To all Mastermind players cheating (lag switch etc).

I personally would say they had too much of chances with Multiplayer (RE5 Versus, RE6 multiple Versus Mode, RE:ORC, Umbrella Corps.) enough is enough, they are too incompetent to make an decent Multiplayer at all and they should've focused more on the Singleplayer games. You're right with Resistance being the best RE Multiplayer experience they ever had, but what did they fked it up? Matchmaking, the most important thing any online game, but they choosed P2P over dedicated server, in 2020. I'm sorry but no ones patience is infinite and I reached a point where I would even say: after getting the Plat this game can rot in hell and I don't care what they do with it anymore. They take too long.

8 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Remember when you pay for Ps Plus this is what you're getting. No dedicated servers for you, just shitty peer 2 peer matchmaking full of lag switchers. 

Oh yes, on top of that you pay for this shit, can't wait switching to PC on the next Gen.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2020 at 7:44 AM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I experienced that in one of my matches. We were destroying Annette Birkin and then when we got to Area 3 all of a sudden the connection conveniently goes to shit. (like shown in the video)

True it gets bad.

I haven't experienced anything as bad as in the video but I do usually have to play with that annoying message on the screen - "unstable connection to mastermind". I don't really need to be informed of that. I would rather be left to live in ignorance.

I wasn't aware they weren't using dedicated servers until I read this thread. That's disappointing for such a big developer. I used to be an avid Friday the 13th player and the lack of dedicated servers on that game was a massive bone of contention among the fans for a long time.

Edited by JPageMartin36
  • Like 1

What is lag switching? Most of my matches list a poor connection with the host, but I don’t recall ever seeing lag like the above. I’ve played at least 50 matches, most as a survivor and this definitely hasn’t been my experience. Hopefully that’s a good sign for the future of the game. Anyway, I share your concern. The game is fun (not amazing, but fun) and I’d like to see it live on for a while.

17 minutes ago, droppingtherock said:

What is lag switching? Most of my matches list a poor connection with the host, but I don’t recall ever seeing lag like the above. I’ve played at least 50 matches, most as a survivor and this definitely hasn’t been my experience. Hopefully that’s a good sign for the future of the game. Anyway, I share your concern. The game is fun (not amazing, but fun) and I’d like to see it live on for a while.

It's a piece of equipment that you attach to your router/modem that temporarily stops the flow of traffic, which causes the host player to "lag" for everyone else but himself, so he gets a major advantage

17 minutes ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

Experiences like this are nothing to do with PS+. This is all down to the developers opting for a p2p connection instead of dedicated servers.

It has everything to do with Plus and Sony. Plus does not provide dedicated servers unlike Steam, so devs do not have the option to let Sony manage their servers. What is the equivalent of SteamCMD for Sony? There is none. It is cheaper for devs to let Valve provide dedicated servers for their games by the way, not more expensive. Valve does this for free, Plus costs money and doesn't do shit ?

• Like 4

On 18/04/2020 at 2:51 PM, panikooooos said:

It has everything to do with Plus and Sony. Plus does not provide dedicated servers unlike Steam, so devs do not have the option to let Sony manage their servers. What is the equivalent of SteamCMD for Sony? There is none. It is cheaper for devs to let Valve provide dedicated servers for their games by the way, not more expensive. Valve does this for free, Plus costs money and doesn't do shit ?

Developers can still have dedicated servers. Lots of games on PlayStation have them. Whilst yes, Sony could provide them in the same capacity as Steam. They are also not stopping developers from using them. I agree that Sony could do more, but it’s a little unfair for people to put the blame solely on them. When the developers are the ones responsible for their own game, and didn’t include dedicated servers.

• Like 4

it does seem way worse now then during the first few weeks it came out, did tha plat about 3 weeks ago and kept playing till after Jill was added, its so bad since the last patch every other game i got was laggy as a suriviour.

Wish capcom would get it fixed soon and find a way to reduce/ban these types of players

• 2 weeks later...

me too , not all the time but sometimes have a lag party impossible to open doors / kill monsters.

And sometimes i found fast one party sometimes i take 5-10 minutes for found one party , i fear for the future of this game.

It's a good game i love it , but the lag and the long time for found one party is hard to take.

Yes we pay for ps plus and we are the servers lol. sony too have to do their work.Capcom too...

Funny, you know, I play Dead by daylight for more tan 3 years now, its the same thing. you just learn to deal with that. at least in DBD you can always see how bad the connection is before entering the match so you can leave without punishment before starting the match with that mastermind/killer in dbd. I thought about starting this game since it is similar to DBD and I love that, this bad connection thing is not holding me from it after my DBD experience :D this is something that will never change. DBD offeres dedicated servers now, but after years of success. other games, and this will be one of it, won't give you that.

Everytime I play this game, I get owned. For both sides. If I play Mastermind, I get owned because I'm not cheating by hacking/lag switching. If I play Survivor, I get owned by a Rank 50 Spencer spamming guns and immobilizing goo. Or a Daniel spawning 10 zombies and 5 lickers all at once. I mean, what the hell is going on with this game? Are people hacking it, gaining unfair advantages? It has alot of potentional, but if people are cheating, it'll kill this game before it has a chance to thrive.

8 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Everytime I play this game, I get owned. For both sides. If I play Mastermind, I get owned because I'm not cheating by hacking/lag switching. If I play Survivor, I get owned by a Rank 50 Spencer spamming guns and immobilizing goo. Or a Daniel spawning 10 zombies and 5 lickers all at once. I mean, what the hell is going on with this game? Are people hacking it, gaining unfair advantages? It has alot of potentional, but if people are cheating, it'll kill this game before it has a chance to thrive.

The hacking seems to be a PC thing though I have heard of some weirdness even in the PS4 version. The Mastermind can get that scenario you talked about with presets as they can down lickers ahead of time and then add zombies and other lickers to it, most commonly seen on stage 3.

Survivor wins for you is going to depend on who you get matched up with. Having people who know what they're doing makes a drastic difference, just 1 said person can heavily tip the scales in your favour against most players and if you add more it only gets worse for them. If you get paired up with bad players then that can lead to you being simply crushed yeah.

Mastermind meanwhile has a number of issues. First off default decks are terrible so you need rank 5 to unlock custom decks for them however post that you also need to get certain rank unlocks to get key cards, sometimes cards clearly for other Masterminds such as getting Danial to rank 25 for Lockdown trap which is clearly a Spencer card. The ones I'd say are key ones to go for as soon as possible are:

Alex to 13 for Immobilising Rounds for everyone (only card that should be in every deck).

Annette to 19 for Efficiency Mod - Creatures for herself and Daniel. 

There are other good unlocks (Spencer to 13 for Enhancement Energy Leech is considered real good by many, others not so much) but the above two seem the most vital to get soon as.

However beyond that you need to reach 24 (you unlock a spray at 25 by the way so you may as well stop there with them before working on others) with people before they get all 15 equipment points and Masterminds really need equipment points more than survivors do.

i can never win a mastermind match i am VS survivors are 90% time level 21 -57 some are level 104 , i use turret , armored zombie i deploy i control but for what? he is killed with flame trower / grenade stun / grenade , when i deploy zombies armored they are killed like they are nothing , and 90% the time i see survivors they split in the area for found fast the key items for go the next area , it's a pain to win with mastermind , i am mastermind level 9 , but i smell i am nothing...

9 hours ago, Mouton33 said:

i can never win a mastermind match i am VS survivors are 90% time level 21 -57 some are level 104 , i use turret , armored zombie i deploy i control but for what? he is killed with flame trower / grenade stun / grenade , when i deploy zombies armored they are killed like they are nothing , and 90% the time i see survivors they split in the area for found fast the key items for go the next area , it's a pain to win with mastermind , i am mastermind level 9 , but i smell i am nothing...

Sounds like you're playing with Daniel unless you mean the partially armoured zombie. You'll want to hit level 13/14 which unlocks a skill where his zombies when you're controlling them can't be knocked back and then use that. Some people and I've used it myself do use the skill you start with over the knockback but you need equipment to make it work. Ultimately sadly until they bring in some sort of ranked match making you're going to have things stacked against you as the mastermind. As the mastermind not only do you have skills and equipment slots/points locked at low levels like Survivors do, but you have cards many of which are the best ones are locked too. In addition a low level survivor is in a team and high level players can carry them while no one can carry a low level mastermind.

Also by the way, levels only matter up to 24. A level 100 has nothing beyond what a 24 would have, they've just played more with that character. Today I played a team of level 40-80 guys on a team and beat them soundly without issue. The only way to get better is to continue playing and leveling up, unlocking cards, and also when playing survivor do try and pick up on things that are happening. If a mastermind you play just wipes you out then it's good to look at how they managed it.

thank you for the tips i have win the trophy gold mastermind , with level 3 -5 -6 -10. Yes when i play i found good ideas. i wiped one party with a spencer level 3. 

But i have see teams are very work on destroy camera / moving at four players , or team split x 2 on the area for found more fast the key items. 

one month after the release have more chances now to found skilled players. 

And i think a mastermind level 10 or 15 is not very good.