The Witcher &The Witcher 2 Remasters or Remakes (Campaign Initiative, Rumors, and Estimates)

DarkLordSHTR

CD Project company gets a lot of requests in this regard.
A remake version of many games has been released recently and continues to be made.

Would you like to see remake or remastered versions of these two games?
Personally, I would.

If you want to see this, write a message with your opinion in the links below.

------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/cdprojektred

https://twitter.com/witchergame

phone: +48 22 519 69 00

Business inquiries – CD PROJEKT RED:
E-mail: [email protected]

Contact for investors and journalists:
phone: +48 22 519 69 00

General Meetings of Shareholders related inquiries:
E-mail: [email protected]

Data Protection Officer:
Michał Sztąberek

------------------------------------------------------

We can make our predictions in this topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources and Rumors;

hqdefault.jpg

BohP4Wj.jpg

Edited by DarkLordSHTR
  • Like 4

The first Witcher game wasn't all that good, honestly. It needs more than a remaster, something that brings it more in line with the gameplay and quality of the other games. Otherwise I think newer fans of the franchise will be disappointed.

But a remaster is all the second game needs.

There's no way CDPR is releasing either any time soon, though.

Yes, I wonder what your think.

I personally want it.
But I can't start such a campaign on my own.

This happened before. People succeeded in Resident Evil, Final Fantasy and Yakuza and more games.
If we really want and reach the right people, we can be instrumental in this.

This is hard but not impossible.

1 minute ago, HellcoreFire said:

I don't know why he does this but these kind of threads aren't his first rodeo. I've been clickbaited more than once, lol.

This is not an clickbait, it's just a call for help. The topic name is very descriptive.

Clickbait is for carp. Are you carp?

I remember that at some point the guys from CD Projekt Red said they are not interested in remaking/remastering W1 and W2 and they want to move forward, the costs would be too great to revive the old games.

And honestly...you do NOT want the combat from Witcher 1. Finished that game and it was super awesome not gonna lie but the combat was atrocious. Even when you learned it , it still was a massive pain (tbh it always amuses me when people complain about the combat in Witcher 3, they have no idea what pain truly is until they rhythmically clicked like madmen just to get killed by an overgrown plant).

Witcher 2 is way way better but still clunky. I am pretty sure the devs won't consider remakes any time soon. They have Cyberpunk to deal with anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally find the combat in W1 acceptable, maybe the Swallow potion is too OP? Again, it is not really polished like that Jap fighting game but it does have its own flavor. Mashing buttons won't get you far.

I would welcome a remake on both, given that I haven't played W2. However, i would like an original EU version, not the censored US version.

15 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

I would welcome a remake on both, given that I haven't played W2. However, i would like an original EU version, not the censored US version.

I have the European version so it doesn't really matter to me, but the US version was censored?

2 hours ago, Zenpai said:

I have the European version so it doesn't really matter to me, but the US version was censored?

Yes, the Witcher 1 sold in US is censored to remove the nudity on cards (could be wrong, but the censorship is there). Fortunately i got an EU version of the game from amazon. Not that matters much but i just don't like the feeling of playing a censored game.

32 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

Yes, the Witcher 1 sold in US is censored to remove the nudity on cards (could be wrong, but the censorship is there). Fortunately i got an EU version of the game from amazon. Not that matters much but i just don't like the feeling of playing a censored game.

The steam version isn't censored

Personally, I would love the first two games to be available on PlayStation. I have an older laptop so I had to use a streaming service to play the first one, and I borrowed my dads Xbox to play the second but I would love to play them again and it would certainly be easier, and look better, to play remastered versions on PlayStation. 

Having said that, they would need a bit a bit of an overhaul first. Mostly for the first game. W2 would need very little work; story is great, combat needs just a couple of tweaks to make it slightly less clunky, and I think they would need to look at the colour palette. When you compare it to W3, 2 looks washed out. A remaster would be fine. 

But the first game would need a complete remake in Wild Hunts engine, in my personal opinion. The characters have little to no facial expressions, the walking is clunky, the story is a bit thin and if you haven’t seen the combat, go have a look on youtube. I could spend hours laughing at Geralt waving a sword over his head while swaying on the spot. 

I honestly don't think CDPR would do this. They already cancelled plans to redo the first one years ago when they considered porting it to console under the title Rise of the White Wolf (I think I’ve remembered that title correctly) and with Cyberpunk coming soon, it doesn’t look likely that they’d work on games they’ve already released. But we can live in hope.

Edited by RedDeadWitcher93
Silly iPad autocorrect

• 2 weeks later...

If CD Projekt Red doesn't want to remake/remaster these games, that's entirely up to them. Not the gaming community.

From their attitude those two games are too far in the past for them to bother "retouching" just so they can please a few hardcore Witcher fans. I should probably play them on the PC, might be missing out on a pretty decent story.

I would love a remake of Witcher 1, imagine a younger more agile Geralt with the style of Witcher 3. They should probably change up the swamp part that people didn't like and it would be nice if you had to research monsters and prepare a bit more before taking them on since Geralt isn't as experienced.