 nights in a row getting a really hard challenge.  After the trophy glitched on me, i uninstalled the game right away, witch is kinda of a shame, it was fun. 

It's possible that you missed one that is obtainable. There have been a good amount of people who think they're victim to the scavenging glitch but actually weren't.

• Like 1

None through glitches so far, though The Forest came pretty close because there were glitchy trophies in abundance, most noteworthy one was the Spelunker trophy that takes forever and I had to do it several times thanks to it glitching out. Had to get creative with some of the others as well, such a waste because it is actually a pretty good game, but that soured the experience for me quite a bit.

With non glitched denies there is only Super Meat Boy so far, 2 ironman trophies to go for the plat and I make no promises to actually ever get that thing if it takes too long, that one is years in the making by now, disgustingly difficult.

Lovecraft's Untold Stories

There is a trophy for reaching 100% of events in each and every level. Thing is, some levels and/or events are bugged and do not allow 100%, so there we are. Seems even the trophy for 75% is glitched.

The devs fixed the PC version more than 6 months ago, and we are still waiting for the update to reach the console versions. Sigh... ?

I got a few games which have gave up on (recently, but not forever). I do want to return to these games eventually because I believe myself still capable of earning at least a few more trophies.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: The harsh reality is I'll never get the platinum because of the online trophies, which has massively deterred me from doing the rest of the remaining trophies I got left. I shall return someday to do those kombo challenges though.

Crash Bandicoot: I do not remember these games being that hard!!!!! This was the first game I ever rage quit off the trophy list. I FLIPPING HATE THE HIGH ROAD!!!! I borrowed that game from a friend anyways, so I'll have to pick up the game again sometime.

Driveclub: It's not the platinum I'm worried about, it's the 100%. I'm playing the stupid Ignition DLC and I can't get all of the stars! I feel like I am doing everything right and still come out massively shorthanded against the borderline unfair AI and pitiful time trials!!! Because it makes me feel like that, it really is depressing to me that I just can't figure out how to get better. 

Call of Duty: Black Ops III: Personal Decorator. enough said. I'm just not motivated to do it. 

Overall, I do encourage everyone to never give up on a game because you are stuck. Whether it be a glitch or difficulty, that trophy is still doable. Maybe you just need some time off. Return when you are ready, and conquer!!

• Like 1

Twisted Metal

I would have worked towards getting the Platinum. I loved the game. Unfortunately too many of the online games were glitched. I saw the online trophies as a fun challenge if they weren't so glitched. Plus I think the servers are gone now.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Shock & Awe Extreme. The only challenge I had to beat. Unfortunately I stopped playing and never got back to this game.

11 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I had the same problem with swords. Though I managed to get the dash sword, got all swords needed. I spent most of the time doing all requirements to all swords then actually playing the rest of the game. Until I found there was a missable sword that requires to speak with the Dev team in a cave, before going to a temple. So I have to play the game again, complete the same minigames again (the blocks minigames is the most painful imo) and... Meh, I'll give another shot some other day... In 2050.

for me I had found that the block mini game and the defending mini game to be ok to play just hated the race the most, annoyed me to no end.

Also on topic again another game I did was dead space 3 messed up due to the death bug at the end of the game where once the cut scene ends and the final boss starts the platform disappears and you fall into nothing and die, I had tried everything and in the end had a friend co op with me near the end to get the plat but they basically killed the boss by them self as I was stuck in limbo but didn't die.

Edited by KANERKB

For me so far, it has to be The Witcher 3's 'Master Marksman' trophy, which requires you to get 50 headshot kills with the crossbow, on humans/elves. Thing is, the headshot recognition in the game is GARBAGE, and even at point blank range, it is not assured that it will be counted as a headshot. It took me years to finally do the tedious grind that is this trophy.

The other one that I'm still not sure I'll ever be able to do is The Last of Us's multiplayer trophies, which requre you to play about 150 matches, and win most of the time. Thing is, the connection algorithm for the MP is also GARBAGE, as it connects/disconnects me all the time during matches, making the multiplayer LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE. (This is not the case for any other online game for me, only TLOU)

BTW, if any of you encountered the same problem above, and was able to fix it tell me how :D 

Munchkin: Quacked Quest

Asmodee Digital shouldn't be allowed to publish games. Period. After contacting support for over 4 months (since the game's release), I finally got a reply which basically said it was something I was doing wrong and not an issue with their shitty imagining of Munchkin. To this day, every version of Munchkin is fucked across four different platforms.

The only one for me would be Twisted Metal. I really loved that game, it comes in my Top 10 of PS3 games easily. I managed to get all offline trophies and really wanted that plat but I procastrinated too much and servers closed before I could even realize.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on the PS3.

I did the multiplayer, something a lot of people find trouble with but it all worked out for me. I completed the campaign and was on my way to getting the collectibles completed. Then I finished the collectibles (both feathers and then flags) and nothing popped for both. I thought weird, I'll just reload a file before it. Nope. Though I did get the Uplay notification that I completed the challenges. That should mean the trophy needs to pop right? At this point I was annoyed that everything was working fine until it randomly decided not to as I neared completing everything. I figured maybe I could do another trophy and just try for that later. I tried an easy one (replay a memory) and when I completed it, the Uplay notification popped that I did it but no trophy. 

Looking it up, very few get this glitch and the fix is to remove the save data and game data, reinstall the game, and hope it doesn't happen again. No backup saves fix it. So it's pretty much do everything again and hope for the best.

Maybe someday.

Lord of the Rings Conquest because Pandemic RIPd. 

Destiny 1 because when I finally got to an active Fireteam, and did the Raid without dying, neither of those 2 trophies popped. And they never helped me again, so. 

Destiny 2 because of what TheTrophyBaron said. 

almost Two Worlds 2 because of a trophy that required you to open every single locked door or something like that. I dont know what happened but 3 years later I got back to the game and it worked, it was a door near a beach. 

15 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Driveclub: It's not the platinum I'm worried about, it's the 100%. I'm playing the stupid Ignition DLC and I can't get all of the stars! I feel like I am doing everything right and still come out massively shorthanded against the borderline unfair AI and pitiful time trials!!! Because it makes me feel like that, it really is depressing to me that I just can't figure out how to get better.

Wait until you do Venom Hot Lap 2 in Elements and One Man One Engine in AMG. Then you can bitch and complain. ?

• Like 1

Grand Theft Auto V

Back in 2014, I had completed all missions except for one, which was needed for Career Criminal (100% Game Completion). That particular mission never triggered for me and it seemed to be a glitch, and it ultimately soured my trophy hunting motivation. I ended up going on a 6-month hiatus from Apr 2014 - Sep 2014 where I didn't play anything, I was also going through a hard time in life during this period so that could also be why. Interesting that you can trace life events with your trophy statistics lmao! But I bounced back in October 2014 and started a new game from scratch, luckily that mission spawned the second time and the rest is history.

• Like 1

I was denied the LUMINES Remastered Platinum for almost a year and a half because I just could not for the life of me complete the VS CPU mode without using a continue. I literally had every other LUMINES trophy from every other game released on PS3 / PS Vita - except this one. No matter how good I was at the game the AI would decide to win randomly / I'd lose my focus and make too many mistakes / become demotivated.

It was the first trophy that I felt like I couldn't earn even despite how hard I was trying for it.

I earned it a few days ago and it was the sweetest feeling.

• Like 2