What Is Everyone Thinking Of The Game So Far?

Seen people complain about the side quests a few times and can't say I really understand it personally. About to finish chapter 14 at around 25 hours played and all the side quests so far have amounted to only like 1, maybe 2 if I am being generous, hours of gameplay. If this was like FF15 where the majority of the game's content was side quests I'd get it, but it's a very small part of FF7R. Plus a good chunk of them lead to a unique mini-boss fight which is good as the combat is really dang fun once you adjust to it.

My only real complaint is the technical aspects of the game, too much texture pop in/really bad textures in general (I assume everyone has seen the apartment door by now) and tons of objects in the game have very low poly models. It kind of takes me out of the experience when I see these insanely amazing character models interacting with objects that look like they came from a PS3 game. Hope the next game being on PS5 will help with that stuff.

• Like 2

I would rate it a 7.5/10 after finishing the game.
Many things to love, some things to dislike and some things to hate.

Love:
The Character models (detail) is fantastic
Opening mission is the most nostalgic I have ever felt in a remake
Combat is fun and can be intense on higher difficulties
Some great additions to the story (more fleshed out story of Jessie is a good example)
The honeybee inn and cross-dressing scenes are fantastic

Tons of fan service!
rock solid 30FPS on ps4 pro and ps4

Dislike:
Boring side quests
Low resolution textures

tons of pop-in
Summons behind paywall or pre orders

Hate:

Sephiroth has been overplayed and is a completely different villain. Instead of not caring, he does care and instead of a mystery he is introduced at every chance they get.
Its not really a remake but more a "Final Fantasy 7 re imagining prequel"

In the end I feel like this game is a cash-in for sure but with a ton of effort. I don't know if I wanted this in my life but I did enjoy it. I didn't love it as much as I loved the original however. If we compare this with the mainline final fantasy games it rates around the FF13 department for me, but the characters we love are in it again so I am going to play all these games regardless.

• Like 3

Since finishing the main story, extra thoughts for this, in particular the summons.  I don't mind how they work in this game, but it does make me wish there were maybe 1 or 2 more to play with (not counting the pre-order ones), like Ramuh or Hades, or heck, even Odin.  But it still make me wonder how they'll work in the second game, hopefully they would be able to be summoned more often just to experience them a little more.

• Like 2

Love it, the game play with quests and all that reminds me of Lightning Returns & Final Fantasy XV. I'm taking my time and exploring everything and really enjoying it, no need to rush it, probably do another playthrough and grind before my Hard playthrough. I'm playing on Normal, I love the new combat system, don't want it too easy. 

At the start I was extremely sceptical about the fighting system. Then I came to the first boss and it was a lot of fun, at least for me.

I'm only in chapter 4 yet, but I'm positively surprised by the remake. Maybe because I wasn't as hyped as for Final Fantasy XV. Also it's only my first impression, let's wait until platinum ;)

I've really enjoyed this game but man do they need to improve the materia system and especially summons.

You can't use summon straight away and can only use 1 at once and can only equip one per character and the slot is separate and even when in combat half the time you can't even see them. Summons are not great in this game. I guess we can forgot about Knights Of The Round being in the next game, what with there being 12 of them and all.

Also with summons you pair them anymore. No, Final Attack + Pheonix this time then.... Being able to use Element + Ifrit on your Armour and becoming immune to fire attack, or Added Effect + Ifrit on your weapon allowing you to deal fire damage. So much materia customisation has been lost now. Also only elements now so you can't even use things Time on your paired materia and sometimes cause slow or stop on your attacks. You can't even upgrade Steal into Mug, no more Slash All and Stealling all items from all enemies.

Combine command and support materia together. W Magic, Mime, Counter Materia, Morph etc I really hope they add more materia and improve the combat in the next game.

Edited by enaysoft

On 13/04/2020 at 11:30 PM, ZenaxPure said:

My only real complaint is the technical aspects of the game, too much texture pop in/really bad textures in general (I assume everyone has seen the apartment door by now) and tons of objects in the game have very low poly models. It kind of takes me out of the experience when I see these insanely amazing character models interacting with objects that look like they came from a PS3 game. Hope the next game being on PS5 will help with that stuff.

Thank you. I stood by the apartment doors for a few minutes to see if things would pop in but nope...

Hopefully it gets fixed in patches or for ps5.

i also want an Aerith avatar

I'ts underwhelming so far. They really did stretch out that tiny fragment of the entire original game. Jumping in straight from Persona 5 Royal (quite possibly my top fav right now) didn't do it any good, too. I was defending the idea of splitting it into many games, as long as it comes out. I know now it was a big mistake.

• Like 4

Ok, here goes. I finished the game yesterday and spent a lot of time thinking about the overall experience I had with it. I decided to break my opinion into a few segments here, so bear with me. 

Graphics

The graphics in this game are stunning to put it simply. There is, in all honesty, no point in comparing this game to the original when it comes to graphical fidelity, and I will never understand the people who do it. Not everything looks excellent though, while the main cast of the characters and most of the environment in Midgar look fabulous, the NPCs look like that botched family you made in The Sims.

Music

Come on, it was great 20 years ago, and it sounds even better now. Also, the discs that you can find while exploring offer some remixes to listen to, and they are a blast as well - looking at you no 22.

Quests

While some of them are fairly enjoyable and typical for RPGs, some are simply stupid.

Spoiler

For example, early on, there is a quest where Cloud has to help a little girl look for her pet cats. He styles himself as an ex-member of an elite military force, and he goes to look for a bunch of cats. CATS! I think that Japan is the only country in the entire world where genetically enhanced killing machines would help kids find their lost animals.

I understand quests where you are sent to kill a dragon, or a dog, or anything, and fetch an item. You are a fearless mercenary, and maybe people in the slums of Midgar are afraid of dragons, dogs, and other things. I don't know, but some of the side-quests in the remake are just borderline idiotic, especially if you juxtapose them with the fact that the story has become somewhat more mature (in certain places). 

Story

I guess that this cannot go without saying this: 

Ch-ch-ch-changes~ 

Spoiler

People have waited a long time for this game, and I understand that some of the things in this game may not click, but when did Square Enix say that they are making a 1:1 version of the game? People expected to see the same thing they played all those years ago, but with better graphics? Come on. Yes, this game's plot changed in some ways in comparison to the one you may remember, but it is no way a bad thing.

Imagine this. You have played FF7, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, and seen Advent Children Complete, and you are talking with someone who has not. You will blurt out things like "this part is amazing", "this next boss is hard", or "oh, that part is the best", but in reality, you should think that you would like to experience all those again - the excitement that you felt when you played the game for the first time, and the ending of FF7R gives you that, and nothing more. I am happy they changed this game, and I am saying this as a fan of the original, which I remember. I don't want to play the same game again and again and again, I want new experiences with the characters I know and love, and I am sure that those lay ahead in the next part. Thinking about the second game is exciting because this is something unknown to us all

Combat 

I must admit that I am having a kind of love-hate relationship with the combat system in this game. There are things that I like, such as the fact that you can run around like a madman and murder the s**t out of everything with a Buster Sword, or just how you seamlessly transition from one character to another, and how fluid everything seems. 

What I don't like is the goddamn stagger system. The combat is great, and I like fighting enemies in this game, but some fights seem to drag forever because of it., and at certain points I found myself thinking that I would love to go back to exploring (or to Whack-a-box - man, I love this mini-game). I played this game with my wife watching how the story unfolded, and there were often times when she'd just get up and leave the room to do something else than watch me fight a f***ing house for twenty minutes. 

TL;DR

This game is brilliant, and you should play it, especially if you are able to free yourself from nostalgia's steel grip.

Edited by Iksde

They've done a fantastic job. It's given me almost everything I wanted to experience in this remake. More character backgrounds, interacations and motivations.

Midgard is a joy to explore, linear yes but other than where I've gone I don't feel like I'm being restricted. I don't need a huge hub world. I'm here for Cloud and Co!

Combat and materia use is fun, spending so much time trying new combos. Camera can get wonky even at the furthest back. Some npcs and side quests are pretty cringe and are clearly filler but the good out ways the bad. I'm on chapter 15 and the pacing has been good. Just want more tbh, more grinding and mini bosses but I'm probably being selfish as I haven't finshed it and round 39 hours in.

I have not had a gaming experience like this since Metal Gear Solid 4. The sheer emotion and nostalgia has had me laughing and tearing up! The musical score is majestic, so many nods and love the different styles of classic songs. Voice acting for the most part is great. Chadley wrecks my head though and not a fan of Sephiroths new voice from what I've heard so far.

I've finished the original many times over the years and glad I didn't platinum it so I can jump straight back to it after I have this remake done. Don't get people complaining for part 2 now. The whole story is already out ? (Bit I can't wait for it ?)

9/10

Edited by Elburko666

I really liked the majority of the game and I think they did a good job thus far and all things considered, most of the changes are pretty good.

I do take issue with the ending though and the combat in someways. The final chapter honestly felt like the most out of place random event in the game and the whole stuff with the whispers is kinda pulling the story back. What I mean about that is, the whispers are there to seemingly keep the game on track with the originals story, however what that does to the narrative doesn't really add to the experience and makes absolutely no sense. I get that they wanted to tell a new story rather than rehash the same one from the original, it's just putting something as nonsensical as that in the game just makes it a joke and doesn't really set this game apart from the original. If you want to tell a new story, just do it, no need to put in these weird bs things that just show up at convenient intervals and really do random things, like with wedge at the end giving him the most unceremonious "death" up to that point in the game at least. They also ruin chapter 12 due to that scene with biggs being shown alive, just taking all of the emotional toil that the chapter brought. The final chapter really is a bit of a mess that will set up scenes that either ruin or are so stupid you just stop caring about what is going on in the story, and the parties motivation to go find Sephiroth at the end is kinda weak since only cloud really interacted with him throughout the story, with aerith kinda chiming in right before the arbiter of fate shit.

The combat is something I also take issue with in some aspects. There are many times that you will be stun locked from just gun fire from random fodder and are stuck there to just take it or from certain moves like algid aura from the drakes, and being stuck in that especially in hard mode is extraordinarily punishing and frustrating. given that they really went for real time gameplay in this game they should have taken a bit of a closer look at some of the mechanics and how tanky the enemies are with proportion to their damage out put and their stunabliity and ability to stun. In particular the abzu boss where you're just ganged up and if you get bad rng you just sit there and let the one character take like 4000 damage or more if the boss decides to chime in. It's is not particularly fun to put in a more challenging mode and lock content behind it if the majority of the difficulty comes from mechanics that you can't really control or even do much to prevent and the challenge is to make already tanky enemies more tank like and do absurd damage. I also think that the counter mechanic is just way to damaging for how easy it is to pull off and there should have been more moves on tifa to give her more versatility in combat and barret should have gotten a skill like maximum fury earlier as his early game abilities are bad.

For the first entry into the remake series I don't think it's bad and I really liked a lot of the ways they handled the story, with chapter 9 and 12 being really phenomenal parts of the story that developed the characters relationships and really drove you're emotions in some parts. It's just how they in some ways ruin some of that with the ending and having it also be rather lack luster for giving motivation to go after Sephiroth after really shinra still seeming to be their main enemy at the end. This coupled with the combat being more style over substance makes me somewhat worried about the future of the remake however it has made me really want to go back to play the original after I get the platinum and I am grateful for being able to relive some of the memories I had as a child in this re-imagining. 

I've really enjoyed the game, even the weird final chapter, although I have not liked the stupid ghost stuff, at all

I have to say though I am going through the game on Hard and I am not really enjoying myself. Not in the fact the game is hard, the challenge is fun, but it's quite tedious going through the entire game again so soon, imagine if you played the original FF7 and finally after breaking out of MIdgar, you decided to restart the game again from the beginning.

It feels like that, and having unskippable walking cutscenes all over the place throughout the game doesn't help. It was an awesome experience the first time soaking everything in, second time around it just slows the pace down.

I really want to continue playing the rest of the game, and because I can only replay the beginningof the game further grinding and levelling them up to them not be able to take them anywhere further, for probably 3+ years, it makes me really kinda sad. We've all waited all this time and yet the wait is still not over.

I guess Hard is better than nothing, but it still feels like filler, padding things out. Red should have an unlockable character that you get once you have completed the game once, that would have made my day.

• Like 1

What I'm Thinking Of The Game So Far?

Amazing!! I enjoyed it I keep comparing between the classic and the remake because I don't want them to change anything important was in the classic I will be mad lol, I want to see my fav summon hades soon.

But I'm still in chapter 15, I will complete the game when I'm back on 30 April.

I like this new challenge soo much ?

(Tifa Pull-Up Challenge Pro Difficulty normal mode)

Edited by Naomie_Len
broken spoiler

My quick thoughts after getting the Platinum:

Pros:

Beautiful music for 90% of the time (Hate that Hip Hop de Chocobo)

Best dialogue exchanges I've seen in a JRPG

Hard Mode combat is really rewarding and makes you utilize the combat system

Cons:

The invisible loading screens get annoying in subsequent playthroughs

Some texture loading issues, but that may be fixed in a later patch

So far just finished chapter 8. yeah im playing other games in between. but

Pros:

-character models,

- character personalities (aside from Barret singing his tunes...)

-dialogue between them (Aerith is amazing.), -flashbacks of Cloud's mind,

-combat system for the most part,

-music upgrades

Cons:

- can't really increase def/atk much. Sure you can level a bit but seems youre always limited 

- some fights are cheap af until you use assess and realize you came in unprepared. As if it forces you to play a certain way

- Background textures and anything that's not a main character or main building is pretty blurry or pops in and out. They really should have just given this another 2 months of polish. Release it in the summer. Seems rushed still. Though patches could fix it.

- It's a touch linear at times, but its done better than FF13. Hopefully part 2 is a bit more open.

- Side quests are mostly fetch quests and padding... chase cats. Go talk to A and then B, fight monster. Back to A.....

I would personally give it a 8/10

Pros

- Chapter 1-17 has good and detailed storyline. Characters such as Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie are more alive and with personalities than the original story

- Perfect music

- Varieties of weapons and materia

Cons

Spoiler

- Parallel world and looping setting mentioned in Chapter 18 sounds pretty cliche and Aerith is also pretty weird in this last chapter. I have no complains that Square would like to revive her but it could be much better if they write the story more smoothly

- Square isn't good at designing an action battle system, is it?

- Spamming cutscenes

- Most quests are kinda tedious, although some of them are fun

- Some settings in the hard mode sounds unpolished, like no item usage (is this supposed to be an rpg game?) and no MP recover upon sitting on the bench. Seems like they find those magic spells too overpowered and cannot come up a way to nerf them

Edited by Astray404
  • Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 9:41 PM, GoDBoss173 said:

It seems it was worth enough to play through the whole campaign. At this point asking for a refund is just brazen. If you dropped the game after 2-3 hours, no problem, but after completing the game? Just to make it clear, it is not my intention to offend/insult you but such a mentality is pathetic imo.

Two problems:

A)I play these games on a YT channel. I intend on doing reviews. As such, I had to play through.

B)Pathetic? STFU. Brazen to ask for a refund after a final verdict of going down from 5/10-2/10? That's like saying WWE 2K20 shouldn't have been asked for a refund despite how bad of an experience it is.

The only "pathetic" thing here are FF7 Remake drones who find zero fault in this pile of bile.

1 hour ago, DEAD4346 said:

Two problems:

A)I play these games on a YT channel. I intend on doing reviews. As such, I had to play through.

B)Pathetic? STFU. Brazen to ask for a refund after a final verdict of going down from 5/10-2/10? That's like saying WWE 2K20 shouldn't have been asked for a refund despite how bad of an experience it is.

The only "pathetic" thing here are FF7 Remake drones who find zero fault in this pile of bile.

FF7 Remake drones? I never played the original and I dont intend to play the remake so try again. It isnt about game xy, it is about your nerve to ask for a refund after playing a game for approximately 30 hours and the reason (youtube reviews, your review score) doesnt matter.

"Brazen to ask for a refund after a final verdict of going down from 5/10-2/10? That's like saying WWE 2K20 shouldn't have been asked for a refund despite how bad of an experience it is."

There is a huge difference between playing a bad game for 1-2 hours and playing it for 30 hours+ but if you dont even get that difference then I think it is just a waste of time here. That said, WWE is a pretty poor comparison for several reasons.

Well I doubt you will get a refund, especially if you bought the game on the psn store but I wish you good luck and I mean it.

Edited by GoDBoss173

1 hour ago, GoDBoss173 said:

FF7 Remake drones? I never played the original and I dont intend to play the remake so try again. It isnt about game xy, it is about your nerve to ask for a refund after playing a game for approximately 30 hours and the reason (youtube reviews, your review score) doesnt matter.

"Brazen to ask for a refund after a final verdict of going down from 5/10-2/10? That's like saying WWE 2K20 shouldn't have been asked for a refund despite how bad of an experience it is."

There is a huge difference between playing a bad game for 1-2 hours and playing it for 30 hours+ but if you dont even get that difference then I think it is just a waste of time here. That said, WWE is a pretty poor comparison for several reasons.

Well I doubt you will get a refund, especially if you bought the game on the psn store but I wish you good luck and I mean it.

One thing we'll agree on is that it is undeniably not going to be refunded. Also, yes it does matter of the fact that I have a channel. Else I wouldn't play this game past a chapter.

Also, how exactly is it a poor comparison (aside from apples to oranges). Its not a poor comparison when both operate on the same operational logic. I.E. Play experience would normally lead one to disdain and dislike. On further evaluation though, I do get why they wouldn't. Else everyone would try to cheapen their product and demand refunds all the time. But again, WWE 2K20 is an example because people actually got a lot of refunds despite being well into the 10-20 hour mark. All over youtube, you'll find videos of youtubers expressing disdain and desires to refund it.

The whole point of mentioning 2K20 is the example of the exception here to what is normally a fair rule. An egregiously bad game with various problems. At what point do we say "enough is enough"?

I could go onto multi-page tirades on this game, but I assume you would all rather not. 

Albeit it is duly noted at the end there for the well-wishes. I was going to call out the whole "pathetic" bit, but the end of your post changed my mind on both that and my perspective of your viewpoint.

Edited by DEAD4346
Format issues

2 hours ago, DEAD4346 said:

Also, how exactly is it a poor comparison (aside from apples to oranges). Its not a poor comparison when both operate on the same operational logic. I.E. Play experience would normally lead one to disdain and dislike. On further evaluation though, I do get why they wouldn't. Else everyone would try to cheapen their product and demand refunds all the time. But again, WWE 2K20 is an example because people actually got a lot of refunds despite being well into the 10-20 hour mark. All over youtube, you'll find videos of youtubers expressing disdain and desires to refund it.

It's a poor comparison because you just don't like the Remake and that's fine. WWE2k20 is (Was? I doubt they've fixed it) a massive glitchfest and its graphics were downright atrocious at times along with plethora of other problems - just see the Steam reviews for instance. It's just downright a mess that should not have been released in the state it was. Here you are just experiencing a subjectively bad game that doesn't have much problems at all beyond texture pop in. You won't find too much disdain over FFVII aside from the controversial ending which some like, some hate, some are indifferent. That's about it.

I've had this experience countless of times, most notably with Ni no Kuni 1 & 2 (they're just so blegh aside from graphics and yet I plat'd them and bought the latter at full price believing it would be a step up - it wasn't) and yet I'd never humor the thought that I want a refund for them. Then there are experiences where I actually would want some compensation for the broken ass product (looking at you, NISA and Hundred Knight on PS3) but never being able to receive anything and never getting offered anything.

Not to go personal but your hostile behaviour towards others (calling others drones because they don't exactly agree that disliking the game after finishing is grounds for refund?) doesn't exactly raise interest in your YT channel and as such I really find it unlikely that you *had* to play it through if you hated it so much. Everyone and their mother can have a channel, but unless you're a huge and I mean huge influencer you'll just get laughed at for asking refunds. And those who are huge influencers won't even care about the money they dropped on the game because it's either a drop in the ocean or more likely: because they got it for free to begin with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEAD4346 said:

One thing we'll agree on is that it is undeniably not going to be refunded. Also, yes it does matter of the fact that I have a channel. Else I wouldn't play this game past a chapter.

The whole point of mentioning 2K20 is the example of the exception here to what is normally a fair rule. An egregiously bad game with various problems. At what point do we say "enough is enough"?

I could go onto multi-page tirades on this game, but I assume you would all rather not. 

Albeit it is duly noted at the end there for the well-wishes. I was going to call out the whole "pathetic" bit, but the end of your post changed my mind on both that and my perspective of your viewpoint.

Well I get your point.Like I said in my original post, I never meant to offend/insult you and I have to admit that "pathetic" was a bit too harsh and probably the wrong adjective to use.

From what I saw ( tried the demo and watched a few let plays) I dont think FF7R is nearly as bad as WWE in terms of quality and bugs, at least not from an objective view. It might have some issues and I can see why some people dont like the game but putting it on the same level as WWE is a bit too much. I think we all have played objectively decent/good/great games we still dont like, personally I cant stand mass effect or dark souls 1. I just dont think thats enough to justify a refund, especially after completing the whole thing. The main reason why WWE players got a refund was the fact that the game was a technical trainwreck. Thats not the case with FF7.

Edited by GoDBoss173

11 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Well I get your point.Like I said in my original post, I never meant to offend/insult you and I have to admit that "pathetic" was a bit too harsh and probably the wrong adjective to use.

From what I saw ( tried the demo and watched a few let plays) I dont think FF7R is nearly as bad as WWE in terms of quality and bugs, at least not from an objective view. It might have some issues and I can see why some people dont like the game but putting it on the same level as WWE is a bit too much. I think we all have played objectively decent/good/great games we still dont like, personally I cant stand mass effect or dark souls 1. I just dont think thats enough to justify a refund, especially after completing the whole thing. The main reason why WWE players got a refund was the fact that the game was a technical trainwreck. Thats not the case with FF7.

Fair enough. Maybe it was because I started with the Remake, that it made me dislike it. From what my subs tell me, in the original story, a lot of the characters were more likable and the story pacing was far better as well in comparison. Before the VII Remake, I only played small pieces of XIV and XV and I'd have to say I liked those better. So I respect fair disagreements, because I know my thoughts on the matter can be contentious (I mean, I would rate KH3 higher. Just that aspect alone puts a target on my back.)

12 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

It's a poor comparison because you just don't like the Remake and that's fine. WWE2k20 is (Was? I doubt they've fixed it) a massive glitchfest and its graphics were downright atrocious at times along with plethora of other problems - just see the Steam reviews for instance. It's just downright a mess that should not have been released in the state it was. Here you are just experiencing a subjectively bad game that doesn't have much problems at all beyond texture pop in. You won't find too much disdain over FFVII aside from the controversial ending which some like, some hate, some are indifferent. That's about it.

I've had this experience countless of times, most notably with Ni no Kuni 1 & 2 (they're just so blegh aside from graphics and yet I plat'd them and bought the latter at full price believing it would be a step up - it wasn't) and yet I'd never humor the thought that I want a refund for them. Then there are experiences where I actually would want some compensation for the broken ass product (looking at you, NISA and Hundred Knight on PS3) but never being able to receive anything and never getting offered anything.

Not to go personal but your hostile behaviour towards others (calling others drones because they don't exactly agree that disliking the game after finishing is grounds for refund?) doesn't exactly raise interest in your YT channel and as such I really find it unlikely that you *had* to play it through if you hated it so much. Everyone and their mother can have a channel, but unless you're a huge and I mean huge influencer you'll just get laughed at for asking refunds. And those who are huge influencers won't even care about the money they dropped on the game because it's either a drop in the ocean or more likely: because they got it for free to begin with.

I'm aware of the whole "generate interest in your youtube channel" bit, if not in distinct contrast with two distinct issues.

A)There are entire demographics built on ripping on things for the sake of ripping on things on YouTube. Most of which, are far more profitable than what I do.

B)The other posts I've done in response invalidate your claims on top of which.

Look, I understand your point. I.E. the dichotomy between "having a bad experience" and "a game that's so poorly designed that Steam shouldn't even have it on as shovelware" albeit the last quotation is more of me putting my own spin on it.

Also, yes I played it through because the algorithm likes mainstream games with mainstream popularity. Also, "getting laughed for asking for refunds" doesn't factor into my mentality. I've long learned to ignore or attack anything stated without a positive point about it. Positive point as in ripping on something as actual good criticism and I do admit I was hasty in regards to the whole "drones" bit. That's what constructive criticism does. Pose a fair contrasting point in trust that the other party will be rational and lo and behold, the person who I had a very vitriolic contrast with, changed my viewpoint on the matter. You would have noticed, if not for your self-righteous tirade, that the disagreement had settled. I would advise you not to make the same mistake of hasty response.

The main lesson I learned from my experience with the Remake, is to buy any game I do not know I will like, hard copy from a place like Amazon, who has a return policy over a certain period of time. Maybe not Amazon, I don't remember which site has the policy, but the point remains the same. 

Edited by DEAD4346
Clarification