What Is Everyone Thinking Of The Game So Far?

1 hour ago, JoaLoft said:

They nailed it. Considering that this is one of the most highly-anticipated games ever, that's something we shouldn't be taking for granted.

I'll be finishing this one multiple times too, just like I did with the original one. And I can not wait for them to give us some intel on part two of the full remake.

Couldn’t agree more. I am loving every aspect! The games perfect and that really is saying something

It’s a completely new game, extended and more in depth. To make it better, it’s about a story we all already love and it’s exploring it in such depth. I’m near the end of chapter 7 (boss fight) on normal and it’s just amazing 

Why any ‘fan’ of the game series or original is having issues with this is mind boggling. It is a full game, not a 1/3 of one and if anything, having this in instalments just means more screen time of this absolute gem!

i have a feeling I’ll hit some emptiness once I finish it the first time and will need to do multiple runs. Something I haven’t done since FFXs original 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

Why any ‘fan’ of the game series or original is having issues with this is mind boggling. It is a full game, not a 1/3 of one and if anything, having this in instalments just means more screen time of this absolute gem!

I agree that it is a full game. Though my main question when comparing to the PS1 version is after this game:

Spoiler

Will it feature an open world like in the original game

So far I like everything, except possibly summons. I don't like how they operate in this version and how you can use them so rarely and how you can only equip one at once. If you'd bought the deluxe version you'd already have not enough slots to be able to equip anymore. I kinda wish they would just appear in the fight do a big awesome looking attack hitting all enemies and then go away, like they do in the original FF7.

Edited by enaysoft

2 hours ago, DEAD4346 said:

I really don't care for it. I'd say its a 5/10.

The characters aren't really likable for me so far (In Chapter 5, I only really like Jessie and Roche, which is where I'm at rn)

The OST is hit or miss. When it is a hit, its a motherflippin' HIT. Some of the rock is just plain awesome. 

The menu interface is....

Counter-intuitive at best.

My biggest concern is the bike fight and the infiltration of the Shinra factory being the climax of the series, because it was a slog to get to. (As in before the bike part, because the bike part was incredible.)

The pacing is massively inconsistent imo. I'm not going to say anything else to avoid spoilers (hopefully I did) but seriously, I do have some major concerns in regards to this.

Worst of all, this Remake is just making me want a Legend of Dragoon Remake instead of this.

Completely agree. Its mediocre at best. I'm only a few hours in and I'm just over it. The original had a lot of issues, but it was just way more enjoyable. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bawzton said:

Completely agree. Its mediocre at best. I'm only a few hours in and I'm just over it. The original had a lot of issues, but it was just way more enjoyable. 

Unfortunately, I haven't played the original. I technically got into this series thanks to XIV and knowing Uematsu from Megadimension Neptunia VII, which he helped Kenji Kaneko compose (through Earthbound Papas). So I am going in entirely blind.

Haven't started playing yet but powerpyx's guide recommends first playthrough to be easy. I was wondering if this significantly ruins the game from a gameplay perspective. I'm kind of annoyed that its a 2 playthrough plat and shortening the overall playtime would be nice but I wouldn't want that at the expense of potentially making the game boring since its too easy

1 hour ago, DEAD4346 said:

Unfortunately, I haven't played the original. I technically got into this series thanks to XIV and knowing Uematsu from Megadimension Neptunia VII, which he helped Kenji Kaneko compose (through Earthbound Papas). So I am going in entirely blind.

I highly recommend picking up the PS4 port of the original. There seems to be some things threw in as foreshadowing for people that played the original so i dont know how much sense some of the story will make to new players.

• Like 1

I replayed the original a month ago so I’d be prepared to compare, and, frankly, I cannot imagine a better job being done than they have. So far, it has exceeded my expectations.

i’m only on chapter 3 - several hours in, but - for my money - it’s the perfect balance between faithfulness and modernisation. It looks great, sounds great, and knows exactly which little moments from the original to keep the same, which to flesh out and where to deviate.

Early hours now, but if it keeps this up, I think it will be something really special.

two thumbs up.

• Like 1

Aesthetically the game is a wonder. Unfortunately, I think they botched (perhaps too strong a word) the storyline. There is a lot of filler that is seriously cringe. One of the great attributes of the original FF7 was that the story was heavy and condensed. Particularly in the original Japanese version. I realize they had to stretch out the plot for technical reasons, but I strongly feel like a lot was lost by adding so much useless filler. It's no surprise that the worst chapters (in terms of plot, cinematography, and acting) are generally the new ones. 
Otherwise its a great game. Mechanically I would say 9.5/10 as the upgrade/equip systems aren't as intuitive as they could be. 

My favorite part of the original is Midgar and I remember wishing you could explore it more...well now I can.

I'm liking it a lot, combat is really fun, Barret is hilarious but there's not much I can say as I'm only on chapter 2. I like taking my time in games. I spent like an hour walking back and forth listening to people in the streets after the bombing. So far I love the attention to detail. I spend way too much time looking in store windows and food menus haha.

Had a bit of some problems with the combat at first and I'm not yet comfortable with the shortcuts but it will come. At least it feels smooth, and it is satisfying to kill things. What irks me a little is the camera while you fight, but it's no real biggie.

• Like 1

I've been loving it so far (I'm on Chapter 8 at the moment), my biggest problem so far really is just one thing that repeats itself over and over: the slow walk segments! There are so many of them!

I've also noticed some questionable translations (I am playing with the Japanese voices), for example, (off the top of my head) in one of the scenes Tifa screams out "Shut up!" in Japanese, while the English version makes her say "I'm tired of this". In another scene, Aerith says "Ah" when Cloud asks her a question, as in "Yes" or "Right", but the English version makes her say "Dunno". I feel like there is a big difference between saying "Yes/Right" or "Dunno" if someone asks you a question.

I suppose this is something to be expected from a Japanese game, still, if you at any point believe that the voices lines are a bit weird or out of place, do make sure to check out the original Japanese script for this reason.

Another thing that I'd like to mention is how the game loves to show or tell you where you are supposed to go/what you are supposed to do, even if it is extremely obvious. Yes, I see that ladder, I was going to go there anyway, you don't have to show it to me like that... lol.

Enjoying the game so far. I'm on chapter 8 and i'm surprised of how much stuff from the original game is still intact here. Barret comedy segments are really funny and those conversations the characters have while exploring the areas is very well done. I can see why Square Enix decided to make Midgar part as a stand alone game. If part 2 has the same quality as this game that would be awesome.

• Like 1