How Long For Online Trophies?

You can have online done in about a week or so if you decide to focus on the Collector role in Free Roam, as all the colletibles and full sets will net you a large amount of xp per run. Worth checking out.

If anything the online takes a fraction of the time it would take you to complete all the offline trophies. I've only been playing Red Dead online four days ago and I've pretty much wrapped everything up except level 50! 

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 2

I started two days ago and I'm at level 30, though I've been able to play fairly regularly because of quarantine.  The only trophies I have left are Notorious and All's Fair.  Definitely get the Collector role when you can and join random posse groups.  I got lucky and ran into a few high level players doing trade runs and got a ton of xp for just tagging along.  I think All's Fair is the trickiest since there don't seem to be many opportunities for it.

20 minutes ago, Morgaenna said:

I started two days ago and I'm at level 30, though I've been able to play fairly regularly because of quarantine.  The only trophies I have left are Notorious and All's Fair.  Definitely get the Collector role when you can and join random posse groups.  I got lucky and ran into a few high level players doing trade runs and got a ton of xp for just tagging along.  I think All's Fair is the trickiest since there don't seem to be many opportunities for it.

I’ve been playing on and off since online was released and I’m only rank 32 ?

Alls fair can be tricky to get unless you’re boosting with someone ? I ended up getting it accidentally when I was playing with my boyfriend though because one happened to pop up just as we were finishing a mission

Should only take about a week. As long as you do the jobs (Collector, Moonshiner & Trader are the best ones for xp & money). Daily challenges are definitely worth doing too because they’ll help you get gold for the jobs, decent xp and they’re usually pretty easy.

Also make sure to reset awards you earn because you’ll get .4 gold. 

Edited by Feral
Forgot about daily challenges

I don't think you can realistically do the level 50 grind in under 50 hours. Did it with a friend and it took us a few weeks and probably 100+ hours to get to level 50.

Expect and consider the following:

- It can and will be really boring to do the same stuff over and over. You might want some variety. It is hard to stick to just one role until you hit level 50.

- Servers might crash or you get thrown out of a running mission. This caused the loss of a few hours worth of grinding and a good chunk of XP more than once (e.g. trader role with a full wagon).

- Some roles are actually kinda fucked up in online. For example: the trader role requires you to hunt a lot of rare/big animals. Don't expect the animal spawn rate online to be even close to the offline one! It might be a bug, R* said they are/were investigating this a while ago.

- If you don't have a friend playing with you, it's really hard to motivate yourself for the grind.

- Don't underestimate traveling and loading times. It's not GTA where you can go anywhere you want in 30 seconds.

- The online mode is IMHO kinda boring. No comparison to GTA or RDR2 SP in terms of action, story and fun.

- Be aware that most of the roles which make the game less boring will cost you real money unless you are in for a big grind of the in-game currency.or you are waiting for special events / updates.

- PvP helps a lot but I don't like it at all.

- Stretching the grind over a longer period actually helps a lot due to regular in-game events / free gold / weekly goals.

I don't want to scare you away from doing it. It's absolutely doable!

But i wanted to make sure you fully understand what it actually means to get that platinum. A lot of time and dedication is required to finish this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It took me 5 days total (not play time) judging from the time I acquired my first online trophy to the last. I fucked around a little bit. Not bad at all, story is decently harder imo but also more entertaining. 

It was a lot easier than I was expecting using the collector role. I have 3 monitors side by side, one of them being my PS4 making it pretty easy to use the jeanropke map. I did a collector run every day and focused on other online trophies if I felt like it. I avoided the plants, eggs and random markers for the most part but plants/eggs might be good for the first run. In the beginning you should probably focus on getting tarot cards until you unlock the metal detector for the more rewarding collectibles.  

It was a mind-numbing process. One thing to make it easier is to let your horse auto path to the destination whilst sprinting (spam sprint while opening cinematic camera) and open your map. It doesn't pause since it's online obviously. I just watched/listened to something on my other monitor while auto piloting. 

A few trophies can be hard to get, namely "The Real Deal" because you need to get MVP 3 times and some people are pretty advanced at PvP at this point. Horse races was how I did it. This is where you get lucky or you don't. Keep an eye out for "All's Fair" too while you play. 

Overall it's not difficult, just very monotonous just like the story trophies. 

Edited by Goshyiyo

Shouldn't take more than a week if you're committed to just getting the trophies.

Start by doing the daily challenges, stranger missions (there's a trophy for doing 10) and story missions to get enough gold to get the Collector Role. Try to get the MVP trophy as well since you'll get gold playing horses races/showdown.

Use this map to collect everything twice (roughly 10 hrs per run) and you'll be level 50 and probably have probably $7000-$8000 to boot https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Might be more efficient to only spend 3.5 hrs/day collecting coins/arrowheads/jewelry, not really sure though.

• 5 months later...
On 26.4.2020 at 11:34 PM, Partik24 said:

Shouldn't take more than a week if you're committed to just getting the trophies.

Start by doing the daily challenges, stranger missions (there's a trophy for doing 10) and story missions to get enough gold to get the Collector Role. Try to get the MVP trophy as well since you'll get gold playing horses races/showdown.

Use this map to collect everything twice (roughly 10 hrs per run) and you'll be level 50 and probably have probably $7000-$8000 to boot https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Might be more efficient to only spend 3.5 hrs/day collecting coins/arrowheads/jewelry, not really sure though.

Sorry for the late post here. I want to do the online trophies asap:

I know understand where to Start:

1. Do Story, Daily, Stranger Missions for Dollar and Gold?

2. Buy Collector Role and collect the map.

3. Where should i spent my Dollars on? Food for horse, for the character? How much do i need. Which weapons should i aim for? I Just want to spend my Dollars "right".

Thank you :)

19 minutes ago, SkyFight0r said:

Sorry for the late post here. I want to do the online trophies asap:

I know understand where to Start:

1. Do Story, Daily, Stranger Missions for Dollar and Gold?

2. Buy Collector Role and collect the map.

3. Where should i spent my Dollars on? Food for horse, for the character? How much do i need. Which weapons should i aim for? I Just want to spend my Dollars "right".

Thank you :)

Depends how you want to play it. If your goal is the platinum and that’s it then what weapons you buy won’t matter. Your goal should be simply obtaining a horse + food for health and stamina of said horse. Do the story missions as they’re decent XP, then start with jobs.

I had only played a little bit of the online at launch and stopped due to boredom. I had a basic horse, bolt action rifle (repeater is cheaper and just as good), standard pistol and cheap basic cloths. I got to around rank 23. Started it back up, picked up the Collector Job and when that net me enough money I picked up the Trader job, then the Moonshiner. I was done with 23-50 in about 3-4 days.

The leveling is the only “hard” part of the online.

Edited by Skurkitty