9 new trophies next week

Rammstone

Announcement:

New Achievements

Finally, many GRID Ultimate Edition players have been asking for new achievements/trophies to go along with each of the seasons that have been released. Up until this point, we haven’t been able to add any new achievements – that ends now.

Here’s Game Designer, Bradley Whelan, with some info around these additions:

“In Season 3, nine brand new achievements for GRID Ultimate Edition owners have been added to the game. These achievements are based on beating pre-set lap times with certain track and car combinations.

These achievements range in difficulty from easy to challenging

High altitude

Beat a 4.11.700 lap time on Okutama Sprint Mizu Mountain with the Audi S1 Quattro Concept

Delta time

Beat a 1.38.000 lap time on Shanghai Waibaidu Way with the Lancia Delta HF Integrale Super Hatch    

Fast for a Hatchback

Beat a 1.52.600 lap time on Havana Paseo de Marti with the MINI Hatch JCW    

British Heritage    

Beat a 1.53.200 lap time on Silverstone Circuit Grand Prix Circuit with the Brabham BT62    

Burning Rubber  

Beat a 1.54.300 lap time on Sepang International Circuit Full Track with the Ferrari FXX

A Wheely Good Time    

Beat a 1.40.600 lap time on Crescent Valley GP Circuit with the Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro

Gone in a Flash    

Beat a 1.47.800 lap time on Okutama GP Grand Circuit with the Koenigsegg Agera RS

Painting the Track Red    

Beat a 1.25.600 lap time on Indianapolis Sport Circuit with the Ferrari FXX-K Evo

Flights to Catch  

Beat a 00.41.800 lap time on Suzuka Circuit East Course with the Koenigsegg Jesko

Thats it. I assume it will be 3 bronze, 3 silver and 3 gold. The patch and Season 3 goes live on wednesday the 15th

Edited by Rammstone
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Anke said:

After I grew to positively hate this game after that Around The Globe trophy I wonder if I can really bring myself to reinstall it for these?

That's why I waited to do the grind....

Codemasters sucks at trophy lists, that much is certain. I like these lap time trophies better than just beating each division, though. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Anke said:

After I grew to positively hate this game after that Around The Globe trophy I wonder if I can really bring myself to reinstall it for these?

Same. It doesn't matter how many seasons they bring out or how many dlc trophies they release i will never race as much to get the around the globe trophy. 

I reinstalled the game again to check how many miles i had done after doing all the other trophies and i wasnt even close

I might do these trophies because they look fairly easy and it will put the percentage up a little i guess

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 6:12 PM, Anke said:

Anyone had a go at some of these laptimes already?

I was interested in knowing this too. I was going to do it tomorrow myself if no one else did, but decided to jump on now and have a go.

I only did the first three in the list, but here is my time vs the requirement:

4.11.700, Okutama Sprint Mizu Mountain, Audi S1 Quattro Concept - 3:59.841

1.38.000, Shanghai Waibaidu Way, Lancia Delta HF Integrale Super Hatch - 1:35.195

1.52.600, Havana Paseo de Marti, MINI Hatch JCW - 1:52.466

All of these were set on my first lap, no tuning, so it looked pretty easy although that Mini one was pretty close. Again, it was on a first lap so maybe the autostart wasn't as fast as it would have been manually? I'm not sure. Also, regarding the Mini, I'm interested to know if the Grid Edition version will count or not, or if you have to buy the normal one haha.

Edit: Decided to do the Season 2 ones as well after all haha. Here are my times vs the requirement:

1.53.200, Silverstone Circuit Grand Prix Circuit, Brabham BT62 - 1:47.475

1.54.300, Sepang International Circuit Full Track, Ferrari FXX - 1:48.743

1.40.600, Crescent Valley GP Circuit, Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro - 1:40.067

So again, pretty easy and all were on the first lap with no tuning. However, I will admit that the last one took me a few goes!

My first lap was actually a 1:41.168, with my second lap dropping down to 1:41.091. Then I seemed to keep doing 1:40.7! Haha. Then out of nowhere, I found 5 tenths in the middle sector and another tenth in the final sector, resulting in the 1:40.067.

So if my laps are anything to go by, the first two trophies for a Season is easy with the third one potentially being tougher? So now I'm expecting Season 3 to be the same.

Edited by SolidNinjaSnake
Updated Information
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

I was interested in knowing this too. I was going to do it tomorrow myself if no one else did, but decided to jump on now and have a go.

I only did the first three in the list, but here is my time vs the requirement:

4.11.700, Okutama Sprint Mizu Mountain, Audi S1 Quattro Concept - 3:59.841

1.38.000, Shanghai Waibaidu Way, Lancia Delta HF Integrale Super Hatch - 1:35.195

1.52.600, Havana Paseo de Marti, MINI Hatch JCW - 1:52.466

All of these were set on my first lap, no tuning, so it looked pretty easy although that Mini one was pretty close. Again, it was on a first lap so maybe the autostart wasn't as fast as it would have been manually? I'm not sure. Also, regarding the Mini, I'm interested to know if the Grid Edition version will count or not, or if you have to buy the normal one haha.

Edit: Decided to do the Season 2 ones as well after all haha. Here are my times vs the requirement:

1.53.200, Silverstone Circuit Grand Prix Circuit, Brabham BT62 - 1:47.475

1.54.300, Sepang International Circuit Full Track, Ferrari FXX - 1:48.743

1.40.600, Crescent Valley GP Circuit, Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro - 1:40.067

So again, pretty easy and all were on the first lap with no tuning. However, I will admit that the last one took me a few goes!

My first lap was actually a 1:41.168, with my second lap dropping down to 1:41.091. Then I seemed to keep doing 1:40.7! Haha. Then out of nowhere, I found 5 tenths in the middle sector and another tenth in the final sector, resulting in the 1:40.067.

So if my laps are anything to go by, the first two trophies for a Season is easy with the third one potentially being tougher? So now I'm expecting Season 3 to be the same.

This is good to know, I did manage to beat a few of them that I tried with admittedly that Aston Martin one taking me about 10 laps in the end. 

I wonder if the trophies will autopop now that we have these times saved onto our accounts?

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

so if I buy the ultimate edition will I have access to all the events for the new trophies???  I damn well knew I should have bought that the 1st time.  

Yup, that's correct.

I stupidly bought the regular edition for $20 after the first season released with no new trophies. Then I found out they were coming later and ended up buying the Ultimate Edition for another $25 ??

8 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

so if I buy the ultimate edition will I have access to all the events for the new trophies???  I damn well knew I should have bought that the 1st time.  

Yep, you'll get all three seasons of DLC.

2 hours ago, Anke said:

This is good to know, I did manage to beat a few of them that I tried with admittedly that Aston Martin one taking me about 10 laps in the end. 

I wonder if the trophies will autopop now that we have these times saved onto our accounts?

I was actually supposed to say this in my edit! It would be a great plot twist if they did automatically unlock now haha. I doubt they will however, so I hope I'll be able to do that Aston Martin one quicker next time and not take as many attempts. ?

6 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Yup, that's correct.

I stupidly bought the regular edition for $20 after the first season released with no new trophies. Then I found out they were coming later and ended up buying the Ultimate Edition for another $25 ?1f3fb.png

Same i was so excited to buy a game where I could buy the cheaper version because there were no dlc trophies and now it has came back to bite me.  Pretty much have to buy the entire game again.  I hope it doesn't somehow wipe progress toward around the world when I install the new version and download my save.   

5 minutes ago, Rammstone said:

You can switch between time attack and race on the first page you see on free play

ok so i just set it up there isn't a challenge or something called "high altitude" I select .  It doesn't matter what type of race or anything as long as I complete a lap on the proper track under that time with the proper car?  

Edited by steel6burgh

Just now, steel6burgh said:

ok so i just set it up there isn't a challenge or something called "high altitude" I select .  It doesn't matter what type of race or anything as long as I complete a lap on the proper track under that time with he proper car?  

Correct

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Same i was so excited to buy a game where I could buy the cheaper version because there were no dlc trophies and now it has came back to bite me.  Pretty much have to buy the entire game again.  I hope it doesn't somehow wipe progress toward around the world when I install the new version and download my save.   

Is there no way to buy the dlc seperate. Ive got the game digitaly so even if i wanted to buy the ultimate edition again i dont think ps store would let me

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

Is there no way to buy the dlc seperate. Ive got the game digitaly so even if i wanted to buy the ultimate edition again i dont think ps store would let me

it will let you.  it's on sale right now for 21.00 to buy the seasons individually it costs almost 40.00.

• Like 1