PlayStation 5 Dualsense First Impression Poll

PooPooBlast

What do you think of the Dualsense 5?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Dualsense 5?

• Sony has outdone themselves. Controller looks very slick and I can't wait to try it out.
    • It's decent but could've been better.
    • I'm impartial about it. So long as I have a functional controller between my hands, I'm content
    • I don't like it. There are some features I wanted that aren't there.
    • The controller is lacking and looks like horse crap. I don't know what Sony engineers were smoking.

1 minute ago, breakXedge said:

Yeah, whatever. It's just unconfortable to have one stick up and one down. I don't think there's a "standard".

It kinda has become the standard though with Nintendo doing it too, its actually not that bad, I play ps3 games with that button layout sometimes.

Making a snap judgement based on a picture probably isn't the best, but I am in the club that don't like it. I'm hoping that a more traditional Dualshock releases down the line whether 3rd party or official but maybe I'll get used to this new one. Thing for me is the picture looks a lot like other controllers I've used and they've all been really uncomfortable to hold so I have a similar image in my head and it could be nothing like that in reality. First impressions though aren't good for me.

I'm impartial about it. Hard to say without holding the controller and actually using it. If the touchpad is inaccurate, doesn't really matter how much I like or don't like the design. I'm also curious how heavy it'll be, what the battery life is, what's the durability of it (if I drop it on hardwood floor for example). Too many unknowns for me.

I will say I'm not a fan of the white controller as it's easy to see how dirty they get.

1 hour ago, Todd Coward said:

The standard is what the majority is using. Look at Nintendo Switch. They use that as well.

Microsoft's design is hardly standard. Plenty of third party companies copy the dual shock design as well

Looks okay but it looks like it'll be more comfortable since it looks similar to the xbox controller. I personally found DS4 to look better than the Xbox controller but the Xbox controller felt more comfortable in my hands than DS4. 

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

that is ugly AF.  Thanks for pointing out it could always be worse

It might be ugly, but X360 controller is the best controller I've ever used. It just fits perfectly in my hands.

55 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

It looks like it’s wearing a bra. If the DualShock 4 works with PS5, will use that.

Now that you mention it, it does look like underwear, now I can't unsee this thanks lol.

• Like 1

Im reserving myself till i hold and use it first hand. I didnt like the PS4 controller when it was first shown and now i collect the damn things lol same with the Gamecube, its one of my favourite and to this day confortable controllers IMO but when i first saw it in Magazines etc i thought it looked like Nintendo had licensed it from the same that made that colourful little xylophone/piano thing that toddlers play with ? anybody else thinks it looks like the androids from Detroit when the skin isnt on... ?

40 minutes ago, Juzota said:

It might be ugly, but X360 controller is the best controller I've ever used. It just fits perfectly in my hands.

true, how it feels/handles will be most important but I never liked XBox controllers, too bulky

• Like 3

So far based on some info from the PS blog post and the OP picture: I just hope it feels comfortable ultimately. 

Things I like about the new controller so far (in-no particular order):

- Adding light bar to the top/face of the controller.

- They didn't mess with the stick/dpad location

- Added mic for quick chat (assuming there is an option to disable this....sometimes I don't want my mic on and I prefer headsets anyway)

Things I'm not a fan of so far:

- Two-tone color scheme (maybe a chance to buy a specialty controller instead or a different color at least)

- The general shape (looks too much like an xbox controller which I was never a fan). At least size comparison is similar to DS4.

- The plain looking buttons. I like the color coded blue X, red O, etc etc.

• Like 1

I think it looks shit cool and it also looks very comfy. Having swapped between maining PlayStations and Xbox's over the different, I can honestly say that I don't have a preference with regards to the stick layout either way. 

On 8.4.2020 at 7:48 PM, Juzota said:

Not really. I did not like the battery holder thing. It felt uncomfortable, because my fingers had claustrophobia... And eh, it is a joke that the XBox SXS controller is still using batteries...

The looks are great but I'm really worried about how fat it looks. I find xbox controllers utterly unplayable with how large they are in my hands and i end up with so much strain with long term use from having to fully extend to press buttons so I'm very concerned that the enjoyment of playing will be gone next generation for me. Hard to tell with pictures though, i thought the same of the DS4 and that fit my hands great.