PlayStation website remote deactivation no-longer working: The connection to the server timed out.

Sergen

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I've just tried to deactivate an alt that had a PS3 and PS4 activated and I can say that it successfully deactivated them! This means maybe the issue is fixed, can anyone else try it out and confirm?

Yeah Bro... Deactivation performed successfully!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dunno if I would say this issue is "back" per se, as it is different, and I'm unsure if it's affecting everyone, but I can confirm one friend is currently having the same issue.

Logging into my account on the Playstation/Sony website today, I noticed my "activated Playstation systems (games)" is apparently 0, despite having 2 PS3s, a Vita and a PS4 all currently activated. Clicking on it simply tells me there are currently no systems activated, and has a link on how to activate the main Playstation systems.

I have tried manually re-activating my PS3 and Vita, and it still shows 0 on the site. My PS4 is also still just set as primary.

So currently there is no way to de-activate anything through the site. My consoles are still all acting like they're activated though, so I'm unsure if it's just some weird issue on their servers, again.

The site in general seems a little spotty at the moment however, as it is often bringing up a "The connection to the server timed out" page when trying to access the activated systems/device management page, and even happened once when trying to log in. Can confirm this is also happening with my friend so I don't believe it's my internet (and everything else is working fine anyway).

Can anyone else confirm if this issue is happening for them as well?

Edited by SuperSmexy500

Damn Sony fucked up again and now whenever you click on "Device Management", you'll be met with "The connection to the server timed out", how could they fuck this up again? This is just my bump to this thread so people become aware of this situation once again and try to hound Sony for a fix.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Damn Sony fucked up again and now whenever you click on "Device Management", you'll be met with "The connection to the server timed out", how could they fuck this up again? This is just my bump to this thread so people become aware of this situation once again and try to hound Sony for a fix.

Awe son of a cracker jack. Just tried it and you're right. Guess that's not happening today. 

Dunno if it's related, but I've just noticed I'm no longer receiving email receipts for games I've purchased on PSN. Purchased two games today and haven't gotten anything, but they still seem to be very much purchased on my account and downloaded fine. Pretty sure I purchased something earlier this month as well and never got an email.

No idea how long this has been going on for, but I've managed to find some other people that have confirmed they aren't receiving email receipts any more either.

On one hand, I'm relieved I'm not getting bombarded with "thank you for your purchase" emails for downloading something free, but it is also a little concerning. Definitely some weird shit happening with Sony's servers right now it seems, even if it isn't really directly affecting PSN much (if at all).

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

When I had to deactivate my broken PS4 remotely, didn't have any problems.

This is an issue that has been occurring on the PlayStation website for at least the last 2 weeks. It worked for me in the past too, everyone I’ve talked to about this recently has said that they’re also experiencing these problems with the website currently. 

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

This is an issue that has been occurring on the PlayStation website for at least the last 2 weeks. It worked for me in the past too, everyone I’ve talked to about this recently has said that they’re also experiencing these problems with the website currently. 

Well, glad it did. If I hadn't been able to, would've been pissed off big time. 

2 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

Seems this is fixed again. Managed to deactivate my acc remotely via website. 

My acc is Japanese though. 

However, i also had the server connection time out everyday for a few weeks until just now.

Just tried it myself, can confirm my consoles are appearing once again on the website. It initially still listed my activated consoles as 0 when first clicking on it, but the page refreshed and displayed the correct number of consoles I have activated, no more "connection has timed out" BS.

UK account here.

I have also the problem with the website timeout. However after refreshing the page for around 5 times it works but then there stand that 0 consoles are active...

So I phoned the german support.

He never heard of that connection problem… and then he also saw that 0 consoles are active...

But then after a further minute he saw that 5 were active and deactivated all?