PlayStation website remote deactivation no-longer working: The connection to the server timed out.

Sergen

6 hours ago, Gage said:

I got the form through support chat on Monday, but still waiting for a response on it. 

They won't send me an answer ... they just released the slots after about 4 hours. Login to your account via browser and check if it is already ok.

6 minutes ago, Big_Borba said:

They won't send me an answer ... they just released the slots after about 4 hours. Login to your account via browser and check if it is already ok.

I actually got an email today confirming that the deactivation occurred, as well as one asking for feedback on how support was ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blkburn123 said:

@Gage please could you send me a link to create a ticket to get them to sort it out for me, it only ever shows me a telephone number on the website and iI dont think anyone there answering as i waited ages earlier

You could try going through NA support and see if they can do anything for you: https://support.playstation.com/prechatenglishform#!/  AFAIK there isn't text chat support for EU region, so not sure if they can do anything for people who don't have NA accounts. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dzstrpc said:

So if you YLOD 2 PS3s you'll loose access to your PS3 games library forever?

Or, can you have more than 2 PS3s activated simultaneously?

If so, how many?

If you purchased the content prior to November 18th 2011, you can have the content active on five simultaneous PS3s. Content purchased afterwards is restricted to two activations.

• Like 2

UPDATE: so I attempted to ring Sony again, the only option it allows to contact them from the UK. If anyone wants the telephone number is 020 3538 2665. Got through after about 20 min wait. I explained I came back to my ps3 after not touching it for a while and couldn't  play any digital games. I deactivated every ps3 I own but it didnt do anything and I tried the website and it said it failed but then next time it said I had wait 6 months. The guy on the phone was very nice and said he would deactivate all the ps3 and ps vita for me after explaining but told me they dont normally do this but would do it for me this time. As he did it i was logged in the website account and i checked my devices and it took seconds and it was sorted.

Before I left I mentioned there were a number of people having same problem as me in a forum. I asked him if it was broken which he said its still working, he mentioned because i had too many ps3 and vita etc it may glitched the system deactivating all on the website and then i have to wait 6 months to try again.

Hopefully a few others manage to get theirs sorted like i have. Thanks everyone for your help

55 minutes ago, blkburn123 said:

UPDATE: so I attempted to ring Sony again, the only option it allows to contact them from the UK. If anyone wants the telephone number is 020 3538 2665. Got through after about 20 min wait. I explained I came back to my ps3 after not touching it for a while and couldn't  play any digital games. I deactivated every ps3 I own but it didnt do anything and I tried the website and it said it failed but then next time it said I had wait 6 months. The guy on the phone was very nice and said he would deactivate all the ps3 and ps vita for me after explaining but told me they dont normally do this but would do it for me this time. As he did it i was logged in the website account and i checked my devices and it took seconds and it was sorted.

Before I left I mentioned there were a number of people having same problem as me in a forum. I asked him if it was broken which he said its still working, he mentioned because i had too many ps3 and vita etc it may glitched the system deactivating all on the website and then i have to wait 6 months to try again.

Hopefully a few others manage to get theirs sorted like i have. Thanks everyone for your help

That's a kind of bullshit response by the person on the phone, literally nobody has come here to confirm that the PS3 is possible to deactivate through the website. It is certainly broken and they need to fix it eventually but I can wait on that because the current pandemic probably won't allow for these fixes to come any time soon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, blkburn123 said:

What a bullshit response.. too many systems glitched the system? LOL.. and suddenly everyone have too many systems.. yeah.

@Sergen @Kristmas2 i was thinking the same thing, i reckon he must know its broke and that why he said he would deactivate it for me this time. Im just happy I managed to sort my issue out  and can self boost again. Like others have said Im gonna take it as a warning/hint that ps3 probably wont be around much longer. Need to crack on with the ps3 backlog. I wonder if we lose all our digital content when they decide to pull the ps3 plug out

4 hours ago, Gamehelp said:

Yea has been like this for a while, I could have sworn it was three consoles, but probably not.

I guess i'm going to internalise this as a warning from sony, with the PS5 around the corner who knows how long it will be until PS3 online play is dropped completely, however considering how old the console is, I estimate the closure is closer than we think.

Use it while we can I guess, and try to get as many online trophies out of the way as possible xD

it was 5 ps3 originally and then they changed it to 3 a couple years ago. I didnt even know it had changed to 2 ps3 until i could go on my ps3 again last week

16 minutes ago, blkburn123 said:

@Sergen @Kristmas2 i was thinking the same thing, i reckon he must know its broke and that why he said he would deactivate it for me this time. Im just happy I managed to sort my issue out  and can self boost again. Like others have said Im gonna take it as a warning/hint that ps3 probably wont be around much longer. Need to crack on with the ps3 backlog. I wonder if we lose all our digital content when they decide to pull the ps3 plug out

it was 5 ps3 originally and then they changed it to 3 a couple years ago. I didnt even know it had changed to 2 ps3 until i could go on my ps3 again last week

No, as @Helyx said above,

"If you purchased the content prior to November 18th 2011, you can have the content active on five simultaneous PS3s. Content purchased afterwards is restricted to two activations."

So much wild speculation and misinformation in this thread.

Hopefully this gets fixed. I do not have high hopes though.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Hopefully this gets fixed. I do not have high hopes though.  

I'm lucky enough to have deactivated my busted PS3s via the Qriocity website a few years ago. This is certainly one of (if not the) final nail in the coffin for the lifespan of online PS3 gaming.

4 hours ago, blkburn123 said:

@Sergen @Kristmas2i was thinking the same thing, i reckon he must know its broke and that why he said he would deactivate it for me this time. 

The "We'll only do this one time" is a pretty standard thing from Support in regards to basically anything, I don't expect they actually know anything about it when the account management thing we can do still implies it should, so they likely have that same information. You could always get support to do deactivation for you if you were locked out of the web one, and they'd basically always give that response if they did it. 

5 hours ago, blkburn123 said:

I really doubt sony will take all our digital content. That would be a PR nightmare. Besides, you can still download games on the PSP. Sure, you need a workaround to buy games but the option to download is still available. This problem must be a glitch and nothing else. Don't panic and start making wild assumptions, people.  ? Sony is infamous with some of those glitches in my opinion. PSN store rejecting credit cards for no reason till this day, PS3 online store with the old interface crashing the console for years, mysterious errors downloading games on the Vita, etc etc. 

PS3 online gaming = For sure is gonna go.
PS3 store on console = Naturally.
PS3 trophies = I don't think so? Maybe in some years?
PS3 digital content = No way lol.

I mean for sure, nothing lasts forever (not even ourselves), but I really doubt this is the last year, or even years of the PS3. They're gonna update online messaging for PS3 users to be more isolated, that's a good sign on sony's part. If they're gonna shut down everything soon, that PS3 update improving the QOL of the console doesn't make any sense. Sorry for rambling too much, i'm gonna go now ?

Edited by red_tyrant
Writing a thesis related to sony's glitches
  • Like 2

So, after reading through this thread I decided to test this myself. Result: No console was deactivated. It has nothing to do with PS3. PS4 is still activated as well. Conclusion: It's a bug on Sony's side.

But this thread is a prime example of how fake news spread.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Santa said:

So, after reading through this thread I decided to test this myself. Result: No console was deactivated. It has nothing to do with PS3. PS4 is still activated as well. Conclusion: It's a bug on Sony's side.

Wow, this information changes everything - so it must be a glitch, hope they will repair this soon.

1 hour ago, Santa said:

11 minutes ago, Kristmas2 said:

Wow, this information changes everything - so it must be a glitch, hope they will repair this soon.

Funny how an issue that should probably be in their best interest to fix immediately instead evolved to start affecting their main console. They can't keep overlooking this now. I find it even funnier that in the time where people are probably more likely to want to access their digital library, the option to deactivate old consoles isn't available.

• Like 1

I've just tried to deactivate an alt that had a PS3 and PS4 activated and I can say that it successfully deactivated them! This means maybe the issue is fixed, can anyone else try it out and confirm?

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2