Ben Affleck is... Batman

AlteredFormula

I don't understand, why didn't they just let Christian Bale play the role? ...

Christian Bale reportedly turned down $50 million dollars to play Batman again!!!!!!

I'm sorry but in this case I am going to prejudge and say naming Ben Affleck as Batman is a huge fail. Not a big fan of Batman Vs. Superman as a live action film either since we all know Batman would beat him inside of 2 minutes with a Batarang made of Kryptonite.

• Like 1

I've never seen this much hate for a casting in a long time.

I'm in the minortly on the casting news.

I don't think it was Affleck's fault for DareDevil (bad writing,and bad direction was mainly to blame)

His acting skills have improved since Gigil.

He's starred and directed Award Nommated & Winning movies (Gone,Baby,Gone,The Town,Argo)

Remember the hate Ledger & Hathaway got when they were casted as Joker & Catwoman.

But they both turned out great.

I'm going to give Affleck a chance as Batman.

An odd choice? yes,but a awful one? hell no.

I hope he proves the haters wrong (he seems like a nice guy,but then again I like anyone that hates the Yankess :lol:  )

• Like 1

To start, Batman = Christian Bale 'nough said. Since we don't get the choice, I am giving Affleck a chance. I may be the only one, but I loved his performance in Pearl Harbor, and want to give him a fair shake.

That was HILARIOUS!!!

IxMb3mD.gif

So...

Already, I may have to do a Microsoft and 180 on this....

Rumour has it, they were casting for an older / more experienced Batman.   Now if they are casting it for a Batman similar to Millar's Dark Knight Returns, Its possible that he could pull that off.   

I never had any doubt in Keaton (Too young for me to even care), and I never doubted Ledger for a moment, (I always knew he was a good actor), but Affleck to me, sets off my spider-sense just like Halle Berry did as Catwoman, and Clowny (Clooney) did as Nippleman. 

We all know how those turned out!

That being said, I have no doubt that Affleck can act, I just need convincing that he's the man for the cowl.  I watched Argo again last night, and thought If he plays Bats like he did Mendez (If you've not seen it, Mendez is a complicated character that Affleck pulls off in a very understated way.), we might... just might... be on to a winner.

• Like 1