Ben Affleck is... Batman

AlteredFormula

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23806756

I mean, Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms yo, But Batman...  who the fuck is casting this shit? 

Honestly, people felt the same way about Micheal Keaton when he was cast all those years ago. He turned out to be one of the best film Batmans around. His is still my favorite film interpretation of the character.

Affleck also made a pretty good Daredevil [Who isn't that far removed from Bats, character-wise] [That's not to say Daredevil was good - it was a bad movie - but it was bad in the same way Batman & Robin was bad - it was a victim of bad writing and poor direction, not poor cast.]

I feel like Affleck could probably pull off the same kind of Batman archetype that Keaton did, maybe a little more serious though.

• Like 2

Honestly, people felt the same way about Micheal Keaton when he was cast all those years ago. He turned out to be one of the best film Batmans around. His is still my favorite film interpretation of the character.

Affleck also made a pretty good Daredevil [Who isn't that far removed from Bats, character-wise] [That's not to say Daredevil was good - it was a bad movie - but it was bad in the same way Batman & Robin was bad - it was a victim of bad writing and poor direction, not poor cast.]

I feel like Affleck could probably pull off the same kind of Batman archetype that Keaton did, maybe a little more serious though.

Each to their own Foxy, but I thought Affleck was a terrible Matt Murdoch as well as DareDevil.  He could probably pull off a smug Bruce Wayne, But I just cannot see him as Bats. (For a start he has Superman's chin!)

I have nothing but respect against Ben Affleck, but Batman? They should cast George Clooney as Robin, while they're at it  :ninja:

All kidding aside , my very first thought was "Daredevil", which sucked on so many levels. As did Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, Reindeer Games, Gigli, and so on and so on.

But those are over decade old flicks, and nowadays Mr. Affleck rocks especially as a director. So, maaaaybe it will work.

He should direct it, that would be interesting...

After really thinking about this I’ve come to the conclusion that Ben Affleck will surprise a lot of people and be a great Batman. At first glance I was like, what the hell, thanks for screwing us WB, but mulled it over and I think he’ll be awesome.

People complained a lot about Heath being the Joker.. He ended up being the greatest villain portrayal of all time IMO..
Same with Ann Hathaway. People doubted her, but she delivered an awesome catwoman.

• Like 3

After really thinking about this I’ve come to the conclusion that Ben Affleck will surprise a lot of people and be a great Batman. At first glance I was like, what the hell, thanks for screwing us WB, but mulled it over and I think he’ll be awesome.

People complained a lot about Heath being the Joker.. He ended up being the greatest villain portrayal of all time IMO..

Same with Ann Hathaway. People doubted her, but she delivered an awesome catwoman.

She's no Michelle Pfeiffer, though...  :ninja:

• Like 4

As Ben Affleck, I'll try my best to do my worst and overact in every scene. Get ready for some hipster shit. I love my fans. 

P.S I'm the Batman!

Nothing good can come from this. Bale and Keaton were the best.

Well, I did good in DareDevil. 

Edited by Ben Affleck
  • Like 3

Well this thread is more balanced than my facebook feed where 95% of people where hating on Afleck. I like him personally. Can't say I'm excited for this tho, not because of Afleck but it just feels really soon to make another movie. The Dark Knight series was really great. They should give it more time to settle before jumping on the cash cow. No matter what Ben does people will be comparing him to Bale, and those are some mighty hard shoes to fill, while Bale only had to follow the worst batman movie ever.

I'm excited for Avengers two. Not this movie or all the people that will talk about how much it sucks regardless of what it is. 

Edited by lporiginalg

I'll give this the best open minded receiving that I possibly can, but this is the most off the wall, out of left field casting that I've seen. Besides the idea that he was horrible as Daredevil, I just cannot envision him as Batman. Granted, people thought Michael would be horrible and Heath as the Joker was insane, so I'm holding out hope for a surprise. Just not putting a lot of faith into it at this point.

Same thing happened with Heath as the Joker, everybody thought he wasn't the perfect fit for the job, turned out he nailed it. Ben Affleck is a very good actor and a proven director too, yes it is quite surprising but it is what it is, so instead of negativity, think of all the good things he could bring to the film. All I do hope is they choose a better voice....

• Like 1

Daredevil was a decade ago, actors do grow. He was great in Argo and the Town.  Bale was very overrated in my opinion, and his Batman voice was awful, me and my friends would make fun of his voice all the time "justice!, where's Harvey!" It's hilarious.  Everyone was complaining and flipping out about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker, look how that turned out.

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 1

I don't understand, why didn't they just let Christian Bale play the role? ...

He makes a great Bruce Wayne, he has class, he has the looks, he has that Wayne style, he's got that perfect Bruce Wayne look.

As for being Batman, he's still great, but doesn't have the perfection that he shows with Bruce's role. Sure he does amazing things, and his acting is superb, but I just feel there is something missing.

I don't think it's a bad idea to make what's his name Batman. But one thing's for certain, I really like Batman, he was my favorite since I was a little child. Would hate to see him fail, just because of bad acting. He will always be the best superhero out there :P