Has on-line trophies been your 1st priority when getting a new game?

Wanted to know people's opinions on what they do when getting a new game. Do you prioritize the on-line trophies first?

Do you go for on-line trophies right away and when finished enjoy the singleplayer.

Or 

Do you do the on-line trophies first and then after you just put it back on your shelf.

Or

Do you go for the on-line trophies and once you are done, you sell the game on Ebay/Craigslist/Amazon etc.. (So the resale value is still good and buy the game later when it's dirt cheap to finish the campaign and the rest of the trophies) then you buy a new game and do the same thing all over again?

I almost never do online trophies first. I generally get into single player. I only jump into MP trophies to see if I like the MP component and pursue them if I enjoy them. And I practically never sell any of my mostly physical game collection.

• Like 2

It depends on a few things.

If the trophies online are super-easy, I get them out of the way before starting any single player. 

If they are easy, but slightly grindy or need boostitng, I don't prioritise them if it's a new game. If it's older though I'll try to complete them somehow. 

If they're hard or very grindy (regardless of difficulty), then I just put them on hold until I feel like doing them. 

• Like 3

I buy only games I'm interested in playing - I cannot afford to buy everything that comes out, even if its an old PS3 game, I need to really want it in order to buy it. And in that case, I know I will platinum/100% the game so online is always my first priority. ATM I have done multiplayer trophies in 23/24 games, they are waiting for their turn, I will play them when I feel like It without having to worry about server closure. 

Edited by HaserPL
  • Like 1

I usually don't worry about online trophies if they are for a new game, but for games on the PS3 and PSVITA I'll usually prioritize them if they are easy to do (Play 1~10 MP matches).  If they are a big grind I just ignore them until later after I've enjoyed the game.

Depends on the game and how difficult/competitive the online is.  If I need to build up my skill, I play single player first but for a lot of sports games I jump right into multiplayer.

For RDR II, I jumped right into multiplayer and enjoyed it a lot, finishing it before starting the campaign.

If its a new game and the online trophies don't take long I will get them out of the way first. I have a bad habit of not finishing games right away so knowing that any online closures would not affect get eventually getting the platinum brings me great peace of mind

Edited by ZeromusF4
spelling

For me it depends on how old the game is. If it's a brand new game I don't really worry about them right away.  My preference is to enjoy the single player of a game first and then play the online.  This prevents possible spoilers and also allows me to get acquainted with the game/controls before playing with others.

Depends on the game and on the specific online mode. I generally enjoy the single player first to get used to the mechanics and avoid spoilers, but I got the online trophies out of the way for most of the Assassin's Creed games because I already knew the mechanics from Brotherhood and also because I wanted to get them out of the way as soon as possible to be able to just enjoy the single player without worries.

I've done the last several games on my profile that have online trophies going after that online, first and foremost.

Thanks to this, I was able to finish off Driveclub and Driveclub Bikes with no worry of server shutdown. Now they are impossible to get if you didn't get the online done before March 31st - April 1st.

Sadly my profile can't be at 100 percent due to server shutdowns from the Uncharted series. I got Assassins Creed Revelations on the PS3 I still need to get done, it's going to be a toss up if I'm going to man up and finally do Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Getting to level 50 isn't my problem, I don't care if it takes a long time, my issue is mostly with Abstergo Employee of the Month. I absolutely despise trophies that require multiple people to work in harmony. One reason why I haven't fully finished off Red Dead Redemption.

Basically every game with online that I put on my profile I try to get the online done and out of the way as soon as I can. This includes single player games with online trophies, for instance the Vendetta trophy in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor that requires you to kill a captain who killed a player in another game. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

When its summer, i basicly have a looooot of time, so what happens is i play a lot of old games that are suceptible to close their online servers and get rid of those trophies. Im done soon with that, i hate online trophies except for 2 kind of ones ; competitive ones that relies on your skill alone, and Coop with a small group lets say 4 and less, that is why i managed to play a game like GTA 5 and still go for the 100% even tho im not much of an online player.

• Like 1

I usually do online trophies dead last or as late as possible. The reason is pretty simple, if you fight other people you will have no chance if you haven't even played through the base game, unless you are lucky and run into someone similar by chance. If you have to cooperate with other people you won't have any idea what you are doing so you are dragging your teammates down. In team based games I always hated it when a teammate clearly was in his first 10 hours but was already trying to tackle the online trophies, significantly reducing the chance of success for his team instead of contributing, these people are wasting everyones time and make the game worse to play.

• Like 1

online trophies are always the last thing that I do, without exception. I hate online trophies so much that they often ruin the game for me, even for "multiplayer games" like Black Ops III, the online stuff was what finally earned me the plat. If I do all the single player stuff first, I'll feel invested enough to do the online stuff but the other way around just kills it for me

• Like 1