How do you unlock top of the crop?

Cpt_Kick_A_Ho_

Popped for me making a maxed player (Rank 99 in everything) in the "fan hub" (Age 18 - Key Forward) assigning him to an U18 side, Sim the whole season. I got picked #75, sim the next season then got contract offers from VFL clubs afterwards. Simulated a couple VFL seasons and then got drafted again at #1. Hope that helps

• Like 2

On 10/04/2020 at 10:30 PM, Crash_nv said:

Popped for me making a maxed player (Rank 99 in everything) in the "fan hub" (Age 18 - Key Forward) assigning him to an U18 side, Sim the whole season. I got picked #75, sim the next season then got contract offers from VFL clubs afterwards. Simulated a couple VFL seasons and then got drafted again at #1. Hope that helps

What do you mean got drafted again at #1 after getting drafted how do you get re-drafted?

9 hours ago, GrandSalami52 said:

What do you mean got drafted again at #1 after getting drafted how do you get re-drafted?

Season in U18 > Drafted #75 > Season in AFL > Dropped to VFL (No AFL clubs offered contracts) > Two seasons in the VFL > Re - Drafted at #1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/04/2020 at 10:30 PM, Crash_nv said:

Alright I've tried this 3 different times now but I still don't get any VFL teams offering me contracts. After being on an U18 side and getting picked, I get drafted to an AFL team and then jump between an AFL team and either a WAFL/VFL/NEAFL team the whole season. After I finish simming that season, I only get AFL teams offering me contracts, so I can't seem to get re-drafted. Any tips at all? This is like one of the only other trophies I need. 

2 minutes ago, sIip_space_ said:

Alright I've tried this 3 different times now but I still don't get any VFL teams offering me contracts. After being on an U18 side and getting picked, I get drafted to an AFL team and then jump between an AFL team and either a WAFL/VFL/NEAFL team the whole season. After I finish simming that season, I only get AFL teams offering me contracts, so I can't seem to get re-drafted. Any tips at all? This is like one of the only other trophies I need. 

It can take more than one season in the AFL to get contract offers from VFL clubs i believe.

1 minute ago, Crash_nv said:

It can take more than one season in the AFL to get contract offers from VFL clubs i believe.

I'll keep trying. My third time I went all the way to 2025 and just kept getting AFL contract offers. Nothing VFL. 

Can confirm that with the new update that's just rolled out, you can get this trophy pretty easily now. I used my 99 overall aged 18 key forward as suggested above and assigned him to an U18 side, simmed the season, and I was picked first overall. Give this a go and hopefully you all should get it! 

• 3 months later...