Falcom interview with Kondo, Ys IX coming west.

I'm not surprised.  It was pretty much a given that Ys IX making it to the west was more of a when and not an if since Ys has been doing well and it's a lot easier to localize than Trails.  I also do think we'll get news of Crossbell coming to the west sooner or later since the main hurdle to getting those localized was the fact that every version of it had some issue making localization extremely difficult to impossible.  It's clear that Falcom is considering western fans now, so they will make sure these new releases don't have anything that would make a western release difficult beyond the massive amounts of text to translate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dermarx said:

Great news; I hope they will release Trails in the Sky on the PS4 as well and bring it over to the west.

I hope so too, but at the same time I don't know if they could do it. The vita version of Sky's games is without a doubt much better than Crossbell game, play Crossbell game on vita is like play the same game on PSP, of course something changed but not like Trails in the Sky on vita which is awesome. 

Maybe Falcom could bring Sky games on PS4, but if they chosse Crossbell instead Sky games first maybe is because they don't think about Sky games anymore. The steam version with english subtitle is the HD version (PS3 games in Japan).

And if Zero come to west I'd have to translated some names in the walktrough/sidequest guide and trophy guide I did for the japanese version ?

Edited by AlchemistWer
  • Like 1

It seems to me that NISA learned their lessons from the Ys VIII launch fiasco, and I trust them more now. I'm pleased with the localisation of Trails of Cold Steel III so far (I'm at Chapter 3 right now). And... if you have the PC version of Ys VIII from Steam/GOG, NISA had Durante fix it. That runs a lot better now, and adds some advanced graphic options. Steam reviews of that version have shot up to mostly positive overall.

• Like 2