Gray-Fox-44

Mako Crystal DLC help!

7 posts in this topic

So, I have recently won a giveaway and received a Butterfingers' redeem code for a Mako Crystal in Final Fantasy VII Remake. I was aimimg for Tifa's Dynamic Theme, but got this instead, which is apparently rare.

This DLC has to be redeemed in a US account. Thing is, my main account is not a US account, so I was wondering whether I'll be able to actually use this in-game item in my main account or not. I'm not planning on playing the game on a secondary account just for this one item. Do you think that I'll be able to use this in my main if I download and install this on a secondary? Even if the game was bought on my main and is a different region from the dlc? (I assume they are different regions since I buy digital games in the Argentinian store).

I have no experience with this, so I count on the community's expertise! Let me know what you think!

On a side note, I might be willing to trade it for something else if there is no actual possibily of using it in my main... But I don't really like that idea :P

P.S. I got some replies on an off-topic forum, but didn't know how to move the post here...

Posted (edited)

In the vast majority of cases dlc will only work with the same region game / account. 

The only exception I know of is AC Brotherhood and Revelations dlc working from the HK store, but I think that has something to do with version codes. 

Sell it on eBay lol. 

Edit: Just Googled, everything I'm seeing says US only. 

Edited by Joker-Kun890

19 minutes ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

In the vast majority of cases dlc will only work with the same region game / account. 

The only exception I know of is AC Brotherhood and Revelations dlc working from the HK store, but I think that has something to do with version codes. 

Sell it on eBay lol. 

Edit: Just Googled, everything I'm seeing says US only. 

Thanks for your help. I might try the code in my account, just in case it works.

7 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Thanks for your help. I might try the code in my account, just in case it works.

Out of curiosity do you know what the dlc does? My pre-order just arrived today :D

7 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Hey, I've tried things like this in the past.

Basically, DLC needs to match the regional code for it to work.   So if you has a USA region coded DLC, you need a USA region coded base game for it to recognise the DLC.  They can be from different account, the main game can be on your primary account and the DLC can be on a secondary account, but both must use the same region code.  My experience was owning a game on a EU account then buying a character pack DLC for it on my main USA account.  The game never recognised the DLC.

The Mako Crystal itself is an accessory in FF7R that according to the description, "Offers some protection against Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind."

In my estimation, it's a kinda worthless dlc that you'll deffinitely find available in-game plentifully (*most likely) as it doesn't seem especially great beyond early game, BUT you could probably sell it for a high price on E-Bay as information about it is very sparse and people are likely to overestimate what it is/what it does/what it's worth.

Mes 2 cennes.

26 minutes ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

Out of curiosity do you know what the dlc does? My pre-order just arrived today :D

No idea haha

14 minutes ago, Dice_Hazard said:

Hey, I've tried things like this in the past.

Basically, DLC needs to match the regional code for it to work.   So if you has a USA region coded DLC, you need a USA region coded base game for it to recognise the DLC.  They can be from different account, the main game can be on your primary account and the DLC can be on a secondary account, but both must use the same region code.  My experience was owning a game on a EU account then buying a character pack DLC for it on my main USA account.  The game never recognised the DLC.

The Mako Crystal itself is an accessory in FF7R that according to the description, "Offers some protection against Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind."

In my estimation, it's a kinda worthless dlc that you'll deffinitely find available in-game plentifully (*most likely) as it doesn't seem especially great beyond early game, BUT you could probably sell it for a high price on E-Bay as information about it is very sparse and people are likely to overestimate what it is/what it does/what it's worth.

Mes 2 cennes.

Thanks for your insight! In that case, it will likely work just fine!