PSA: Sever Issues - Complete ASAP

GR1FF1993

27 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

I followed up with Playstation Chat Support.  I'm in the U.S. and have a U.S. account.  I posted my question (see transcript below), in less than 5 seconds after I posted they provided their phone support to contact, provided a canned thank you for contacting Playstation and immediately disconnected without any chance to respond.   Below is the transcript I saved:

1. Erick (Customer Support): Thank you for contacting PlayStation, my name is Erick U. how may I assist you today?

2. Erick U.: Are you still with me? I’m afraid the system may disconnect us soon if there is no activity, please reply back to ensure we keep our chat active.

Me: Hi Erick.  We, the community, need help accessing into Hardware Rivals.  This game is showing in maintenance for 2 weeks now.  Every person that is trying to access into the game (at least 2 dozen that I know of) have the same maintenance message.  Is there a way to get communication to the server team to look at the servers of Hardware Rivals so that we can play the game.  It is scheduled for a shutdown in December so we need them up ASAP.    

3. Erick U.: You can reach Phone support at 1-800-345-7669. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9AM - 6PM PST. We are Closed Saturdays and Sundays.

4. Erick U.:Is there something else i can help you with ?

5. Erick U.:. It has been a pleasure chatting with you today.  Thank you for contacting PlayStation and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Questions 3, 4, and 5 were sent in immediate succession within a few seconds and then instantly disconnected without a chance to respond.  When I tried to contact them via Chat again, I get a message advising that I've just contacted them and to try again later.

I will make a phone contact tomorrow to see if I have any luck at that.  I'm very skeptical we will get this issue resolved but I will do my part to try and get it fixed.  

If you wanna back again you must have another account USA also a different IP USA for example USA VPN then you can chat with them again. It's a great job dude. 

Edited by Tiricy

So for a side of clarification..

are the servers are still inaccessible?

(At work so can't check my self) I know I was on afew months ago in an attempt to work on plat..

Didn't even know the servers are going down in 41 days - 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

Guys, I believed when we make a lot of requests about issues servers are down for 2 weeks every day by every player on @Askplaystation and Support email also live chat. They will listen to us to fix servers, but if we keep like that waiting they will not fix it also they don't care. 

I wanna know how can I talk with the devs of this game '' SCE Connected Content Group '' I keep searching on google to find anything about them.

10 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

Guys, I believed when we make a lot of requests about issues servers are down for 2 weeks every day by every player on @Askplaystation and Support email also live chat. They will listen to us to fix servers, but if we keep like that waiting they will not fix it also they don't care. 

I wanna know how can I talk with the devs of this game '' SCE Connected Content Group '' I keep searching on google to find anything about them.

I've done some digging and Hardware: Rivals appears to be be the only game developed by this company: https://www.(URL not allowed)/developer/SCE-Connected-Content-Group. Also, the official website has long since been taken offline and the fact the closure was announced in-game and not via twitter or Sony's official server closure site, speaks volumes as to how little Sony cares about this matter :(. Orbispatches.com lists the last ever patch as being released in August of 2016 so support was dropped roughly 7 months after the game was released.

22 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

Here are the credits for this game: https://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation-4/hardware-rivals/credits

See how far you can get down this list before you find someone still working for Sony. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Here are the credits for this game: https://www.mobygames.com/game/playstation-4/hardware-rivals/credits

See how far you can get down this list before you find someone still working for Sony. 

Some of the devs appear to still be working for either Sony or studios under their umbrella but there's not many of them because most have nothing other than this game credited to them since it was released.

• Like 1

The advice by DaivRules is the best way to go about this. You are absolutely and categorically wasting your time tweeting former CEOs of Sony, Present CEO's of Sony, etc etc. They are not interested and they received one million and one tweets and emails every day. 

The only hope is bombarding PlayStation Support (which doesn't seem to be working since they're giving cookie cutter replies rather than "we've passed it on") or to find someone in the Hardware Rivals credits who has fond memories of the game and wants their work to go out with dignity and still works under Sony. Preferably someone with some authority like a producer or lead designer. None of them would have the authority or means to get the servers back up, you'd have to hope they cared enough to pass it on to a big wig.

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, the only programmer for Hardware Rivals currently working on any project is Martin Wong, for Hutch Games. I'm not sure how you would get a hold of him or if he can help at all, since it doesn't seem like he's working on the game anymore.

I think the servers will come back up eventually. Veteran players I've spoken to have said that sometimes the game can get stuck in a maintenance loop that lasts 1-2 weeks before coming back up again, and a team bothered to update the game to display the shutdown message, so the lights are still on.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 8:01 PM, Paperclip1776 said:

Ok, I tried one more time with Playstation Chat Support (was able to get in after 15 minutes or so).  Bottom line, better customer service, same situation: don't know who to contact to fix the issue.  Below is the transcript:

Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:39:34 PM): Thank you for contacting PlayStation, my name is Mauricio J. how may I assist you today?
Remember: Please do not refresh your screen as it will disconnect the chat session. Thanks! 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:40:45 PM): Hi Mauricio.  I need help accessing into Hardware Rivals.  This game is showing in maintenance for 2 weeks now.  Every person that is trying to access into the game (at least 2 dozen that I know of) have the same maintenance message.  Is there a way to get communication to the server team to look at the servers of Hardware Rivals so that we can play the game.  It is scheduled for a shutdown in December so we need them up ASAP.  
Me (10/28/2021, 7:42:50 PM): Hardware Rivals was published by Sony so it should be a known team that can help with this issue. 
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:44:32 PM): Hello Mike, I’m really sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your game. I’ll be more than happy to help you today during this chat fast and easy for you. 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:44:56 PM): Thank you Mauricio!  It has recently been communicated that Hardware Rivals will shutdown in early December.  Many of us are trying to finish game achievements before the shutdown, or just enjoy the last of the game before it goes offline forever. 
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:47:28 PM): Thank you. I'm still checking your request, please stay with me. Feel free to type anything you want every 2 minutes just to keep the chat active. I appreciate you patience. 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:47:41 PM): Hardware Rivals is a game that launched in January 2015.  It's a game many of us have been enjoying for years so this maintenance screen we are all experiencing is not a local issue, or something related to our individual gaming systems.  There's at least 2 dozen players that I know having the same issue and no one has been able to get in. 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:49:14 PM): Since Hardware Rivals is an online only game, the only thing we can all think of is that there's a server issue stuck in a maintenance loop. 
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:49:35 PM): Thank you so much for waiting. 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:49:53 PM): No problem Mauricio.  I appreciate your help 
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:49:55 PM): In this case you need to contact the developer for further and better assistance, you can contact them here:

https://hwrfanatics.com/contact/
Me (10/28/2021, 7:50:03 PM): Sony is the developer of this game 
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:50:15 PM): Do keep in mind this game has been removed from the store and is no where to be found so most likely the game is now closed from development but we cannot confirm that until the developer provides more information about it 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:50:16 PM): The link you provided is a fan site, not a developer site. 
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:50:43 PM): I'm afraid that's the only way to contact we have from them Mike. 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:50:54 PM): The game is scheduled for shutdown in December so it should still be accessible today.  It was accessible 2 weeks ago before the maintenance window appeared 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:51:41 PM): Sony is the one that published and developed this game.  We need someone from Sony to address this issue in order to get resolved. 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:53:00 PM): We need someone from Sony that knows where the Hardware Rivals server is located to either pull it out of a maintenance loop/issue or address the server issue going on.   
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:53:14 PM): Thank you for the information and I'm sorry Mike, please contact them trough the link I sent you so you can get better assistance and information. 
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:53:18 PM): I understand your concern and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, thank you for your time and patience, I don't want to let you go without asking you, is there be anything else we can help you with? 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:53:46 PM): This didn't solve the issue.  We don't know who to contact to resolve this.  
Mauricio J. (10/28/2021, 7:54:21 PM): We are sorry since this is not the outcome you were looking for, there will be other instances in which we will be able to deliver a different outcome. Since there are no other issues or concerns that we can assist you with today, I’m deeply sorry, but I’ll be in the need to discontinue this chat session. Thank you for chatting with us and have a wonderful day. 
Me (10/28/2021, 7:55:22 PM): I understand you don't have any other contacts for this issue.  I'm disappointed that a Sony published game cannot have a server issue resolved for the community.  Thank you for your time. 

As I said in my previous post, I will try and contact Playstation support via phone tomorrow but again, I'm skeptical we're going to get this issue resolved.  I'll continue to do my part to help this cause.

Finalizing my effort on this topic, I did make a call to Playstation Support after failing with Playstation Chat.  The person I spoke with provided the same information that the Chat support provided: support agent provided the Hardware Rivals fan site and advised they have no contacts available to them to pass this information along.  I mentioned that someone was updating the game recently as there was an announcement provided that the game would go offline this coming December.  He advised he didn't have any contacts.  I communicated my disappointment, especially being a Sony published game.  I concluded the conversation by asking the Playstation agent who I can talk to that can help and he advised there is no other avenues to pursue.  

Advice Going Forward: At this point, my advice to get Hardware Rivals back online before the shutdown in December occurs is by making a phone call to Playstation Support.  This will very likely be more effective than using Playstation Chat.  As a previous help desk manager myself, I know that Chat agents handle multiple chats at once while Playstation Support handles one call at a time (obviously).  The more agents you tie up with this issue, the more this will generate an "issue" for the Playstation Support Desk.  All help desks work off of hard numbers and they all have real time statistics on what calls are coming in.  If they see a spike in calls for a particular game, at the very least it will generate conversations with the management team at the desk.  If they get enough Hardware Rivals calls, they will either take action (i.e. contact their management for a contact/help to resolve the issue), or try and have a way to reduce those calls from coming to the agents (i.e. upfront message when calling the 800 number advising they can't help with calls related to Hardware Rivals).  

I also like the other idea by @DaivRules and others in this thread advising to find a contact via the games credits that still works at Sony to see if you can get their attention to address the issue.  That's a creative idea and if you persist and find the right person it just might work too.  

Contact Info: Playstation Phone Support is 1-800-345-7669. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9AM - 6PM PST.  Closed Saturdays and Sundays.

We are a little more than a month and a week away from shutdown.  Good luck to all that pursue this challenge!

Edited by Paperclip1776
grammar update
  • Like 1

Its amazing what you all are doing but i think its a waste of time. If this maintenance thing happened like 6 months or 1 year ago probably these petitions would have had a chance but with only one month remaining....im not so sure. I hope im wrong but i think this time they pulled the plug for real.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AznNation said:

Yeah they probably pulled the plug early, but one can be a little hopeful. Is there a discord for this game? I don't use the forums that often. 

Nope, this game only ever had the one site but it has long since been shutdown, along with all the official social media channels :(. All you can do is keep ringing and emailing Sony until they either get the message and fix the problem or announce the servers have closed early :(.

47 minutes ago, AznNation said:

Yeah they probably pulled the plug early, but one can be a little hopeful. Is there a discord for this game? I don't use the forums that often. 

The servers have not been pulled, they are just inaccessible to us. When you open the game, if you quickly scroll down to the bottom of the server shutdown announcement, you can get to the main menu screen before the game relays the message that it's down for maintenance. After pressing X you are taken to a loading screen which displays your stats (Kills, Deaths, etc.). This information is stored server-side, not on the console itself. The game is still able to recognize your account and save your progress, it is just stuck in a maintenance loop.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope, this game only ever had the one site but it has long since been shutdown, along with all the official social media channels :(. All you can do is keep ringing and emailing Sony until they either get the message and fix the problem or announce the servers have closed early :(.

I meant a discord for trophy boosting.

2 hours ago, STK_Tomjay said:

The servers have not been pulled, they are just inaccessible to us. When you open the game, if you quickly scroll down to the bottom of the server shutdown announcement, you can get to the main menu screen before the game relays the message that it's down for maintenance. After pressing X you are taken to a loading screen which displays your stats (Kills, Deaths, etc.). This information is stored server-side, not on the console itself. The game is still able to recognize your account and save your progress, it is just stuck in a maintenance loop.

I know it is in a maintenance loop, I've been checking it for the last couple of days, and never displayed my stats. But maybe this is their way of saying they are done with servers early. Who knows.

1 hour ago, STK_Tomjay said:

I've heard of games like Bulletstorm having their online servers brought back by fans. Is it possible to do this for a game on the PS4 like Hardware: Rivals?

Not unless someone cracks the server's encryption codes and manages to emulate the server environment but even then it would have to be an open source program that doesn't require a hacked console to work, else it will be banned by the CRT.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I've been launching game each night in hopes of 'fix' only by spamming X have I managed to get to the server announcement pages / toggle stat page that shuffles thru kills n such 

Sadly looking to be another game by the wayside 

Honestly shocked the game has been out as long as it has as tbh I forgot bout it entirely

13 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I've been launching game each night in hopes of 'fix' only by spamming X have I managed to get to the server announcement pages / toggle stat page that shuffles thru kills n such 

Sadly looking to be another game by the wayside 

Honestly shocked the game has been out as long as it has as tbh I forgot bout it entirely

Me too, I think best way we make a lot of requests about this game to fix servers again.