When can we expect the game 'Cuphead' on the Playstation?

ain_sr

All I have seen is praises for the game. And visually it's one of the most impressive looking artstyle incorporated in a game, the seemless 1930's cartoon is treat for my inner kid! COming gameplay it has built up a reputation as the Dark souls of co-op games, that too couch co-op. It seems to have all the ingredients of classic. Its a bummer that this hasn't this been released on PSN yet. I do hope I can play it on the console one day.

Anybody else got more information on it please share. Does it it also tingle you with a goody-good feeling? I hope we can raise our voice to people at Sony :|

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It is an Xbox exclusive and will not appear on Playstation. They release all of their games on PC and seem to not consider Nintendo a threat so they released it on there as well. While I would love it to be on PS4, it just won't happen.

What he/she/they said.

Edited by happyman778
  • Like 1

It's on macOS, Linux, and Switch (which makes it far from Xbox exclusive), but the story goes that Microsoft approached them about making the Nintendo version, I don't see Microsoft doing the same thing and asking them to do a version for Playstation.

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It is an Xbox exclusive and will not appear on Playstation. They release all of their games on PC and seem to not consider Nintendo a threat so they released it on there as well. While I would love it to be on PS4, it just won't happen.

But are the developer first party though? Did not get much info on them and could gather that they were just 3 (friggin 3 people!). And has Microsoft bought them yet? If no then there's still a chance if not soon then in the near future.

1 minute ago, Vergil said:

Probably never but the sequel may be on PlayStation. This like the only game i want from Xbox. 

Yes, this and the Ori series. Have to say they have two of the best and unique platformers on par with Nintendo if not better! Avoiding it on steam as I want to play it as a couch co-op

13 minutes ago, ain_sr said:

But are the developer first party though? Did not get much info on them and could gather that they were just 3 (friggin 3 people!). And has Microsoft bought them yet? If no then there's still a chance if not soon then in the near future.

The studio is 100% independent but they have a console exclusive contract for Xbox/Microsoft with this game. The only reason why the Switch Port was made as someone mentioned already is because Microsoft asked them to make one. (I believe the Switch port is paid for and published by Microsoft Studios is it not as well? Don't own the Switch version myself.)

• Like 1

It's a bit more than three people (they are actually 17 people). 

The studio has however confirmed that despite the game launching for the Switch, it will not be ported to the PS4.

Quote: “Yes, this Cuphead game is exclusive to Xbox and PC (with Steam and Win10 versions at launch and a GOG release likely shortly after). There will likely be a Mac version down the road and possibly a Linux version beyond that (unless we lose our houses or whatever),”

The reason why it launched for the Switch has already been mentioned above. A shame, really.. also for me this is the only game not on Sony consoles that I'm interested in.  

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1