PanPalec

PanPalec's Dispute

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

PanPalec

Devil May Cry
I would like to apologize in advance because my english isn't so good and it's possible that i'll commit a lot of grammatical mistakes. <br /> <br /> The way how I unlocked those trophies so early were an experience regarding a Trophy Time Glitch I wanted to try out at the time...<br /> I was 14 years old in 2013, I was just trying to have some fun without knowing that it could actually report me like that in the future and i never really cared about leaderboards and even now to be honest if you don't want to put me in the leaderboard because of this, it's actually fine and I understand it because back in the days i had a trophy hunter mate who told me that what I did was stupid for the reason that it looks like a cheat but we can consider it like that... I'm gonna explain you how I did this.<br /> <br /> I'll do my best to explain it here but if you have any questions you can contact me through <br /> PSN - (private settings for friend request only, I receive all the messages)<br /> discord - STAZ#1946<br /> facebook - Anastazia Kostrzewa https://www.facebook.com/AgrypinaKst/ /> private e-mail - [email protected]<br /> <br /> Basically on the Playstation 3 system there was a possibility to unlock trophies in offline mode BUT if you haven't updated them by going online they wouldn't update at all on the internet servers of course.<br /> If you unlock the trophies in offline mode and copy your save game on a usb, delete your user that's still in offline mode, you will loose absolutely all the earned trophies in offline mode and it's absolutely impossible to retrieve them and the real time track is lost forever.<br /> I discovered this accidentaly (something around a month before I did this glitch) when my little brother deleted my account with all my game saves.. because he thought he needed to delete users to create a new one... yes, long story short, do not ever leave an 8 year old kid alone with your precious things lol...<br /> <br /> I will explain the whole timeline : I played Devil May Cry HD completely offline for a month or a little more on my little brother's console (that was just an experience, I changed my password on my account so when I was entering my account on his console it was impossible to log in to my psn account) so, I didn't wanted to try it out on my ps3 because I seriously wasn't sure I was able to finish the game on DMD. That game was a pain in the ass on DMD difficulty so when you finish it on this difficulty you unlock a SUPER COSTUME that let's you rush through the game like a real King with an unlimited DEVIL TRIGGER which means constant health regenration, faster movement, faster attacks and you deal also more damage to ANY enemy boss included.<br /> I was of course playing in OFFLINE all the way through so, I was still receiving the trophies but they were not visible on the internet servers because it was not updated. When I completed the game on DMD, all the hardest & time consuming trophies were unlocked in OFFLINE MODE. I also played the whole game with 5 or 6 missing blue orb parts (4 blue orbs parts creates one big BLUE ORB that adds you extra health) I did this just to add even more confusion while I'll be unlocking the trophies in online mode.<br /> After unlocking almost everything, I copied my game save on a usb, then I deleted my account. On my game save I did not unlocked all the guns abilities, i also never finished a level without taking any damage and i haven't maxed out my health bar so I didn't obtained the platinium in offline I was just focused on the hardest trophies.<br /> <br /> I discovered this possibility because of my little brother like previously explained and by pure desire of having fun I wanted to try this out but now that I see that i'm flagged for this, well it breaks my heart a little but knowing that my old mate in the past explained me why it was a stupid thing, now I understand but I will NOT BUY THE DMC HD COLLECTION ON PS4, i'm already f*cked up real hard with Devil May Cry 5 S rank on all difficulties.... massive pain in the ass and I wanna chill out not get on nerves.<br /> <br /> And to explain the Phantom boss problem... that was a ridiculous glitch that had actually nothing to do with my Trophy Time Glitch lol<br /> https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/devil-may-cry-ps3/trophy/45304-Squashed-Like-A-Bug.html /> <br /> <br /> P.S.<br /> I want you to know that I did exactly the same "Trophy time glitch" thing for the game SILENT HILL 2 but compared to Devil May Cry I obtained the platinium trophy on offline mode for it and I had multiple saves with just different endings prepared and the trophy unlocking system in this one was completely different that's why I probably haven't been flagged for it. I knew the whole game's tricks concerning the endings requirements, item/weapons locations, etc. on the tip of my fingers because it was one of my favorite games especially at that specific period.<br /><br /> That's all I wanted to say concerning this so, stay safe everyone during this quarantine and cheers !!<br /> <br /> <br /> - Anastazia / PanPalec

Edited by PanPalec
no boosting on dispute

Dispute threads are not the place for boosting. Use the sessions. 

15 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

To be fair I'm surprised nobody used the dispute threads to advertise boosting, many eyes are lurking on the dispute, so I guess it's a good way to get attention to your boost :D

Posted (edited)

hello !!! i'm actually new to this forum i've been always playing on the playstation consoles since i was 3 years old and trophy hunting since 2009, following guides from playstationtrophies.org and i had to abandon gaming for these past years because of studies, work, many changes in my life, becoming an adult, moving out.. and recently one of my friend told me to check on my profile here and get a bit more interested about the site and start using my account properly, sorry it's my very first time logging in and checking all of the features from this site !!
I'm sorry for the another inconvenience my big bad !!!

good day to everyone!

Edited by PanPalec

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

How did you figure it was about boosting. That Wall of Text stopped me from reading about 1 line in.

You get a LIKE for your commitment to terrible sentence structure. :)

Errr...  someone may want to edit out that personal contact information?

27 minutes ago, Sergen said:

posting these things likely not knowing that it would be available for anyone to see.

I'm pretty sure she knew exactly what she was doing and deliberately used this dispute as an opportunity to fish for boosting partners.

40 minutes ago, Sergen said:

A good example of why disputes shouldn’t be public, because a language barrier here has certainly contributed to her posting these things likely not knowing that it would be available for anyone to see. I’ve thought for a while that the public dispute system has been here to humiliate people rather than help them with their flag, because a lot of disputes even if the person is innocent still has people looking for any excuse to keep the person flagged. We don’t need them public anymore, the flagging team needs to do their research when the dispute is being handled privately. 

I disagree because I remember disputes like two for tales from the borderlands where a save on another version autopops the trophies on the other because while they are different versions(different trophy lists) the save works on both.

The CRT didn't believe this until random people on the thread explained and proved it, those people probably would have remained flagged if the disputes were private. Even if you say do research then that's a lot of work for like three people to do meanwhile there are random people who may be a expert at that game who can help.

I agree that people on these threads like to find excuses to keep people flagged though, so much so it becomes a witch hunt sometimes.

1 minute ago, charxsetsuna said:

I disagree because I remember disputes like two for tales from the borderlands where a save on another version autopops the trophies on the other because while they are different versions(different trophy lists) the save works on both.

The CRT didn't believe this until random people on the thread explained and proved it, those people probably would have remained flagged if the disputes were private. Even if you say do research then that's a lot of work for like three people to do meanwhile there are random people who may be a expert at that game who can help.

It's double-edged, there has also been times where someone did use save files or trophy editing but because enough of the community rallied behind them the CRT was practically strong armed into lifting the flag only to later find several more blatantly cheated games that all but silenced the supporters. You have a point though it is better to let a guilty man go free than condemn an innocent, in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I guess what could be implemented is the dispute starting privately, then with the permission of the person who has started a private dispute they can open it to the public if they are struggling to determine whether the game was legit or not. Either way, I think less disputes should be public and the flagging mentality shouldn't be "I'll approve this flag because they can dispute if it is legit".

I have noticed theres been a lot of flags recently that really shouldn't have been approved.

5 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

It's double-edged, there has also been times where someone did use save files or trophy editing but because enough of the community rallied behind them the CRT was practically strong armed into lifting the flag only to later find several more blatantly cheated games that all but silenced the supporters. You have a point though it is better to let a guilty man go free than condemn an innocent, in my opinion.

A lot of people who cheat do it multiple times (unless it was like a decade ago in which case it was probably just a bored teenager ie- fuel) so even if they get away with it then they will be caught later and the dispute has put them on the CRT radar .

Edited by charxsetsuna

2 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I have noticed theres been a lot of flags recently that really shouldn't have been approved.

I can’t blame the whole flagging team because the flags go through when one of them decides to approve a flag. Maybe behind the scenes there should be a vote to approve flags, rather than 1 member making a mistake and the whole team being thrown under the bus. MMDE was regularly the face of PSNP flagging and took flack for the flags that had been approved, even if he wasn’t the one to approve it. I’ll say that I admire the flagging team for putting themselves out there and being able to respond to the disputes without worrying about their public image because you’re unfortunately bound to get haters by being the person who can decide whether a flag stays or not. I guess it’s evident that the current dispute likely won’t result in the disputer being unflagged, but I suggest that when the verdict is given, the entire first post also gets removed because it does reveal personal information about the person who is disputing. 

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Snip

It’s definitely a thankless job, so thanks for that. A voting system with an active five man team would be nice. 

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

I guess what could be implemented is the dispute starting privately, then with the permission of the person who has started a private dispute they can open it to the public if they are struggling to determine whether the game was legit or not. Either way, I think less disputes should be public and the flagging mentality shouldn't be "I'll approve this flag because they can dispute if it is legit".

I like the sound of that system, but the public disputes need better moderation because the dispute section rules are broken in just about every thread. That's not a criticism of the CRT by the way. There are only a small amount of them and they have lives outside PSNP after all.

hellooooo no no no it's ok the "personal" informations are actually available to everyone even the e-mail it's the e-mail i use for all internet communication it is not my professional and study e-mail !!! and my facebook discord is also open for everyone hit me up if you wanna chill and game on pc or ps4 i just seek for some friends due to the coronavirus situation i lost most of mines and thank you a lot for the answers yes yes i understood that it was bad and that's ok it's just a clarification !!I will not hide the game I accept the decision that's the rules and I interested myself a hella too late it's really my first time here posting 6 years after creating the account lmao but thank you thank you i just wanted to clarify this whole thing no worries happy hunting everyone !!! :D 

thanks again to this community and sorry for the boosting thing i really don't know how to find it also i'm a bit lost on this site too big sorry

15 minutes ago, PanPalec said:

cut

Me after reading ^this:

Duracell bunny with ADHD, lol :]

. and , are useful sometimes ;). 

So OP remains flagged, moving to the next case!

14 minutes ago, Smashero said:

So OP remains flagged, moving to the next case!

Maybe, maybe not. It isn't your place to make a final decision like that.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Correct, you are right. But "spidey sense" tells me that CRT decision will be similar to my opinion...

Edited by Smashero

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Bliss said:

CRT already made their decision when they approved the flag though. OP needs someone to come to their defense but apart from some meta discussion nobody has and probably nobody will, as she pretty much admitted to a breach of the leaderboard rules while pleading her case. She used her own save file to unlock trophies in an unnatural way, this flag will stick.

About the wall of text, that's not OP's fault. Look at those <br/> tags in the text. Those are enter characters that OP used that are not taken over correctly when the post makes it to this forum. It should be easy to fix but apparently nobody can be bothered because it's been like that for a long time.

$text = str_replace("&lt;br /&gt;", "<br/>", $text);

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
also, the code tag is broken it seems :)

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

CRT already made their decision when they approved the flag though. OP needs someone to come to their defense but apart from some meta discussion nobody has and probably nobody will, as she pretty much admitted to a breach of the leaderboard rules while pleading her case. She used her own save file to unlock trophies in an unnatural way, this flag will stick.

(A) Flags that shouldn't get approved, get approved all the time. An individual member of the CRT approving a flag isn't a final decision.

(B) I'm not defending the OP. This particular flag will likely stick. However unless you have a purple title you shouldn't be saying anything with finality. It is as simple as that.

Edited by Bliss

6 minutes ago, Bliss said:

(A) Flags that shouldn't get approved, get approved all the time. An individual member of the CRT approving a flag isn't a final decision.

(B) I'm not defending the OP. This particular flag will likely stick. However unless you have a purple title you shouldn't be saying anything with finality. It is as simple as that.

I agree, only crt have access to all the information like flag reason for example and screenshots of what it used to look like.

31 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I agree, only crt have access to all the information like flag reason for example and screenshots of what it used to look like.

... and it's their job. Regular users who want to chime in and help out the CRT is fine, hence public disputes in the first place. What isn't fine is certain users potentially misleading newcomers by acting like they have authority.

Reminds me of the countless "don't waste our time posts" from people who chose voluntarily to participate in disputes. It's hilarious.

Anyway, nothing to add here in regards to the actual dispute. If anyone wants to continue this discussion then we can do so outside this thread.

28 minutes ago, Bliss said:

... and it's their job. Regular users who want to chime in and help out the CRT is fine, hence public disputes in the first place. What isn't fine is certain users potentially misleading newcomers by acting like they have authority.

Reminds me of the countless "don't waste our time posts" from people who chose voluntarily to participate in disputes. It's hilarious.

Anyway, nothing to add here in regards to the actual dispute. If anyone wants to continue this discussion then we can do so outside this thread.

Thought I would make a thread, I searched to see if one existed but I couldn't find one.