PlayStation 5 Dualsense First Impression Poll

PooPooBlast

What do you think of the Dualsense 5?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Dualsense 5?

• Sony has outdone themselves. Controller looks very slick and I can't wait to try it out.
    • It's decent but could've been better.
    • I'm impartial about it. So long as I have a functional controller between my hands, I'm content
    • I don't like it. There are some features I wanted that aren't there.
    • The controller is lacking and looks like horse crap. I don't know what Sony engineers were smoking.

Decent but could've been better. There's one thing that bothers me.

It's looking a little too bulky, like an Xbox series controller. Sony had the size just right with the DualShock series. Why change that? Hopefully they'll slim down the DualSense into a smaller model sometime, just as Microsoft did with the Xbox Controller 360 S.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

I didn't need time to get used to it. I loved it right away. Had to convince my friends that the departure of the traditional black is actually a good thing, since their console competition likes to brand themselves as a black box.

It is an indisputable fact that the PS5 will stand out, noticeably different, from the Xbox Sex now. Huge fan of the two-tone look, especially since the PC that I built also is black and white. Hoping that the console follows this bold move, but wouldn't be terribly surprised to see that it's a white box.

Sony outdid themselves.

4 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

It's looking a little too bulky, like an Xbox series controller. Sony had the size just right with the DualShock series. Why change that? Hopefully they'll slim down the DualSense into a smaller model sometime, just as Microsoft did with the Xbox Controller 360 S.

Yeah, no.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

Not really. I did not like the battery holder thing. It felt uncomfortable, because my fingers had claustrophobia...

Yes really. I was talking about my own experiences since 1991 when I started playing videogames. I didn't say Xbox 360 is the best controller for everyone, just for me.

But I get it. This is PlayStation based website so Sony good, MS bad.

13 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I'd guess the size changed mainly from the increase amount of tech in the controller.

Haptics and feedback on the triggers means more motors in the handles, thus thicker handles.

15 hours ago, UltraFire121 said:

Looks like a xbox design controller instead of a actual PS5 controller.

I agree with this, it does a bit.

Much as the PS4 controller is my favourite controller ever, the Xbox One controller is also pretty comfortable, so if it's a mix between the two, that's not horrible.

I think it's a bit ugly, but I don't really care - I don't look at the thing nearly as much as I hold it in my hands, so how it looks isn't nearly as important as how comfortable it is to hold, or how well-build and enduring it is. :)

31 minutes ago, Shmenon-Pie said:

I think it's a bit ugly

I honestly think it is the color that is doing it. I saw someone post this, and I think it looks fantastic. 

AOBZCj1.jpg

I much prefer that to the one Sony revealed. 

Parker

• Like 2

I’m not a fan of the colour at all. I wanted the exact same PS4 controller model for PS5 but we all knew that wouldn’t happen. If the controller is comfortable to hold, fine, if it gets annoying to adjust to then I hope I can connect a PS4 controller to a PS5.

Females usually have small(er) hands, I hope that wont be an issue with this controller cause it looks too big...?

39 minutes ago, Parker said:

I honestly think it is the color that is doing it. I saw someone post this, and I think it looks fantastic. 

AOBZCj1.jpg

Parker

Oh man, I have to say, that looks 10 times better and way more appealing to get.

• Like 1

I like the overall design, it's just the white I don't like, and the lack of color on the face buttons. These all black controllers people have been posting look a million times better to me. However I saw a pic somewhere of the current white one but they made the face buttons, D-Pad, Share and Options button a dark grey/black and it made a serious world of difference...I can't find the pic anywhere though.

At the end the day though I need to feel it in my hands. The DS4 is the single most comfortable controller I've ever used...so I'm really hoping this ergonomic change isn't a bad one. 

Also the article saying they improved battery life. That I want to see. The controllers need a 3000 mAh battery at the very least. 

Edited by Viper

10 hours ago, Parker said:

AOBZCj1.jpg

Parker

To be honest, the more I look at the two, the more the all black just looks dull and generic in comparison.

I think this is a bold choice, I am positively impressed and genuinely curious now to see what kind of design they came up with for the actual console (I assume it will also be dual color obviously). I am not surprised a vocal minority is screaming murder, change is hard. They’ll come around.

Ultimately what really matters is what’s inside and the games that will be made for it of course, it is not a beauty contest. But speaking of, I also like the new minimalistic Xbox design. Just can’t believe the stupid name they came up with... again ?

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

To be honest, the more I look at the two, the more the all black just looks dull and generic in comparison.

This. 

Edited by Sifferino
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Juzota said:

But I get it. This is PlayStation based website so Sony good, MS bad.

And you came to that conclusion just because you cannot believe that the battery holder thingy on the XBox360 controller gave my fingers anxiety? Niceeee

Good luck in your life with a way of thinking like that...

• Like 1

It doesn't look very comfortable - it is so bulky. Why are the shoulder buttons tilted? The colour scheme is terrible. A whiote controller? No thanks, it's look grubby quickly. And the last thing I want in a controller is a microphone. Sony definitely should make controllers without in-built spy functions.

I was always a fan of the Xbox controlller...i love the position of the analogs and the  "thickness" of it. In my opinion the only thing that the PS4 its better its for fighting games, everything else i prefer the Xbox One. If the ps4 controller creeps further and further close to the Xbox controller..im happy about it.

• 1 month later...

It looks bigger than the Dual Shock 4 which is a fail in my opinion but time will tell. If it feels good in hand then it is good, period.

Up until DS4 I thought sony controllers were the most uncomfortable things ever, and I went xbox 360 back in the day because that thing felt sweet in my hands.

Now a days i'd much rather play sony exclusives but if the controller sucks then i'll be disappointed and maybe stick to DS4 if that's an option.

However the coloring alone, is fucking trash. It makes my eyes bleed. Please don't tell me that the 100's of "custom" colored versions to come will have that look, because it's horrendous.

All in all, I think the DS4 is perfect and this redesign was unnecessary (except to sell more controllers down the line).

You know, I didn't have any special requests for the PS5, but I now have 2 requests concerning this new controller.

I just discovered that my dualshock is suffering from thumbstick drift.

It's my 4th DS4 with this problem (I play a lot of competitive multiplayer, that must be why).

To make things worst, I can't even try to get it fixed through PS Support because the sticker with the serial number is long gone.

So, I'm hoping the DualSense turns out more durable and it would be amazing if Sony could just print the serial number or find a way for the stickers not to get peeled off or fade away so easily.

On 28/05/2020 at 10:59 AM, LastMinuteSavior said:

You know, I didn't have any special requests for the PS5, but I now have 2 requests concerning this new controller.

I just discovered that my dualshock is suffering from thumbstick drift.

It's my 4th DS4 with this problem (I play a lot of competitive multiplayer, that must be why).

To make things worst, I can't even try to get it fixed through PS Support because the sticker with the serial number is long gone.

So, I'm hoping the DualSense turns out more durable and it would be amazing if Sony could just print the serial number or find a way for the stickers not to get peeled off or fade away so easily.

Peely ps4 stickers are annoying af

On 16/04/2020 at 7:52 PM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

It doesn't look very comfortable - it is so bulky. Why are the shoulder buttons tilted? The colour scheme is terrible. A whiote controller? No thanks, it's look grubby quickly. And the last thing I want in a controller is a microphone. Sony definitely should make controllers without in-built spy functions.

The microphone will help so much if they implement Voice to text. It is such a pain to write messages and any other text.