Weapon Mystic Arts

pksTOXIC

Is it just me or are the dojo weapon missions hard AF?  i'm lvl 114, almost beat the game, and i have 134k spear proff.  tried to do the spear mission for like 20 min, and it's crazy hard compared to any game mission.  ********YES I'M TERRIBLE*********  but jesus, i'm doing 180/hit dmg to hiis like 50000k health bar and he's doing 700 per hit  to me.   wtf?

any tips?  or is this just the way it is for mystic art dojo missions?

Edited by pksTOXIC

8 minutes ago, pksTOXIC said:

Is it just me or are the dojo weapon missions hard AF?  i'm lvl 114, almost beat the game, and i have 134k spear proff.  tried to do the spear mission for like 20 min, and it's crazy hard compared to any game mission.  ********YES I'M TERRIBLE*********  but jesus, i'm doing 180/hit dmg to hiis like 50000k health bar and he's doing 700 per hit  to me.   wtf?

any tips?  or is this just the way it is for mystic art dojo missions?

I grinded all mystic arts out on 1 mission (big boss with the crystal legs on hard) and waited for the dojos. I was around 120 when I attempted them and went the whole game using only the axe. With spear I beat it with high stance, waiting for the attacks to come and dodge and dwindled down stamina for an execution.  It just takes practice, not much else to suggest. I found spear way harder in 1 than 2 for the mystic art. I basically treated it like an axe, tried to break def and get a hard hit in. Hope it helps. I also spent 0 points in the spear or it might have been easier so maybe peek the tree and see if there is a decent counter attack or something. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire

So far the only ones I've done have been Switchglaive and Onmyo. For the Switchglaive I found patience was my best weapon. Just spend a little time knowing their attack patterns and get in a few hits in between. Keep an eye on your ki and punish when you deplete theirs. 

The Onmyo on the other hand, well I rushed in without seeing what I had available to me and didn't really know what any of the spells were seeing as there were only a couple I used throughout the game. Wasted all of my elixirs on the first enemy, but somehow scraped through 

I remember massively struggling with the Mystic Art dojo missions in Nioh, and had the same trouble with my first one in Nioh 2. Then during my second one I just tried blocking for a bit and beat it immediately. Did the rest of the Mystic Art dojo missions first try after that, just blocking through a combo and punishing with a couple hits before resetting. I went through the entirety of both games not realising blocking was a legitimate strategy for human enemies, mainly because it'll get you killed real quick if you try it on yokai. 

They are all human enemies for weapon proficiencies so just use the weapons parry move set. If they’re none you can bait their attacks and when they are recovering you can strike 3 or 4 times. For dual swords you can run around the rock and wait for him to attack and then go in. What I did for Spear was wait for Hanzo to attack and go in with a mid triangle or low square or if I was confident do the parry move and as he was getting up attack then. 

Ninja and Onmyo are a little bit harder but play it patiently and you’ll get it. And don’t forget to read what each item does in the item menu if you’re not sure what it does. 

• 2 weeks later...